Metra Spyclops 8x8 HD System
8-channel video surveillance system with 1TB NVR and eight HD cameras
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Metra Spyclops 8x8 HD System by Crutchfield's Emily S.
A convenient security package
This camera and NVR package provides everything you need to keep tabs on your home or small business. The eight included HD cameras are weather-resistant, and they have auto-activated infrared LED sensors that provide clear imaging up to 65 feet away in the dark. The included 8-channel NVR provides plenty of storage space for video, thanks to the 1TB hard drive inside.
How does it work?
These eight IP cameras connect to the NVR (network video recorder) via eight included Ethernet cables. Known as PoE (Power over Ethernet), this type of connection carries power to the camera as well as passing video signals back to the recorder. PoE camera systems are ideal for installations where longer cable runs are required.
Keep an eye on things, wherever you are
You can view the live stream or recorded videos on directly connected monitors (not included) or remotely with the web interface. But the easiest playback option is the free Spyclops mobile app which allows you view footage on any iOS® or Android™ mobile device. You can also save still images and record video directly to your phone with the app's capture and record function.
- complete video surveillance kit with NVR and eight HD indoor/outdoor bullet cameras
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for reliable network connection and power
- monitor from anywhere, anytime using your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- free Spyclops mobile app features:
- view live stream and recordings
- save still images and record video directly to your mobile device with the capture and record function
- closed system (included cameras and NVR are not compatible with other systems)
- real-time monitoring and recording at 1080p resolution
- 1TB hard drive for video storage
- 2 rear USB ports
- VGA and HDMI outputs for video monitoring
- Ethernet (WAN) port
- 15V power supply
- mouse included
- 12-9/16"W x 2"H x 10"D
- weight: 10 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
2-megapixel camera (x8):
- full HD 1080p resolution
- 3.6mm fixed lens
- 3D digital noise reduction
- clear infrared night imaging up to 65 feet away
- IP66 weather resistance
- 59 feet of Ethernet cable included for each camera
- 2-1/2" diameter x 7" length (including base)
- weight: 11.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- SPY-NVR8POEKIT1 8-channel network video recorder (NVR)
- 8 White Bullet IP cameras with attached 8" cable (RJ-45 jack)
- Eight 59" Ethernet cables (RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- 24 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- 24 Plastic wall anchors
- NVR AC adapter with attached 44" DC output cord (DC output: 15V 4A)
- 48" AC cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Wireless remote
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Mouse with attached 44" cord (Type A USB)
- 2 Sets of 5 Spyclops window decals
- Quick Install Guide
- QC Certification (triangle)
8-Channel NVR Kit: The Spyclops SPY-NVR8POEKIT1 is an 8-channel video surveillance kit with 8 POE (Power over Ethernet) bullet cameras and a network video recorder (NVR). This video surveillance kit is ideal to protect your home or small business. No monitor is included with the kit.
Dimensions: The NVR and Cameras have the following dimensions:
- NVR: 12-9/16"W x 2"H x 10"D
- Cameras: 2-1/2" diameter, 7" length (including base), 2-9/16" x 2-9/16" base; weight 11.7 ounces
8-channel NVR: The NVR is an 8-channel security NVR (network video recorder) that can record HD video from up to 8 IP cameras. There are two bays for installing HDDs, each supporting up to 4 TB HDDs each for up to 8 TB total storage. A single 1 TB HDD is pre-installed.
Operating System: The NVR has an embedded Linux operating system. An optical mouse is included for controlling the system via its graphical user interface. There are HDMI and VGA outputs provided for connecting the NVR to a TV or computer monitor.
Video Quality: The NVR uses H.264 video compression, and output 1920 x 1080p for all cameras through its HDMI or VGA outputs.
Remote Monitoring: The NVR can be connected to your home network for remote monitoring. You can log in to e-seenet.com to view the video from your Windows PC. In addition, the Spyclops app, available for Android and Apple iOS devices, lets you view live and recorded video from your Spyclops DVR surveillance system on a smartphone or tablet. The app supports single or multiple DVRs, and you can create custom groups with cameras from multiple locations for simultaneous viewing. The app is available for iPhone/iPad with iOS 8.0 or later, and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Backup: Video and audio stored in the NVR can be easily and quickly backed up using a USB drive (flash drive, portable HDD, or disk burner). Two USB ports are included on the rear panel--one for the included mouse, and one for a USB backup drive.
Connections: The NVR has the following connections on the rear panel:
- HDMI Output: x1 (Full size)
- VGA Out: Female DE-15 x1
- WAN: RJ-45 x1
- LAN (cameras): RJ-45 x8
- USB: Type A female x2 (Mouse, USB backup)
- Power: DC barrel connection
Overview: The SPY-NVR8POEKIT1 includes 8 POE bullet cameras with 3.6mm lenses and 2MP 1080p HD image sensors. The cameras produce Full HD video with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels at 30 fps. The cameras have a durable, weatherproof white metal housing, and can be used for outdoor or indoor installations.
POE: The cameras are connected to the NVR via the supplied 59' Ethernet cables for both video signal and power. Power is supplied to each camera through the Ethernet cables from the NVR's 15V power supply.
Mounting: The cameras come mounted on a 2-9/16" diameter base that can be attached to a wall or ceiling via 3 screws. They can be tilted up to 90° on the base and rotated to properly orient the camera. The camera has a fixed sunshield to protect the lens from rain and direct sunlight.
Weather Resistance: The cameras are IP66 compliant, which means they have been tested under the harshest conditions. The cameras are dust proof and weatherproof, and are designed to operate in temperatures of +14°F to +122°F (-10°C to +50°C).
Infrared LEDs: The cameras are equipped with three large infrared LEDs enhance the available light in dark areas to give you more image detail in extreme low light conditions. The LEDs provide Night Vision viewing up to 65' (20 meters). Minimum illumination is 0.1 Lux (color) or 0.01 Lux (B&W).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.