Yuneec ProAction + CGO4
4K action camera with 3-axis gimbal mount and ProAction™ hand grip
Item # 959YUNPCUS | MFR # YUNPCUS
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Yuneec ProAction + CGO4 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A 4K camera with 3-axis gimbal for your Tornado drone
It takes a special camera to shoot smooth, crystal-clear 4K video from the air, and the Yuneec CGO4 is designed to do it very well. The CGO4 was created by Yuneec in collaboration with Panasonic, with a large Micro Four Thirds CMOS sensor that takes Ultra HD video and high-resolution 16-megapixel photographs with equal ease. The camera is mounted on a 3-axis gimbal that connects to the Yuneec Tornado H920 drone (not included) and keeps the camera steady while it's in flight. Remove the gimbal and camera assembly from your drone and attach it to the included ProAction hand grip to get equally sharp handheld video from ground level.
- 4K action camera with 3-axis gimbal mount that attaches to Yuneec Tornado H920 (not included)
- takes 16-megapixel still photos (including RAW format)
- 3X optical zoom lens
- camera can be remotely controlled with ST24 Personal Ground Station (not included)
- 8 camera modes let you adjust focus, exposure, white balance, ISO settings and more
- lightweight camera body allows for longer flight time
- gimbal and camera assembly can be attached to included ProAction™ mount for handheld shooting on the ground
- free app for Apple® and Android™ devices turns your smartphone into a remote control
- rechargeable battery included
- protective aluminum case included
- records to optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards rated Speed Class 10 or higher
Dimensions and Warranty:
- CGO4 Camera and Gimbal:
- 6-1/2"W x 8-5/8"H x 7-3/4"D
- weight: 2.6 lbs.
- ProAction Mount:
- 18-1/8"W x 17-1/2"H x 10-1/4"D
- weight: 3.3 lbs.
- warranty: 30 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- CGO4 camera
- Proaction ground-handle
- Battery pack
- Phone holder
- Power/ground leads
- 2 Keys
- 4 Thumb-screws
- 4 Rubber washers
- 4 Rubber dampters
- 4 Plastic spindels
- Aluminum case
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide
Yuneec ProAction + CGO4: The Yuneec ProAction + CGO4 kit includes a CGO4 gimbal camera, a ProAction ground handle, and an aluminum case.
CGO4 Gimbal Camera: Yuneec has developed the CGO4 gimbal camera in close cooperation with Panasonic to combine the best of Panasonic's camera quality and Yuneec's award-winning engineering. The CGO4 camera features a 3x optical zoom lens, 16 megapixel photos, 4K-resolution video and distortion-free picture quality. The zoom lens can be adjusted either by sliding the zoom picker on screen or pushing the K6 Slider to a certain position. The integrated 3-axis self-stabilizing gimbal, enables you to capture smooth and fluent photographs and video footage.
ProAction Ground Handle: The ProAction dual-grip ground handle allows you to use the CGO4 gimbal camera to capture ultra-stable footage even in the most turbulent circumstances. The ProAction ground handles features pitch control, allowing for precise camera angle control. The ProAction ground handle can be operated with two hands or one hand. There are two modes to control the mounted CGO4 Gimbal Camera through ProAction - Follow Mode & Global Mode.
- Follow Mode: In Follow Mode, the camera lens moves in the direction of ProAction Ground Handle. The user can only manipulate the pitch direction through Gimbal Control Stick on the right. If the Gimbal Control Stick moves upward, the camera lens will move itself up. If the Gimbal Control Stick moves downward, the camera lens will move itself down. In Follow Mode, the camera lens will move in the direction of the Gimbal. At this time, the Gimbal will take control of itself in the Yaw direction and the user can only control the Gimbal in the Pitch direction. The Yaw Axis inside the Gimbal will rotate in the direction of ProAction Frame. Any manipulation in the Yaw direction is invalid, in other words, the user can only control the Pitch direction.
- Global Mode: In Global Mode, the camera lens sticks to a fixed direction instead of following the movement of the ProAction Frame. The user can control the Yaw and Pitch Direction through Gimbal Control Stick. If the Gimbal Control Stick moves upward, the camera lens will trim itself up. If the Gimbal Control Stick moves downward, the camera lens will trim itself down. If the Gimbal Control Stick turns right, the camera lens will trim itself to the right. If the Gimbal Control Stick turns left, the camera lens will trim itself to the left.
CGO4 Smartphone App: Combined with the ProAction ground handle, the CGO4 app seamlessly integrates control of CGO4 gimbal camera so that you can view a live HD video feed on your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 4.1+ device. From the CGO4 app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device you get to control the exposure, adjust the sensitivity, set the white balance, manage the shutter time, and more.
Modular Design: The modular design allows the CGO4 gimbal camera to not only be attached to the included ProAction ground handle, but also Yuneec's Tornado H920 Hexacopter (sold separately). Compared to traditional DSLR cameras, the CGO4 gimbal camera enables a longer flight time on the Tornado H920 thanks to its lightweight design.
