Center channel speaker
- 3-way design
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter with waveguide
- 5" magnesium/aluminum midrange driver
- the tweeter and midrange use KEF's Uni-Q technology, which places the tweeter in the center of the midrange driver
- this specialized positioning creates a large listening "sweet spot" in your room
- dual 6-1/2" aluminum woofers
- frequency response: 60-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- bass-reflex cabinet with CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) rear-firing ports for accurate, musical bass
- nickel-plated binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- high-gloss piano black finish
- detachable magnetic cloth grille
- 24-13/16"W x 7-15/16"H x 13-1/4"D
- weight: 38 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 2 Foam port plugs
- Installation Manual
- Warranty Registration Card
Features and Specs
|Midrange size (inches)||5|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Frequency Response||60-28k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
3-Way Center Speaker: Featuring an all-new Uni-Q driver array and dual 6.5" low-frequency bass drivers, the 3-way KEF R600c Center loudspeaker delivers clarity and realism with flawless precision and superb dynamics. Its stylishly, uncluttered appearance beautifully complements its startling clear highs, fast and clean midrange response, and accurate low-end frequencies.
All New Uni-Q Driver Array: The R600c Center loudspeaker features KEF's all new Uni-Q driver array with a 1" aluminum dome tweeter mounted in the acoustic center of a 5" magnesium/aluminum midrange driver. With both the tweeter and midrange driver operating as a single-point-source, you'll hear detailed, accurate three-dimensional sound, which is dispersed more evenly throughout your room.
- 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter: At the center of the Uni-Q driver array is a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with KEF's tangerine waveguide to help disperse the higher frequencies evenly across a wider angle and flood the room with a natural soundfield. The tweeter's large neodymium magnet and a computer-optimized dome structure deliver articulate high frequencies with flawless precision. In addition venting the tweeter reduces pressure behind the dome, increasing midrange bandwidth and lowering distortion.
- 5" Magnesium/Aluminum Midrange Driver: Surrounding the 1" aluminum dome tweeter is a 5" magnesium/aluminum midrange driver. The R600c's midrange response is amazingly fast and clean, thanks to the braced magnesium/aluminum alloy cone, KEF's Z-flex surround smoothing the transition to the front-panel, and a sturdy die-cast aluminum chassis that prevents resonance from being transferred to the cabinet. In addition, large voice coils increase the driver's power handling and dynamics, reducing distortion and delivering exceptional vocal clarity.
Dual 6.5" Bass Drivers: In addition to the a Uni-Q driver array, the R600c Center loudspeaker also features two all-new 6.5" bass drivers for lower frequencies. The combination of a massive vented magnet assembly and a large, lightweight aluminum voice coil driving a light, stiff and strong hybrid aluminum cone assures clean, deep and uncompressed bass output with superb dynamics and power handling, plus fast and clean midrange response.
Computer Designed Crossover: The KEF R600c Center loudspeaker utilizes computer-designed crossovers (500Hz, 2.9kHz) that allow the level of each driver to be fine-tuned for a smoother, flatter response.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Port Design: Featuring a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) port design, the geometry of the bass reflex ports have been tuned to minimize turbulence at high levels, reducing noise and low frequency compression. Two ports are located on the rear of the speaker cabinet.
Note: Foam port plugs are included to insert into the rear-firing ports, if the bass is to "boomy" due to room placement.
Non-Resonant Cabinet: The R Series speaker cabinet employs constrained layer damping between the bracing and the enclosure walls and also the front-baffle, to prevent the cabinet from vibrating and radiating sound. The result is a non-resonant cabinet with no coloration. An acoustic transparent grille is also included which magnetically attaches to the front of the speaker cabinet.
Dual Binding Posts: On the rear of the speaker cabinet are dual sets of heavy-duty, nickel-plated binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). Plastic inserts must be removed from the binding posts to use banana plugs. Using the dual sets of binding posts, you can bi-wire or bi-amp the speaker.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high/mid frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high/mid & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: Unlike many other speakers with dual binding posts, the R Series loudspeaker does not use jumper straps or leads between the high frequency and low frequency terminals. Instead there are two dials (labeled "Link") for the positive and negative high and low frequency terminals which can be adjusted to either connect the high and low frequency terminals together to power the speaker off a single amplifier channel (default setting) or disconnect the high and low frequency terminals from one another in order to bi-amp the high and low frequency drivers separately.
Mounting & Placement Options: The KEF R600c can be used as a center channel speaker when mounted horizontally, or as a front left or front right speaker when positioned vertically. As a center channel speaker, the R600c should be centered below or above your television. It can be placed on a speaker stand, AV stand, shelf, tabletop, or other flat surface. The included self-adhesive rubber feet protect your furniture and add approximately 0.1875" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: There are no included brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to accommodate wall mounting.
R Series: The R Series features many of KEF's latest innovations in premium hi-fi and home theatre loudspeaker technology. Stunningly fluent Uni-Q driver arrays combine with potent new bass drivers and many ingenious refinements to create a rich, spacious, accurate sound. The R Series consists of a three floorstanding speakers (R500/R700/R900), two bookshelf speakers (R100/R300), two center speakers (R200c/R600c), and two surround speakers (R50 Dolby Atmos/R800ds Dipole) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: A KEF Kube series powered subwoofer (sold separately) is the perfect addition to the Q Series loudspeakers.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Center channel speaker$1,199.99 each
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-450C
Center channel speaker
Dynaudio Excite X24 Center
Center channel speaker$599.99 eachPrice Break, Save $250.00$849.99
Wharfedale Reva C
Center channel speaker$699.99 each