KRK ROKIT 5 G3
2-way powered studio monitor with 5" woofer and 1" tweeter
Our take on the KRK ROKIT 5 G3 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Add ROKIT power to your studio
Advanced engineering and solid construction give the ROKIT 5 G3 balanced, low-distortion sound to help accurately monitor your mix.
The ROKIT 5 G3 powered monitor might not cost a mint, but this compact powerhouse brings serious performance to your recording studio and impressive sonic accuracy to your mix. That's because the experts at KRK, one of the world's most respected makers of reference-quality studio monitors, know how to build 'em right. The ROKIT 5's 1" soft dome tweeter and lightweight 5" composite woofer provide smooth, extended highs, accurate mids for clear vocals, and tight bass.
This monitor's powerful bi-amped design features separate amplifiers for the tweeter and woofer to deliver plenty of output with exceptionally low distortion. A front-firing port extends low-frequency response while reducing boundary coupling, an effect that can cause overemphasis of certain bass frequencies when the monitor is placed near a wall or corner. The beveled, low-resonance enclosure and proprietary tweeter waveguide minimize cabinet diffraction to ensure precise, detailed imaging in your listening position. And a factory installed foam pad provides vibration isolation between the speaker and your desktop or console.
Controls and connections
KRK knows you don't always have control over the space you're working in, so they gave each ROKIT monitor fine-tuning capabilities to help you match its sound to your environment. The high-frequency level adjustment switch allows you to tailor the tweeter's output to suit your sonic preference. The low-frequency control lets you boost or cut bass to compensate for room acoustics, room size, and monitor position to maintain proper frequency response.
To keep you connected to the widest possible range of studio gear, each ROKIT monitor features an unbalanced RCA connector, as well as balanced 1/4" TRS and XLR connectors, so you're ready for anything.
- frequency response: 45-35,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- bi-amped design with separate class A/B woofer and tweeter amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- woofer amplifier power: 30 watts
- tweeter amplifier power: 20 watts
- 5" lightweight, Aramid-glass composite woofer for clear midrange and tight bass
- 1" soft dome tweeter with proprietary waveguide design for superior imaging
- designed for near-field monitoring
- peak SPL: 106 dB
- system volume control (-30 dB to +6 dB)
- low frequency level adjust switch (+2 dB, 0, -1 dB, -2 dB)
- high frequency adjust switch (+1 dB, 0, -1 dB -2 dB)
- balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs; unbalanced RCA input
- front-firing port design reduces boundary coupling for more placement flexibility
- MDF enclosure construction with black vinyl wrap finish
- factory installed foam pad on monitor base provides vibration isolation
- 7-7/16"W x 11-1/4"H x 9-3/4"D
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered studio monitor speaker
- 58" AC power cord
- User Guide
A great product product. I'm very satisfied with this professional quality product.
Roberto, Ponce, PR
KRK ROKIT 5 G3 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||5|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||0|
|Full range Driver size||0|
|Enclosure type||Bass Reflex|
|Built in amplifier||Y|
|RMS Power rating||50|
|Peak Power rating||Not given|
|Inputs||XLR, 1/4" TRS, RCA|
|Parts warranty||3 Years|
|Labor warranty||3 Years|
|Maximum Peak SPL||106|
Powered Near Field Studio Monitor: KRK's Rokit 5-G3 powered studio monitor offers professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback.
2-Way Speaker Design: The Rokit 5-G3 monitor features a two-way speaker design for vocal clarity and extended bass response.
- 1" Neodymium Soft-Dome Tweeter: The 1" Neodymium tweeter utilizes a silk soft-dome for detailed high frequency reproduction. The tweeter also employs Ferro fluid damping/cooling to control distortion and heat dissipation. The tweeter is recessed into a waveguide and coupled to the curved front baffle to optimize on and off-axis linearity resulting in excellent imaging and a wider sweet spot.
- Glass Aramid Composite Woofer: The Rokit 5-G3 features one 5" glass aramid composite midrange/midbass driver. Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid woofer cone for excellent transient response and accurate vocal reproduction.
Bi-Amplification: The proprietary bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offers large headroom and low distortion with SPL up to 106dB. The 50 watt amplifier provides 20 watts to the tweeter and 30 watts to the woofer.
Curved Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Rokit 5-G3 has a radically curved front surface which prevents the problems caused by traditional rectangular speakers. Rectangular speakers suffer from diffraction as sound waves leaving the edge of the cabinet are reflected back into the listening field causing phase distortion. The Rokit 5-G3 enclosure virtually eliminates diffraction and provides a wider, more natural sounding sweet spot. The Rokit 5-G3 also features a front-firing slotted port which is shaped to reduce port turbulence. This combination ensures clean and accurate bass performance, even at high SPLs, without coupling issues. The cabinet is made of reinforced MDF to prevent unwanted distortion cause by vibration.
Controls: The Rokit 5-G3 powered studio monitor speaker features volume and low/high frequency control.
- Volume: The input sensitivity is adjusted with the rear-panel mounted Volume control. Adjustment range is from -30dB to +6dB. Factory preset gain is +6dB.
- Low & High Frequency: The Rokit 5-G3 has both Low (-2 to +2dB) and High (-2 to +1dB) Frequency level controls. This feature provides specific adjustment of both ends of the frequency spectrum output most commonly affected by room acoustics. These controls ensure the most accurate mix for your particular room's acoustics.
Balanced & Unbalanced Inputs: The Rokit 5-G3 is fitted with dedicated balanced XLR and 1/4" Line inputs (10kΩ), as well as unbalanced RCA inputs (10kΩ).
Protection Circuitry: The Rokit 5-G3 features Thermal, Overload, and Clip protection circuitry to prevent damage.
Placement: The left and right studio monitors should be approximately 3-5' apart and directed at a 60-degree angle towards the listener's location. Measure the distance between the left and right studio monitors to make sure the listening position is equal distance to both sides. This will form an equilateral triangle. Its important that both left and right studio monitors are level matched. The speaker should be placed at ear level.
Note: Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
because is one of best speaker [ Lionel Jun 22, 2017 ]
Probably has the best reputation when it comes to studio speakers. i bought a pair and I am pleased and happy with the quality. [ Joel Jul 10, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
Thanks for your question. On the Crutchfield website if you go to the product page the user guide is located on the main page under "What's in the Box". You can view/download directly from that link. Hope this helps. [ Kenny Mar 13, 2017 ] Staff
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
KRK ROKIT 5 G3
2-way powered studio monitor with 5" woofer and 1" tweeter
JBL 305P MkII
2-way powered studio monitor with 5" woofer and 1" tweeter$129.00 each$20.00 Instant savings (ends 11/21)$149.00
KRK ROKIT 4 G3
2-way powered studio monitor with 4" woofer and 1" tweeter
KRK ROKIT 6 G3
2-way powered studio monitor with 6" woofer and 1" tweeter