Sonus Faber Venere Wall
Multi-purpose home theater speaker (White)
Sonus Faber Venere Wall - Curved, non-parallel cabinet walls reduce cabinet resonance for cleaner sound
Sonus Faber Venere Wall - Included hinged wall-mount bracket allows speaker to be aimed for better sound
Item # 968VNWALWH | MFR # VNR Wall-WH
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sonus Faber Venere Wall by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Compact, versatile, and beautiful
Sonus faber Venere Wall in genuine walnut wood finish.
The Sonus faber Venere Wall is one versatile speaker. Mount a pair on your wall to create a powerful, compact stereo sound system. Use one as your home theater's center channel speaker with a wall mounted TV, or multiple pairs for enveloping surround sound applications. It works beautifully with the voice-matched Sonus faber Venere bookshelf and floor-standing speakers for crisp, clear movie dialogue and gripping sound effects. You could even place three of them across your home theater's front soundstage to enjoy engaging sound while conserving valuable floor space. Sonus faber includes all the hardware you need to mount this attractive speaker vertically or horizontally on your wall. No matter how you use it, you can count on clear, detailed sound.
Exceptional clarity and definition
The Venere Wall's 1-1/8" smooth-sounding silk dome tweeter adds sparkle and detail without a trace of harshness. Its 6" poly textile midwoofer is enhanced with a 6" passive radiator to serve up distinct vocals with real natural presence and strong, highly defined bass.
The Venere Wall's hinged mounting bracket lets you mount the speaker vertically or horizontally, and aim it toward your ears for clearer sound.
Better cabinets for better sound
Sonus faber builds each Venere Wall enclosure with non-parallel internal sides to reduce distortion caused by internal standing waves. The front baffle features waveguides around each driver to help the speaker produce a more coherent and "live" presentation. The cabinets are then completed with premium, high-gloss black or white finishes, or a real wood veneer, for a stylish, modern appearance. Sonus tops off each speaker with an attractive magnetically attached grille to give the Wall a clean, streamlined look.
- frequency response: 50-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 30-150 watts
- 1-1/8" silk soft dome tweeter for smooth, detailed high-frequency response
- one 6" thermo-molded polypropylene textile Curv cone mid-woofer to enhance stiffness and reduce mass for greater speed and accuracy
- one 6" Curv cone passive radiator to enhance bass
- curved cabinet for increased rigidity and reduced internal standing waves
- speaker can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- included hinged wall-mount bracket allows speaker to be aimed towards listening position for better sound
- bass-reflex (passive radiator) cabinet design
- high-quality crossover for greater accuracy
- heavy-duty spring-post speaker terminals
- magnetically attached cloth grille
- 19-3/4"W x 8-13/16"H x 11-1/2"D
- weight: 21 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wall-mount loudspeaker
- Wall-mount bracket
- 2 Screws
- Owner's manual
- Mounting template
Sonus Faber Venere Wall Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Number of Speakers||1|
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||6|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker Design: The Sonus faber Venere Wall loudspeaker utilizes a two-way design with custom-built drivers by the best international manufacturers for natural, well-balanced, non-fatiguing sound. Each driver is built exclusively to Sonus faber's own specific design and specifications using special software and then perfected and reviewed by ear.
- Tweeter: The Venere Wall loudspeaker features one Sonus faber designed 1" pre-coated fabric, silk dome tweeter with no ferrofluid created by DKM (German based company).
- Mid-woofer: The Venere Wall features a single Sonus faber designed 6" polypropylene composite, textured Curve cone mid-woofer with a rubber surround and a free compression basket design for ultra dynamic performance and linearity; manufactured by Germany-based Propex.
Passive Radiator: The Venere Wall loudspeaker also uses a 6" polypropylene composite, textured Curve cone passive radiator for additional midrange & midbass performance.
Crossover Network: The two-way loudspeaker employs a precision crossover (2,000Hz) using high-quality components to ensure an even frequency response and smooth transition over the entire audible range of all drivers for a well-balanced, natural sound.
Cabinet Design: The Venere Wall speaker feature a CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) gloss-lacquer-coated MDF cabinet that is rigid and beautiful. Unlike other speaker manufactures that want to mask the sound of the cabinet, Sonus faber designs it speaker cabinets so they work in synergy with the drivers and perfectly complement one another for a perfect sound.
- Lyre Inspired: The speaker cabinet's shape is inspired by the Lyre string instrument to ensure the absence of parallel internal surfaces to control air movement inside the cabinet and create sound that is dynamic, clean, rich in detail, and natural. The Lyre inspired cabinet guarantees exceptional control of internal resonance, perfect acoustics, excellent driver stability, and room-friendly placement.
- Sloped Front Baffle: The sloping front baffle, featuring curved lines, allows for perfect timing and effective transition between the drivers, always ensuring an excellent listening experience.
Colors & Finishes: The Sonus faber Venere Wall loudspeaker is available in a gloss black or gloss white lacquer finish, or a walnut wood veneer finish.
Heavy-Duty Spring Posts: On the back panel of Sonus faber Venere Wall loudspeaker are heavy duty spring post terminals. These spring post terminals will accept bare wire or pin connectors.
Wall-Mount Bracket: The Sonus faber Venere Wall loudspeaker comes with a wall-mount bracket which allows you to hang the speaker on a wall, either in a vertical or horizontal orientation. When vertically wall-mounted, the bracket allows you to swivel the speaker left-to-right. When horizontally wall-mounted, the bracket allows you to angle the speaker up-or-down.
Application & Placement: The Sonus faber Venere Wall loudspeaker is specifically designed to be hung on the wall and can be used in stereo or multichannel audio applications as Front, Center, Surround, & Surround Back speakers.
Note: The Sonus faber Venere Wall loudspeaker is not designed to be table-top mounted.
Break-In Period: Sonus faber recommends 100 to 250 hours of break-in to get the most of their Venere series of loudspeakers.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I already have other speakers from the product line. I needed a center channel, but the sonus venere center channel doesn't allow me to mount on the wall. [ Jeremy Sep 04, 2017 ]