Fender Passport® Conference
Compact portable PA system — great for a class or conference room
Item # 895FPC | MFR # 6945000000
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Fender Passport® Conference by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Do you need a small PA system to help with presentations or play music in a conference room, classroom, or exercise studio? Fender's Passport Conference system gives you the ability to amplify up to three microphones and play stereo music from your device with enough volume to fill those kinds of spaces. The system uses 175 total watts to drive two PA speakers, each consisting of a 5-1/4" woofer plus two 2-3/4" tweeters. The 3-piece system latches together in one neat suitcase-like package for incredible convenience for travel or storage.
Well laid out and simple to use
Just unlatch the speakers from the mixer module, plug in the included cables, and you'll be all ready to plug up your mics and music for your show. Each channel of the Passport Conference's powered mixer features single-knob tone adjustment, volume control, and an overload/clip indicator, so you won't distort a loud voice, for example. Channels 1, 2, and 3 also feature a Pad button that lowers a hot incoming signal 20 dB, also to prevent distortion.
- compact portable PA system
- two speakers and mixer module latch together as a suitcase-like package for travel and storage
- speaker wires and power cord included
- one 5-1/4" woofer and two 2-3/4" tweeters per speaker
- 35mm sockets in speakers for pole mounting
- built-in 175-watt amplifier
- 5-channel mixer
- channels 1-3: (XLR, 1/4" TS) 20 dB pad, tone, volume, and clip light
- channels 4-5: (1/4" TS, 1/8" TRS) tone, volume, and clip light
- headphone output (1/8" TRS) with level control
- master output volume control
- dimensions: 24"W x 18"H x 10"D
- weight: 31 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered mixer
- 2 Speakers
- 76" Power cord (3-pin IEC)
- Two 16.5' lengths of speaker wire terminated in right-angle 1/4" TS jacks
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Port)
This setup is very user friendly. Even if your new to this type of equipment. Lightweight and sounds great.
Dabney, Mc Rae, GA
Fender Passport® Conference Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Mic inputs|| XLR|
|Line inputs|| 1/4" TS|
|Number of speakers||2|
|Drivers per speaker||3|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25"|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||2.75" x2|
|System Frequency response||Not Given|
Overview: The Fender Passport Conference is a portable and versatile audio system designed for small to medium-sized audiences. It includes a powered mixer and two full-range speakers that conveniently snap together for suitcase-style portability making it ideal for meetings, seminars, sporting events, and for gigs at small clubs and coffeehouses. The Conference features a five channel mixer with nine inputs: Three XLR, five 1/4" TS, an 1/8" stereo jack, as well as an 1/8" stereo line (headphone) output. The built-in amplifier provides a total of 175 watts of power, 85 watts per speaker @4Ω, for clear reliable sound.
Front Panel: All of the Conference's inputs are located on the front panel with channels 1 - 3 being mono, each with an XLR and a 1/4" TS input jack. Channels 4/5 are configured as a stereo/dual-mono input with an 1/8" stereo jack and two 1/4" TS (L/R) jacks. Each of the 4 channel strips has its own Tone and Volume controls with channels 1 - 3 each including a 20 dB pad button. The 1/8" headphone output has its own Level control and a Master Volume control is provided for the overall output of the mixer.
Rear Panel: The rear panel of the Passport Conference has two 1/4" speaker output jacks to use with the included 16.5' speaker wire terminated with right-angle 1/4" jacks. There's a voltage selector switch that can be set for 100V - 120V or 220V - 240V for international use. The rear panel also includes a 3-pin IEC power socket, the Power switch, and a small storage enclosure to house the speaker wire and power cord during transportation.
Speakers: Each of the two included speakers contains a 5.25" woofer along with two 2.75" articulated tweeters housed in a durable molded-plastic enclosure. The front panels are protected by a perforated metal grill and also include the 1/4" speaker input jacks.
Indicators: Each of the input channels and the main volume have an LED indicator that lights green when a signal is present. These will turn yellow if the signal level gets close to clipping (-10 dB) and go red if the signal does clip. Each of the Pad buttons lights red when pushed in and a main power LED is also provided.
- Power: 175 W total / 85 W x 2 @ 4Ω
- Inputs: Three XLR, five 1/4", one stereo 1/8"
- Outputs: Two main 1/4" L/R, 1/8" stereo headphone
- Controls: Volume and Tone for each channel, 20 dB pad, Master volume
- Portability: Integrated top-mounted carry handle
- Weight: 31 lbs.
- Mixer: Width - 10.0", Height - 18.0", Depth - 11.50"
- Each Speaker: Width - 10.0", Height - 9.625", Depth - 12.0"
- Combined: Width - 24.0", Height - 18.0", Depth - 10.0"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.