Infinity BassLink II
10" powered subwoofer with passive radiator
Item # 108BASSLN2 | MFR # BASSLINK II
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Infinity BassLink II by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
If you crave high-performance bass but don't have a lot of space, Infinity has a great solution the BassLink II car subwoofer. The engineers at Infinity used state-of-the-art technology to create this compact, powerful, and expandable amplified sub. Though it takes up just one cubic foot of trunk space, it'll produce resounding bass in any vehicle.
The BassLink II brings together a 10" square subwoofer and a specially designed 250-watt amplifier, and then adds a 10" square passive radiator (non-powered speaker) to increase efficiency. This inventive combination provides loud, clear bass in a fraction of the space taken up by conventional sub boxes.
An array of controls lets you tweak your bass for the kind of thump you want. The low-pass filter adjusts the range of frequencies amplified by the BassLink II, while a phase control ensures that the sub works with the speakers in your car, not against them. Raise or lower the bass impact with the bass boost feature, and control the level with the wired remote.
Mounting brackets allow you to install the rigid polymer box vertically or horizontally, so you'll be able to fit this compact enclosure almost anywhere. And you can connect this powered sub to any car system, even a factory radio.
The BassLink II is also expandable, with a port that allows easy connection of Infinity's 4sc multichannel amp module (sold separately). The module provides 50 watts of power to four channels plenty of clean power to drive the other speakers in your car.
- compact powered subwoofer
- 10" square woofer and passive radiator
- Class D 250-watt amplifier
- wired volume control with 16-1/4' cable
- variable low-pass crossover (50-120 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- bass boost (-6 dB to +3 dB at 40 Hz)
- phase control (0-180 degrees)
- frequency response: 20-120 Hz
- docking port for optional BassLink 4sc multichannel expansion module
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- vertical mounting dimensions (with mounting feet): 15"W x 15"H x 10-1/4"D; horizontal mounting dimensions (with mounting feet): 15"W x 9-3/4"H x 15-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Black amplified subwoofer with inserted 25-amp fuse
- Remote Bass Control module
- 16.25' Control cable (with RJ11 plugs on each end)
- Two 13' RCA stereo patch cords (one end has right angled plugs)
- Two 19.5' speaker-level input harnesses (each with 4-pin Molex plug on one end and tinned bare wire on the other end)
- 2 Silver metal mounting feet
- 4 Machine screws (for mounting feet)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=1-1/4")
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- Spare 25-amp fuse
- Warranty/registration card
I've had it for years look it up for friend was sad to see was discontinued. But I would buy it again.
Infinity BassLink II Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Enclosure Type||Passive Radiator|
|Connector Type||RCA/Speaker Lvl|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||250 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Product Overview: The Infinity BassLink II is a self-contained powered subwoofer system which includes a 10" square woofer and a 10" square passive radiator. It is powered by a 250-watt, Class D amplifier.
Square Drivers: The BassLink II is equipped with a square subwoofer and a square passive radiator. This design maximizes cone area for maximum bass output from a modestly sized housing.
Mounting System: The unit can be mounted vertically or horizontally, thanks to its unique mounting system. The dimensions are as follows:
- Vertical: Width=15", Height=15", Depth=10.243"
- Horizontal: Width=15", Height=9.75", Depth=15.125"
4-Channel Inputs: The BassLink II is equipped with four line-level RCA inputs and four speaker-level inputs. Any combination of line-level and speaker-level inputs can be used to provide non-fading bass when connected to a head unit with four outputs. Note: For head units with only one pair of RCA outputs, or with a dedicated subwoofer line output, you should connect the RCA cable to the front inputs.)
Remote Bass Level Control: You can control the volume of the BassLink II from the driver's seat when you connect the Remote Bass Level Control module. The module can be mounted under the dash, or disassembled and mounted in the dash for a factory appearance. The module comes with a 16-1/4' control cable. Dimensions: Width=1.621" (2.285" including screw tabs), Height=0.893", Depth=2.623" (including knob).
Front Panel Controls: The BassLink II features a power LED (glows blue when the unit is operational) on the front panel, and the following three rotary controls:
- Gain: The gain control should be used to adjust the volume of the BassLink II, relative to the other speakers in the vehicle.
- Low Pass Filter: The BassLink II is equipped with a 12dB per octave, 50-120Hz variable low pass filter.
- Bass Boost: To correct any perceived peak or dip in the bass response, you can adjust the 40Hz bass boost between -6dB to +3dB.
Right Side Connections/Controls: The unit's power and signal connection terminals are located behind a removable panel on the right side. The connections and controls are as follows:
- Speaker-Level Inputs (4-channels): Two 4-pin Molex connectors for the supplied speaker-level input harnesses (Input Sensitivity: 1V to 16V)
- Line Inputs (4-channels): Two pairs of female RCA jacks for the included patch cables (Input Sensitivity: 50mV to 4.0V)
- Auto Turn-On Switch: Activates the automatic turn-on circuit when using speaker-level inputs. Unit powers on when signal is detected, and turns off a short time after no longer receiving signal.
- Phase Switch: Reverses the output of the subwoofer with respect to its input. You should choose the position which results in the best bass.
- Servo LED: The LED glows blue when the subwoofer is at maximum excursion and the amplifier is modifying the output to maintain maximum performance. (If the LED glows constantly, the gain should be reduced.)
- Remote Bass Level Input: RJ-11 jack for connecting the remote bass level control
- Power Connections: Gold-plated screw terminals for +12V, Ground, and Remote turn on leads, 8 gauge wiring kit recommended (not included)
- Fuse: one 25-amp fuse
BassLink 4sc: The optional BassLink 4sc is a plug-and-play amplifier designed to allow you to easily upgrade your system. The BassLink 4sc slides into a slot on the BassLink II (covered by a 7-1/2" x 2-1/4" removable panel), and plugs into the two provided harness connectors, sharing the BassLink II's power and audio connection. Once connected, the BassLink 4sc delivers an additional 4 channels of power to drive the vehicle's front and rear speakers, plus ample bass from the BassLink II.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.