Shure PGASTUDIOKIT4 Microphone Bundle
Four mics with XLR cables
Item # 183PGASTUD | MFR # PGASTUDIOKIT4
$299.99 Earn up to 300 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Shure PGASTUDIOKIT4 Microphone Bundle by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
If you're looking to step into the world of professional sound but need to watch your budget, check out Shure PG ALTA™ microphones. PG ALTA mics combine Shure engineering excellence, durability, and great sound. Best of all, you'll find a model for almost any application — studio, home recording, or live venue.
Ready for action!
Shure's PGASTUDIOKIT4 package includes four microphones that can handle a variety of recording situations.The PGA52 dynamic drum mic was designed for a kick drum or bass amp. You can use the PGA57 dynamic microphone to mic a snare drum or a guitar amp, while the two side-address PGA181 condenser microphones can be used to mic amplified or acoustic instruments, or even vocals. The package also includes four XLR cables and a sturdy carrying case for mic storage.
- 4-piece studio microphone set
- includes one PGA52 dynamic drum mic, one PGA57 dynamic instrument mic, and two PGA181 condenser side-address microphones
- frequency response: 50-12,000 Hz (PGA52), 50-15,000 Hz (PGA57), 50-20,000 Hz (PGA181)
- sensitivity: -55 dBV/Pa (PGA52), -56.5 dBV/Pa (PGA57), -38dBV/Pa (PGA181)
- output impedance: 150 ohms (PGA52), 150 ohms (PGA57), 120 ohms (PGA181)
- weight: 16 oz. (PGA52), 9.88 oz. (PGA57), 13.5 oz. (PGA181)
- male XLR connectors
- carrying case
- 3 mic clips
- four 15-foot mic cables (XLR-to-XLR)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 PGA181 Condenser microphones
- PGA52 Dynamic microphone (with integrated mic clip)
- PGA57 Dynamic microphone
- Four 15' microphone cables (XLR-F / XLR-M)
- 2 WA371 Microphone clips (for PGA181)
- A25D Microphone clip (for PGA57)
- Four 5/8"-to-3/8" thread adapters
- 4 Velcro cable ties
- Soft zippered carrying case
- User Guide
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
- Shure sticker
Features and Specs
|Application||For live & studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Shure PGA Studio Kit 4 is a four-piece microphone kit designed for use in the recording studio, but can be used for live performances, as well. All of the microphones are from the PG ALTA series of professional-quality microphones. The kit includes a drum microphone, and three multi-purpose instrument and vocal microphones. Four 15' XLR microphone cables are included, along with three mic clips, and a soft zippered carrying case.
Included Microphones: The PGA Studio Kit 4 includes the following microphones:
- PGA52: The PGA52 is a cardioid dynamic kick drum microphone, designed to deliver solid low-frequency performance for recording and performance applications. It features an integrated mic clip with a swivel joint and quick-release latch for quick angle adjustments.
- PGA57: The PGA57 is a cardioid dynamic microphone for amplified and acoustic instrument performance and recording. It comes with a microphone clip (A25D) for mounting on a stand.
- PGA181 (2): Two PGA181 microphones are included in the kit. These side-address cardioid condenser mics are ideal for vocals, as well as acoustic and amplified instruments. The PGA181 requires phantom power (+48V DC). Two microphone clips (WA371) are included.
Cardioid Pickup Pattern: All of the microphones in the PGA Studio Kit 4 have cardioid polar patterns for maximum gain before feedback, and excellent rejection of off-axis sound.
Connector: The microphones in the kit have 3-pin male XLR connectors.
Thread Adapters: Four 5/8"-to-3/8" thread adapters are included. These adapters allow the four included mic clips to be attached to mic stands with 3/8" threaded connectors.
|Frequency Response||50 Hz-12 kHz||50 Hz-15 kHz||50 Hz-20 kHz|
|Sensitivity (at 1kHz)||Open Circuit Voltage |
-55 dBV/Pa (1.75mV)
|Open Circuit Voltage |
-56.5 dBV/Pa (1.5mV)
|Open Circuit Voltage |
-38 dBV/Pa (12.7mV)
|Maximum SPL||N/A||N/A||138dB SPL|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 2.644" |
|Diameter: 1.909" |
|Shaft Diameter: 1.571" |
Head Diameter: 2.087"
|Weight||16.01 ounces||9.88 ounces||12.8 ounces|
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.