Auxiliary Input Adapter for UniLink
Our take on the Sony XA-107
This handy XA-107 module allows you to add an auxiliary input to your Sony changer-controlling receiver and retain the use of your Sony CD changer. The XA-107 accepts your UniLink changer cable and a patch cable from your non-UniLink source (cassette, MP3, Minidisc, etc.) and allows your Sony receiver to choose between the two sources. The 75" UniLink cable (included) and 6.5' RCA patch cable (included) connect the XA-107 to your receiver. 1-year warranty.Details:
- aux in stereo RCA inputs
- audio in stereo RCA inputs (accepts audio from Sony changer)
- control input accepts UniLink cable from changer
- control outputs connects XA-107 to receiver through supplied UniLink cable
- audio out (provides audio to Sony receiver with supplied RCA cable)
- 4-3/4"W x 1-1/8"H x 6-1/8"D
What's in the Box:
- Source selector module
- 75" UniLink cord
- 6.5' stereo RCA patch cord
- two self-tapping mounting screws
- instruction sheet
- warranty sheet.
General Overview: The source selector module accepts input from a UniLink CD/MD changer and a non-UniLink auxiliary source (portable CD, tape or MD player) and allows a Sony changer controller head unit to select input from the CD/MD changer or auxiliary source. The module essentially adds an aux input to a Sony UniLink changer controller while retaining the ability to accept input from a UniLink CD/MD changer.
AUX Input Connections: The input for the auxiliary source is a set of female RCA jacks mounted directly to the source selector module. For easy connection to the aux source, it is recommended that a stereo RCA patch cord (not included) be connected to the AUX IN jacks of the module and run to the location where the aux source will be located. If the aux source has a minijack output, a stereo minijack to RCA cable (item 137ACW339) will be needed instead of a standard RCA patch cable.
- AUX IN stereo RCA inputs
- AUDIO IN stereo RCA inputs (accepts RCA input from CD/MD changer)
- CONTROL UniLink connection that accepts cord provided with UniLink CD/MD changer
- MASTER UniLink connection (connect to the CD/MD changer controller with the provided UniLink cable)
- AUDIO OUT stereo RCA outputs (connect to the CD/MD changer controller with the provided RCA patch cord)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.