Behringer Powerplay P16-M
16-channel personal monitoring mixer
Item # 937P16M | MFR # P16M
$299.99 Earn up to 300 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Consult a pro audio advisor
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Behringer Powerplay P16-M by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
"Less them, more me"
I know from personal experience that balancing the sound in a stage monitor system from front-of-house position can be challenging at times — especially with fickle musicians who want to constantly fiddle with the mix. Behringer's Powerplay P16-M personal monitoring system gives musicians the power to mix their stage monitors the way they like and allows them to make as many adjustments as needed..
P16-M connection panel
16 channels in, stereo out
The P16-M digital mixer is designed to complement a Behringer XR18 or X32 Series mixer, connecting to its Ultranet jack via CAT5e cable. In the XR18 or X32 software, you can choose which 16 channels to send to the stage, then your intrepid musicians will take it from there. You can daisy-chain up to sixteen P16-M mixers together for those bands that require that much onstage monitor control. You can connect the mixer's outputs to a pair of powered stage wedges, to headphones, or to in-ear monitors for maximum control over a low-volume stage setup.
In addition to controlling the levelsof 16 different channels, the P16-M lets you adjust the tone of each channel with a 3-band EQ and the left-right balance with a pan knob. The onboard limiter ensures that no ears get damaged due to a mistaken adjustment or accidental feedback.
P16-M control surface
- 16-channel digital personal monitor mixer
- for use with Behringer XR18 and X32 Series mixers
- connects to mixer's Ultranet via Cat5e cable
- headphone and stereo line outputs
- MIDI input for remote digital control
- can link and group channels together
- pan, mute, and solo functions
- 3-band EQ with adjustable frequency on midrange
- dynamic limiter on output channels
- warranty: 3 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- P16-M personal mixer
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 12V 400mA)
- 15.5' CAT5e cable (RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- Quick Start Guide
- Global Care Information
- Behringer decal
Behringer Powerplay P16-M Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Channel EQ||3-band for monitor|
|Monitor outputs||1/4" (x2)|
Overview: The Behringer Powerplay P16-M is a 16-channel digital stereo mixer designed for use with personal in-ear monitor systems. It lets you create and control your own personal monitor mix from up to 16 channels of input. The P16-M also includes a 3-band EQ with mid-band frequency control, an output limiter, and a mono/stereo line output for external powered monitors. The P16-M comes with a 15.5' CAT5e cable and an AC adapter.
System Applications: The P16-M can be connected directly to the Behringer X Air XR18 or X32 digital mixer's Ultranet port with the included CAT5e cable. Multiple P16-Ms can be connected to a sound system through a Powerplay P16-I Audio Interface or a P16-D Ultranet Distributor (both sold separately). Using an optional P16-D, you can daisy-chain up to 48 P16M personal mixers.
Mixing: With the P16-M, you can select and adjust the volume for 16 separate input channels. In addition, you can pan the audio left to right, and adjust the EQ for each channel with the 3-band EQ.
Equalizer: The P16-M's equalizer has three bands, each with an adjustment of +/- 12dB. The bass band's center frequency is 100Hz, and the treble band's is 10kHz. The mid frequency is semi-parametric which allows you to set the center frequency between 100Hz and 10kHz.
Limiter: The P16-M's output control features an adjustable limiter that sets a maximum volume level to protect your ears and headphones.
MIDI Input: The mixer has a 5-pin MIDI In port that gives you real-time remote control of all channels by an external MIDI device.
Mounting: The P16-M can be mounted onto a microphone stand for easy on-stage access using an optional P16-MB mic stand mount (not included).
Warranty Terms: Behringer offers a 3-year warranty when you register your product within 90 calendar days of purchase. If the product is not properly registered, the warranty period is one year.
Connections: The Powerplay P16-M has the following connections:
- Phones: 1/4" TRS, stereo
- Line Out: Two 1/4" TS, unbalanced (L/Mono + R)
- MIDI In: 5-pin MIDI connector
- Ultranet: Two RJ-45 connectors -- In + Thru
- DC In: DC power port (12 VDC, 300mA)
- Link: Push button for combining adjacent mono channels into linked stereo pairs
- Group: Push button for grouping any selected mono or stereo-linked channels into one or more groups (which can be stored into user presets)
- Recall: Push button for loading up to 16 saved presets
- Store: Push button to save current settings to up to 16 presets
- Bass: Rotary control for adjusting bass +/- 12dB at 100 Hz
- Mid: Rotary control for adjusting selected mid frequency +/-
- Frequency: Rotary control for selecting mid frequency between 100Hz and 10kHz
- Treble: Rotary control for adjusting treble +/- 12dB at 10 kHz
- Limiter: Rotary control for setting the limiter threshold for the master output
- Level: Rotary control for setting the overall master output level
- Main: Push button for selecting the main stereo bus signal, which has its own settings for volume, balance, and equalization
- Solo: Push button for muting all channels except for the selected mono channel, stereo-linked pair, or group
- Mute: Push button for muting the selected channels or the main signal (full mute)
- Pan/Balance: Rotary control for adjusting the stereo placement of mono channels and the relative left-right balance of stereo-linked channels or the main stereo bus signal (has a balance meter)
- Volume: Rotary control for adjusting the mix level for selected mono, stereo-linked, groups, or the main stereo bus signal
- Channel Select Buttons 1-16: Sixteen individual push buttons that activate mono and stereo-linked channels and groups for individual mix adjustment and editing. Each channel button has red LEDs to indicate the channel is selected, and green LEDs that flicker when there is audio activity.
- Digital Processing: 24-bit, 44.1/48kHz sampling rate via a 24-bit Delta-Sigma A/D converter
- Signal: 16 channels, plus bus power
- Latency: <0.9ms (from P16-I to P16-M)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0, -3dB)
- Dynamic Range: 92 dB (typical)
- Headphone Output: -20 to +15 dBu
- Limiter: Ratio ∞:1
- Dimensions: Width 10.171", Height 2.122", Depth 5.083"
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I'm upgrading from an XR16 to an XR18 and a P16-M. Got tired of "navigating" and scrolling through an app to adjust my monitor mix on stage. The P16-M is as simple as pressing a button and turning a knob. No more navigating. I'm going to try to talk the other band members into getting them, too. [ Robert Sep 20, 2017 ]
Frequently Compared With
Behringer Powerplay P16-M
16-channel personal monitoring mixer
Behringer X Air XR12
12-channel remote-controlled digital mixer with Wi-Fi®
Behringer X Air XR16
16-channel remote-controlled digital mixer with Wi-Fi®$399.99
Behringer X Air XR18
18-channel remote-controlled digital mixer with Wi-Fi®