Digital wireless handheld microphone system
Our take on the Audio-Technica ATW-1102 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Audio-Technica began building wireless microphone systems in 1986, so they've become experts on the subject over the past decades. And they put all this experience to work in developing their System 10 Series wireless packages.
This ATW-1102 system features the ATW-R1100 receiver, which offers volume control along with Pair and Audio Frequency Peak indicator lights. This digital system operates in the 2.4 GHz band, far from any TV interference. The frequency band gives you quick channel selection and plenty of operating room, and you can use up to eight channels simultaneously
The ATW-T1002 handheld wireless microphone runs for over seven hours on two AA alkaline batteries. The mic/transmitter and receiver feature automatic frequency selection and instantaneous channel selection, sync, and setup, giving you an operating range of up to 100 feet (line of sight). This unidirectional dynamic mic is useful for anyone who wants a hands-free performance, from musicians to speakers. If you've ever wished that you didn't have to juggle a microphone while singing or speaking, the ATW-1102 system delivers professional-grade performance with the onstage freedom of a wireless mic.
- digital wireless microphone system for vocals
- includes ATW-R1100 receiver and ATW-T1002 handheld microphone/transmitter
- operating range: 100' (line of sight)
- transmitter automatically links to receiver
- transmitter operates for up to 7 hours on 2 AA batteries
- 2.4 GHz band operation
- frequency range: 20-20,000 Hz
- XLR and 1/4" output connections
- transmitter: 10"L x 2" diameter
- receiver: 7-1/2"W x 1.7/8"H x 5"D
- transmitter: 9-15/16 oz.
- receiver: 10-1/4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless receiver (ATW-R1100)
- Handheld dynamic unidirectional microphone/transmitter (ATW-T1002)
- Quiet-Flex stand clamp (AT8456a)
- AC power supply (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- Installation/Operation Manual
- Online Product Registration Card
Ryan, Mayfield, KY
Audio-Technica ATW-1102 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Digital Wireless System 10 (ATW-1102): This Audio-Technica Digital Wireless System 10 includes a wireless receiver (ATW-R1100), a handheld dynamic unidirectional microphone/transmitter (ATW-T1002), and a Quiet-Flex stand clamp (AT8456a).
24-Bit/48kHz Operation: Audio-Technica's System 10 is a digital high-fidelity wireless system designed to provide performing musicians and presenters with advanced 24-bit/48kHz operation for clear, natural sound quality and dependable performance.
2.4GHz Wireless Range: Operating in the 2.4 GHz range, far from TV and DTV interference, System 10 offers extremely easy operation and instantaneous channel selection. System 10 uses automatic frequency selection for seamless, interference-free operation. Up to eight channels may be used together without any frequency coordination problems or group selection issues. Typical wireless operating range is 100' without obstruction (may vary).
Note: Every time a receiver/transmitter pair is powered on, it automatically selects clear frequencies. Due to the dynamic nature of System 10 automatic frequency selection, these transmitting frequencies may change during power-up or performance if interference is encountered. These frequency changes occur at both the receiver and transmitter; they are seamless and imperceptible to the ear.
3 Level Diversity Assurance: System 10 wireless ensures clear communications by providing three levels of diversity assurance: frequency, time, and space.
- Frequency Diversity: Sends the signal on two dynamically allocated frequencies for interference-free communication.
- Time Diversity: Sends the signal in multiple time slots to maximize immunity to multi-path interference.
- Space Diversity: Uses two antennas on each transmitter and receiver to maximize signal integrity.
Wireless Receiver (ATW-R1100): The ATW-R1100 is a digital 2.4GHz wireless receiver. There are two audio outputs on the back panel - balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" output jacks with level control, plus AF Peak and Pair indicator lights. The dual antennas should be rotated in the shape of a "V" (both 45° from vertical) for best reception. The ATW-R1100 receiver includes a switching power supply that automatically adapts to changes in mains voltage. The ATW-R1100 receivers offer an easy-to-read digital ID display.
- Volume Level: Under typical operating conditions, the receiver's volume control should be turned all the way up, with overall system audio gain adjusted at the mixer or amplifier.
- LED Indicators: The AF Peak Indicator only lights when audio distortion is present at maximum modulation; not affected by position of Volume control. The Pair Indicator glows green to indicate presence of a paired transmitter; also blinks green to indicate pairing mode activated.
Note: For best operation the receiver should be at least 3' above the ground and at least 3' away from a wall or metal surface to minimize reflections. Keep the receiver antennas away from noise sources such as other digital equipment, microwave ovens, as well as away from large metal objects. Keep System 10 receiver 30' away from wireless access points. In multi-channel systems, position receivers at least 3' apart and keep operating transmitters at least 6' from the receivers to help assure maximum RF performance.
Handheld Dynamic Unidirectional Microphone/Transmitter (ATW-T1002):
The ATW-T1002 handheld transmitter features a
unidirectional dynamic microphone element. The ATW-T1002 operates off of two "AA" 1.5V alkaline batteries (not included) that should last approximately 7 hours. The mic/transmitter comes with a Quiet-Flex stand clamp (AT8456a).
- Input Level Adjustment: The input trim level control in the mic/transmitter enables you to maximize performance for a particular microphone or guitar sensitivity, or to adjust for different acoustic input levels.
- Mute/UnMute Function: With the mic/transmitter on, a slight touch of the Power/Mute button will toggle between muted and unmuted operation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.