TP-Link HS100 Smart Plug
Wireless smart home outlet
Our take on the TP-Link HS100 Smart Plug by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Simple remote control for household appliances
Want to be able to turn your lamp, fan, or stereo equipment off and on remotely? The TP-Link HS100 Smart Plug makes that an easy operation. Plug one or more into your existing wall outlets, connect your appliances, download the free Kasa app, and you can take control. Set up a schedule, or turn devices on or off directly whenever you like.
- schedule and control connected lights or appliances from anywhere
- control connected devices via the free Kasa app
- schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power electronics on and off
- uses your Wi-Fi® network for wireless operation
- compatible with:
- current draw: 15 amps
- 2-5/8"W x 4"H x 3-1/16"D
- weight: 4.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wi-Fi Smart Plug (HS100)
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Support
- GNU General Public License Notice
- Product rating card
Overview: The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug (HS100) is a Wi-Fi-enabled plug-in AC outlet that allows you to turn electronic devices on or off from anywhere using the Kasa app on your smartphone or tablet. The plug uses your existing home Wi-Fi network (IEEE 801.11b/g/n, 2.4GHz) to control almost any plug-in device, from TVs and stereos, to lamps, fans, small appliances, and heaters. It plugs into any outlet in your home, and has a single standard AC outlet for plugging in the device you want to control. From the app, you can turn the device on or off, and set schedules. The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug is designed for residential indoor usage, and should be used in dry areas only.
Note: The plug's electrical rating is 100-120V AC, 15A, 1800W.
Kasa App: The Kasa app lets you control all TP-Link Smart Home products from anywhere on your Apple iOS or Android devices. You can set and edit schedules to turn lights on or off while you're away to simulate occupancy. The countdown timer automatically switches off running household appliances after a specified amount of time. This can give you peace of mind when you use heat-generating devices such as curling irons or space heaters. The Kasa app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later, and is available from the Apple App Store. It is also compatible with Android devices running Android 4.1 and up, and available from Google Play.
TP-Link Compatibilities: The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug and Kasa app not only work with other TP-Link products within your own system, but cross over to work with other Smart Home products and services:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): The TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug works with Amazon Echo, Amazon Dot, and Amazon Tap, allowing you to control your devices with your voice. Simply speak voice commands to Alexa and the TP-Link devices will follow your directions.
- Google Home: Google Home gives you voice control over the devices you have plugged into the TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Plug. You can turn on lights, fans, heaters, or other devices with just the power of your voice.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.