On-Q lyriQ™ Studio High Performance Keypad
Amplified in-wall controller for lyriQ multi-room audio systems
Item # 717AU5010W | MFR # AU5010
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the On-Q lyriQ™ Studio High Performance Keypad by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
This high-performance in-wall amplified keypad offers convenient pushbutton operation of your lyriQ multi-room music system. The keypad has easy-to-use controls for muting and volume adjustment, and includes a source button that lets you remotely select up to four different audio sources when used with a multi-source system. The built-in IR (infrared) sensor allows you to use On-Q's universal wireless remote to control system playback from across the room.
Each keypad contains a powerful 20-watt-per-channel Class D stereo amplifier that delivers rich, clean sound for large rooms or outdoor applications. A mono-summed line output provides a convenient connection for a powered subwoofer, and it even features a built-in 80Hz low-pass filter for passing only bass frequencies.
Standard 1-gang junction box and Decora-style wall plate required for installation.
- On-Q part # AU5010-WH
- Class D amplifier with 20 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (recommended for use with 8 ohm speakers)
- requires lyriQ High Performance Keypad Power Module for operation
- 16/4 speaker wire required for power connection to High Performance Keypad Power Module
- adjustable backlight levels with blue illumination
- IR sensor for use with On-Q universal remote
- connects to source distribution module via CAT-5 cable (RJ-45 jack input)
- summed-mono line-level output with 80Hz low-pass filter for powered subwoofer connection
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- White AU5010-WH high-performance keypad
- Decora wall plate (White)
- 2 Keypad mounting screws (length 3/4")
- 2 Wall plate mounting screws (length=1/4")
- Instruction/Installation Sheet (4 sheets/8 pages)
- Quick Start Guide
Overview: The lyriQ High Performance Keypad (AU5010-WH) is an in-wall controller for a Multi-room audio system. It has built-in amplification, and gives you the ability to select remote or local audio sources directly. The keypad fits into a 20 cubic-inch or larger single-gang box. An elegant white and silver Decora wall plate is included for trimming out the keypad.
Cat 5 Wiring: The AU5010 has an RJ-45 jack on the back, and uses Category 5 wiring to distribute the audio signals, control information, and IR for the remote control.
Amplifiers: The keypad is equipped two built-in 20-watt Class D amplifiers to power the speakers in the room. It has stereo speaker outputs with spring-loaded terminals that support up to 14-gauge wire (16/4 speaker wire is recommended since it is readily available paired with Cat 5 cable.)
Line Out: In addition to the speaker outs, the AU5010 has a 2-wire line output (spring-loaded terminals) for feeding audio signals to a powered subwoofer. The mono-summed output is filtered through an 80Hz low-pass filter.
Power: Two spring loaded terminals are supplied powering the keypad. Up to 14-gauge wire can be used for this purpose.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (±1 dB)
- External Power Input: +24-30 VDC
- Cat 5 Cable Rating: Cat 5 UTP, 4 pair solid conductor (24 AWG)
- IR Receive Frequency: 10 kHz - 110 kHz
- Output and Line Out Connections: 14-28 AWG Springcon Terminal Block
- Output Impedance: 8 ohms per channel (1 pair of speakers)
- Power Requirements: +24 VDC, +0/-6 VDC, 1500mA max
- Speaker Impedance Load: 6 Ω max
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.