Jamo S 8 ATM
Dolby Atmos® enabled add-on speakers for compatible Jamo speakers (Black)
Our take on the Jamo S 8 ATM by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Easy to achieve overhead sound effects
Jamo has pulled off something pretty slick with the S 8 ATMs. These compact Dolby Atmos® enabled speakers attach to the top of compatible Jamo bookshelf and floor-standing speakers, and provide upward-firing special effects for movie soundtracks.
Each speaker has customized connectors on the bottom that plug directly into the matching speaker below. (The matching "base" speaker has an extra set of input terminals for your receiver's Atmos channel.) Sound effects bounce off the ceiling and down to your ears, putting you right in the thick of the action. Pretty cool, right?
- Dolby Atmos enabled speaker modules
- designed to dock on top of compatible Jamo bookshelf and floor-standing speakers
- 4" polyfiber woofer
- drivers are angled upwards to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead effects
- customized connectors on the bottom plug into the speaker below
- your home theater receiver's Atmos channels connect to the extra set of input terminals on each "base" speaker, providing a connection to the Atmos speaker above
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- frequency response: conforms to Atmos specifications
- impedance: 8 ohms
- 7-5/8"W x 7-1/8"H x 9-9/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Jamo S 8 ATM Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Jamo Studio 8 Series: The new Jamo Studio 8 series of loudspeakers has been engineered and designed to complement and seamlessly blend in today's modern environments and fashionable living spaces. Contemporary material and finish choices accentuate the clean, minimalist lines of this European design, while the compact cabinet architecture is an ideal solution for today's urban living environments.
Note: The Jamo Studio 8 series consists of Floorstanding loudspeakers (S805/S807/S809), bookshelf loudspeakers (S801/S803), center channel speakers (S81C/S83C), Dolby Atmos elevation speaker (S8ATM), and powered subwoofer (S808SW/S810SW).
Dolby Atmos Elevation Speakers: Recreate the incredible cinematic experience of Dolby Atmos with the S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos Elevation speaker, which reflects Dolby Atmos height effects off the ceiling down to the listener, to create a truly stunning, 3-dimensional surround sound experience.
- 4" Polyfiber Woofer: The Jamo S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos Elevation speaker is outfitted with a top-firing 4" Polyfiber woofer with rubber surround.
- Sealed MDF Cabinet: The S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos Elevation speaker features an acoustic suspension (sealed) MDF cabinet wrapped in a black vinyl with wood accents, and comes with a woven linen cloth grille.
Compatibility: The S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos Elevation speaker is only compatible with Jamo's S807/S809 floorstanding speakers and S803 bookshelf speakers. It does not offer any standard type of speaker terminal connector to be used with other loudspeaker systems.
Discrete Connections: Elegant metal fasteners atop the cabinet of Jamo's S807/S809 floorstanding speakers and S803 bookshelf speakers provide a chic, modern industrial look, but also serve as a connection point for the Jamo S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos elevation speakers (sold separately). This patent-pending design allows for all of the wire connections on the back of the loudspeaker, avoiding unsightly and messy speaker wire going all the way up to the Atmos module - for cinematic, completely immersive Dolby Atmos sound while preserving the beautiful aesthetic of the Jamo Studio 8 Series.
Note: The S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos Elevation speaker is only compatible with Jamo's S807/S809 floorstanding speakers and S803 bookshelf speakers. It does not offer any standard type of speaker terminal connector to be used with other loudspeaker systems.
Dolby Atmos Certified: Dolby Atmos takes surround sound to a completely new level, by adding the third dimension of height to the two dimensional front/back left/right 5.1 or 7.1 sound mix. In Dolby Atmos, the floor speakers create the sound "bed" and the Dolby Atmos Enabled elevation speakers are fed a separate, discrete signal to move "sound objects" around the room with pinpoint accuracy. The effect is totally convincing, and really elevates the home cinema experience to new heights.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.