Digital stereo multi-source power amplifier
Item # 021AD3002 | MFR # AD3002
$579.99 Earn up to 580 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the AudioSource AD3002 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Tons of power with a single-rack footprint
Playing music in multiple rooms of your home is a lot of fun — especially when you have plenty of power to get the most out of your speakers. AudioSource's AD3002 is a solid choice for folks who want a high-current amplifier to power a two-zone music system. The AD3002 delivers high-quality playback for analog sources like a tuner or turntable, and digital sources like a TV or CD player. Use it to drive tower or bookshelf speakers in your living room, while also playing music through a pair of outdoor speakers at the same time.
Drive your speakers with authority
The AD3002 delivers 150 watts of continuous power per channel when connected to a pair of eight-ohm speakers. It also cranks out 275 watts at four ohms. Want to bridge the two channels to drive a single speaker? You'll get a whopping 600 watts of clean power from this amp. Use multiple AD3002s for a cost-effective and space-saving way to get separate amplification for each channel of your home theater or two-channel system. You'll have plenty of headroom to drive even the most demanding speakers. A carefully designed chassis minimizes heat when installed in a rack.
Easily play music in two rooms
It's a breeze to set up a two-zone music system with the AD3002. It can drive two separate pairs of speakers connected to its A and B binding posts. Because it's four-ohm stable, you can enjoy music through two pairs of eight-ohm speakers simultaneously. Play music indoors through the A pair of speakers, and listen to the same source outside through the B speakers. When it's time to come inside for the night, simply switch off the B pair and let the party continue inside. The included remote provides easy control.
Multiple source and power-on options
The AD3002 offers two pairs of analog RCA inputs for your music sources. It also has an optical digital input, which provides a high-quality connection for a TV, CD player, or network music streamer. The amp can switch sources automatically when a signal is detected. It can be turned on manually, or automatically when it detects a source. The '3002 is even 12-volt trigger compatible so you can have it turn on when another piece of equipment is fired up. Rear-mounted bass and treble controls provide tone adjustment for your room.
Never worry about blowing your speakers
One of the features I like the most about the AD3002 is the ability to set maximum volume limits. On the upper left corner of the back panel are two small dials. These let you set a volume "ceiling" for each channel, so even if some over-enthusiastic listener maxes out the volume knob on the front of the amp, there won't be any damage to the speakers. This is a great way to make sure that guests or kids don't accidentally turn the system up to distortion levels.
- 150 watts x 2 into 8 ohms or 275 watts into 4 ohms
- 600 watts when bridged into a single 8-ohm load
- high-efficiency switching amplifier design
- front-panel volume and balance controls
- binding post A and B speaker connectors
- A/B speaker switching
- speaker-level input allows integration into an existing system where no RCA level signal is present
- optical digital input for connecting a TV, CD player, or network streaming device
- rear-panel bass and treble controls
- loop output on the main line input passes that audio signal on to another amp, giving you flexibility in designing a larger multi-room system
- main and secondary ("Interrupt") audio line inputs with automatic source switching
- signal sensing "Power On" and Trigger mode
- auto-on select switch allows manual or signal sensing power on/off
- master volume feature allows installer to set maximum volume so connected speakers cannot be distorted or damaged
- adjustable delay so that the amp doesn't switch to another source at the end of a song
- infrared remote control included
- rack-mountable with included hardware
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Digital stereo power amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Rack-mount brackets
- 6 Machine screws
- Owner's Manual
AudioSource AD3002 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||150|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||275|
|Bridged Power per Channel||600 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
AudioSource AD Series: AudioSource AD series amplifiers are designed for home and commercial audio distribution systems where high quality sound, flexibility, and reliability are essential. The AD series offers exceptional value and many features that will make their installation and use easy and convenient.
Digital Stereo Power Amplifier: The AudioSource AD3002 digital stereo power amplifier is designed for dedicated stereo & distributed audio applications. It offers A & B speaker outputs. The amplifier can be configured for Stereo or Bridged output.
- Stereo (8-ohm): 150 watts x 2 channels, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Stereo (4-ohm): 275 watts x 2 channels, 10-30kHz, <0.2% THD+N
- Bridged Mono (8-ohm): 600 watts x 1 channel, 1kHz, <0.2% THD+N
Rear-Panel Connections: The AudioSource AD3002 digital stereo power amplifier is equipped with the following inputs & outputs:
- Main Input/Output: The AD3002 Main Input consists of stereo RCA jacks and are used as the amplifier's primary audio inputs. The Main Output also consists of stereo RCA jacks and passthrough the AD3002's Main Input audio signal to another amplifier.
- Interrupting Line Input: The Interrupting Input consists of stereo RCA Jacks. This input can be used if a second source is desired and takes over when signal is present and has at least a 5mV level. When there is no signal, or a signal with less than 5mV level, the amp switches back to Main input after a brief delay.
- Optical Digital Input: The amplifier features an optical (toslink) digital input that will accept 2ch PCM audio signals (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS).
