Olympus M. Zuiko 25mm f1.8
Wide-angle prime lens for Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other mirrorless cameras (Black)
Our take on the Olympus M. Zuiko 25mm f1.8 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
An ideal "walk around" lens for everyday shooting
Pop this fast, travel-friendly lens on your Olympus or other mirrorless camera, and prepare for a full day of taking crisp, accurate images of whatever inspires you — casual snapshots, street scenes, or passing landscapes. It's so small and lightweight you'll barely know it's there. Plus, this lens's large maximum f/1.8 aperture means it's a great choice for low-light shooting — whether that's Paris at night, or just indoors without a flash. It lets in plenty of light, so you won't get the overly dim or blurry photos you might see with other lenses. Plus, its smooth, quiet Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system excels at enabling you to gather excellent sound while capturing video.
- Olympus M. Zuiko 25mm 1.8 lens
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 50mm
- compatible with mirrorless cameras
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing
- minimum focus distance: 9.4 inches
- 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm for smooth-looking out-of-focus image ares
- constructed of 9 elements in 7 groups
- filter size: 46mm
- lens is 1-7/8" long, 2-5/16" in diameter
- weight: 4.8 oz.
- included accessories: front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and decoration ring
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- M.Zuiko Digital 25mm f1.8 lens (black)
- LC-46 front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 rear lens cap (installed)
- LH-49B Lens hood (black)
- Worldwide Warranty card
Olympus M. Zuiko 25mm f1.8 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The M. Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 prime lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount. It is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras, and has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm. The lens features all metal construction, and is ideal for use as an all-around lens for everyday photography.
MSC: This high-quality lens has a built-in MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) inner focusing mechanism for fast, quiet focusing, even while shooting movies.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the LH-49B lens hood which protects the lens and helps prevent lens flare caused by stray light entering the lens. When not in use, the lens hood can be reversed and mounted on the lens.
Note: Installing the lens hood requires first removing the decoration ring from the lens before screwing the lens hood on.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 25mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 50mm
- Maximum Aperture: F1.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Angle of View: 47°
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.12x
- Lens Construction: 9 elements in 7 groups (including 2 aspherical lenses)
- Focusing Range: 9.4" to infinity
- Diaphragm: 7 blade circular aperture diaphragm
- Filter Diameter: 46mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.281", Length=1.863" (2.137." w/lens caps)
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I needed a prime lens, and this one had the best reviews hands down. [ Steven Dec 30, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
It will fit any Panasonic or Olympus Micro 4/3 camera,be sure to update the E-PL1 body to the latest firmware version which may facilitate faster focusing. [ Lee Jun 10, 2015 ]