SD Card Slot: The camera records still-images (JPEG/RAW) and video (MP4/MOV) to a SD or SDHC memory card (up to 128GB). SD/SDHC memory card not included.
Camera Modes: The CGO4 gimbal camera has six camera modes in total, providing photographers with multiple choices for different shooting scenes.
- Intelligent Auto: The subjects are recorded using settings automatically selected by the camera.
- Intelligent Auto Plus: Allows you to adjust the brightness and color hue when in Intelligent Auto Mode.
- Program AE: The camera automatically sets the shutter speed and the aperture value according to the brightness of the subject.
- Aperture-Priority AE: The shutter speed is automatically determined by the aperture value you set.
- Shutter-Priority AE: The aperture value is automatically determined by the shutter speed you set.
- Manual Exposure: The exposure is adjusted by the aperture value and the shutter speed which are manually adjusted.
Normal & Burst Drive Modes: The Normal Drive mode takes only one picture when the shutter button is pressed. The Burst Drive Mode can take up to 12 pictures per second in succession while the shutter button is pressed.
Auto & Manual Focus: The CGO4 gimbal camera features Auto & Manual Focus modes. Auto Focus lets the camera automatically adjust focus on one center area of the screen or have on 49 different areas of the screen. Manual Focus lets you manually fix the focus - Angle Of View: Wide (f=14mm/75°) to Tele (f=42mm/29°); Focal Length: F= 14mm-42mm.
Photo Style: You can select effects to match the type of image you wish to record. You can adjust the color and image quality of the effects. Select from Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, or Portrait.
Advanced Camera Settings: The CGO4 gimbal camera offers a variety of advanced camera settings to make sure you get the shot you want.
- White Balance: In sunlight, under incandescent lights or in other such conditions where the color of white takes on a reddish or bluish tinge, the White Balance lets you adjust to the color of white which is closest to what is seen by the eye in accordance with light source. Choose between Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shad, or Halogen.
- Light Sensitivity (ISO): This allows the sensitivity to light (ISO sensitivity) to be set. Setting to a higher figure enables pictures to be taken even in dark places without the resulting pictures coming out. The camera's ISO sensitivity can be set to Auto, Intelligent ISO, /100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, or 25600.
- Exposure: Exposure Value (EV) is a number that represents a combination of camera's shutter speed and f-number. Use this function when you cannot achieve appropriate exposure due to the difference in brightness between the subject and the background. Exposure Compensation can be set to +/-5EV in 1/3EV steps for photography (+/-3EV for video).
- Aperture: If the photographer wants to highlight the background, set a relatively high aperture value; if the photographer wants a soft background, set a relatively low level. The maximum aperture can be set between F3.5 (wide) to F5.6 (tele). The minimum aperture is fixed at F22.
- Shutter Speed: If the photographer wants to capture fast-moving subjects, set a relatively high shutter speed; if the photographer wants to track-shooting, set a relatively low shutter speed. The shutter speed can be set to Bulb (Max. 60min) or 1/8000-60.
Light Metering: The photographer can set the light metering method for still for measuring brightness
- Multiple: This is the method in which the camera measures the most suitable exposure by judging the allocation of brightness on the whole screen automatically. Recommended method.
- Center Weighted: This is the method used to focus on the subject on the center of the screen and measure the whole screen evenly.
- Spot: This is the method to measure the subject in the spot metering target
Rechargeable Battery: The Yuneec ProAction ground handle & CGO4 gimbal camera are powered by a lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (2600mAh/14.4V/37.44Wh) that provides up to 2.5 hours of runtime.
Optional Ground Controller: Full remote control of the CGO4 gimbal camera is accessible through the ST24 interface (sold separately). With just a tap on the ST24 touchscreen, you can focus the camera wherever you like. Additionally, functions like zoom, IOS and shutter speed can be adjusted by tapping the icons located on the lower portion of the screen.
Optional Lenses: In addition to its industry-standard 3x optical zoom lens, the CGO4 gimbal camera is also compatible with the Olympus 12mm, Olympus 45mm prime lenses and Olympus 14-42mm zoom lens to meet photographers' needs. All lenses sold separately.
Aluminum Case: An aluminum case is provided for storage and transport of the CGO4 gimbal camera and ProAction ground handle system.
CGO4 Gimbal Camera:
- Width = 6.5"
- Height = 8.625"
- Depth = 7.75"
- Weight = 2.6 lbs
ProAction Ground Handle:
- Width = 18.125"
- Height = 17.5"
- Depth = 10.25"
- Weight = 3.3 lbs
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Sorry, no. It was made for use with the now discontinued Tornado H920 Hexacopter: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_9596021892/Yuneec-Tornado-H920-Hexacopter-RTF-Bundle.html?tp=69855 [ Ryan Oct 30, 2017 ] Staff