- Speaker A/B Terminals: The AudioSource AD3002 is fitted with binding-post terminals for A & B speaker connection for powering up to two pair of speakers. The minimum impedance for each speaker section is 4-ohm in Stereo mode and 8-ohm in Bridged mode. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
- High-Level Inputs: The screw-down high-level inputs can be used to connect a source with speaker-level output instead of line-level outputs. Route this high-level input signal to either the amplifier's Interrupt Input or Main Input.
- Trigger In/Out: The 12V trigger input and output allow the AD3002 to be powered on by other electronics or to power on other electronics via a 3.5mm minijack cable. The trigger input can operate with voltages between 3 and 20VDC.
- Power Cord: The digital stereo power amplifier features a detachable 6' AC power cord terminated by a 3-prong connector.
Front-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AD3002 digital stereo power amplifier features the following front-panel controls.
- Power Switch: The front-panel Power Switch turns the AD3002 on or off. A red LED indicates connection to AC power while in standby mode and turns green indicating audio signal is present.
- Volume Trim: This rotary encoder adjust amplifier volume from -12dB to +6dB relative to the the Master Volume control the back panel.
- A/B Speaker Selector: You can select Speakers A, Speakers B, or Both for playback.
- Balance: The Balance control lets you fade the amplifier's speaker output between the Right & Left channels.
Rear-Panel Controls: The AudioSource AD3002 offers the following rear-panel controls.
- Master Volume: Provides independent volume level adjustment of the amplifier's left and right channels.
- Bass & Treble: Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) can be adjusted from -12dB to + 12dB.
- Mode Select (Stereo or Bridged): Select Stereo mode for connecting one or two pair of loudspeakers, When set to Bridged mode, the AD3002 becomes a single channel mono amplifier for powering one speaker. Only the Right audio input is used during bridged-mode. Only one zone (A or B) can be bridged; not both.
- Delay Time: Allows for a 3 to 15 second delay to be set when switching from the amplifier's Interrupting and Main Input.
- Power Mode: Set the Auto On switch to Normal for manual power on/off. Set the Auto switch to Auto for signal sensing; the amp will turn on when audio signal (>5mV) is detected at the inputs The front-panel power switch must be in the On position (pushed in) for the Auto On feature to operate. Or, select 12V Trigger which allows the AD3002 to be powered on by other electronic component or to power on other electronics via a 3.5 minijack cable (between 3-20VDC).
Remote Control: The AudioSource AD3002 includes an IR remote control for wireless operation of the amplifier. Remote control functions include Power/Standby, Volume Up/Down, Mute, and Speakers A/B.
Mounting Options: The AudioSource AD3002 digital stereo power amplifier features four rubber feet and can simply be placed on top of a flat surface; like a table-top, shelf, or stand. You can also remove the four rubber feet and rack-mount the amplifier using the included rack-mount ears and screws.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Rti a9s need more power [ Charles Mar 26, 2018 ]
Incredible power, incredibly compact. Bought my first one to power two zones of two outdoor speakers. Buying another one to power two more zones of two indoor speakers. Optical input is perfect for setting up multi-zone systems and streaming Pandora via ChromeCast Audio. Elegant, high-powered and compact solution. [ DAVID Feb 14, 2018 ]
For remote and multi-room audio, this pairs incredibly well with a Sonos Connect and also a AirportExpress. Amp quality is high, it is rack-mountable. Common gain/volume levels can be established across an array of speakers. It is signal activated - so once a source sends an amplified signal the power amp kicks in - easier than a 12/18V trigger. Finally, one could add Alexa to this... or an integrated system like crestron or HomeKit, etc.. [ Christian Jan 19, 2018 ]
crutchfield advisor [ Sam Dec 14, 2017 ]
Plenty of power, optical input, two zones, volume/bass/treble adjustment, front controls [ DAVID May 23, 2017 ]
Cory recommendation [ Joseph May 19, 2017 ]
3 questions already asked
for sure it will drive those monsters speakers very well and really good preamp from parasound i am using a zpre2 from para sound 300 buck wonderful set up all together sounds great jk.... [ JON Dec 11, 2017 ]
You can have both A and B speaker output channels playing at the same time. Now, these are not truly different zones as both sets of speaker output channels can only play the same source. If you need different sources to go to different rooms, then I recommend calling an advisor on 1-800-324-9695 for a personal recommendation. My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Jun 05, 2017 ] Staff
1 answer i plan to use this amp, to connect 4 speakers os5.5 niles of 100 watts each. 8 ohms. i plan to connect them in Parallel, 2 to the left, and 2 to the right, it appears. that they are going to convert in 4 ohms speakers when i change it in parallel mode. my question is, if this amp is going to work great with my configuration? [ mario Sep 19, 2016 ]
The AD3002 is 4 Ohm stable so, yes you can wire two pairs of 8 Ohm speakers in parallel. Keep in mind; the 275 watt (up to 137 per speaker) output does exceed the rated power handling of the Niles speakers (100 each) so you will need to be careful with the volume setting. I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Sep 24, 2016 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
Digital stereo multi-source power amplifier
Stereo dual-source power amplifier
Digital stereo multi-source power amplifier
NAD C 275BEE
Stereo power amplifier