Monitor Audio W165
- ideal for an in-wall music system or left or right channel in a home theater system
- pivoting 1" gold dome C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminum/Magnesium) tweeter for detailed sound
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" MMP® II (Metal Matrix Polymer) woofer
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 20-65 watts
- frequency response: 60-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- patented Tri-Grip® mounting system ensures maximum surface seal for better bass and midrange clarity
- paintable removable magnetic steel grille
- cutout dimensions: 8-3/8"W x 13-1/16"H
- overall dimensions: 9-13/16"W x 14-9/16"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/8"
- weight: 4.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-wall speaker
- Paint skim
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cutout Template
These speakers are a huge improvement over my old setup. They have a full and bright sound, and my wife really appreciates that they are hidden in the wall.
Anonymous, Commerce Twp, MI
Monitor Audio W165 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||8.375 x 13.0625|
|Woofer Composition||Metal Matrix Polymer|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-65|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Monitor Audio W165 in-wall speaker utilizes a two-way driver design, featuring a pivoting 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and a proprietary 6.5" MMP II woofer. Engineered for excellent detail resolution and full-range sound, the W165 will deliver great sound for distributed audio, home theater, and stereo applications.
- 1" C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter: The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminum/magnesium alloy, gold anodized to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modeling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats. The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
- 6.5" MMP II Cone Woofer: The 6.5" MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) cone woofer has a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. It is manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimize stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
Tweeter Control: The 1" C-CAM tweeter is able to pivot (up/down and left/right) to direct the sound to your desired listening area. A HF (High Frequency) level adjustment also aids in high frequency performance. With the High Frequency Level Control set to "0", the in-ceiling speaker will give you a neutral sound. Switching to the "+3db" setting will give the high frequencies a boost, giving you more clarity and presence in the treble. If you want more prominence in the bass frequencies, switch to the "-3db" setting. The HF level adjustment switch is located on front of the baffle behind the grille.
Spring-Post Terminals: The Monitor Audio W165 is outfitted with two gold-plated spring-post terminals to connect your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals which accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), banana plugs (sing/dual), and angled pin-connectors.
"Trimless" Magnetic Grille: The W165 in-wall speaker features a steel-mesh grille that is held in place by high strength Neodymium magnets covering the entire speaker for a true "trimless", stealth look. The grille is paintable to blend with the living environment; additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
Tri-Grip Fixing System: Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes and provides 3x the surface area and a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and midrange clarity. The Tri-Grip fixings are made from a tough re-enforced polymer, giving a secure installation.
- Cutout Size: 8.375" (w) x 13.0625" (h)
- Mounting Depth: 3.625"
- Drywall Thickness: 0.25" to 1.75"
Protective Covers: The Monitor Audio W165 features a dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.