1/2-DIN Center Channel Speaker
Item # 020SRK5 | MFR # SRK5
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Clarion SRK5 by Crutchfield's Todd Cabell
Looking to add a center channel speaker to your mobile theater system, but can't find anywhere to install one? Clarion's SRK5 offers a unique in-dash solution. The SRK5 packs a 25-watt amplifier, five forward-firing 3/4" full-range speakers, and two internal 1" midbass speakers into a 1/2-DIN (1" tall) size unit!
This is an excellent multimedia option for vehicles with oversized dash openings (many Chrysler and GM vehicles) simply install the SRK5 above (or below) a DIN-sized receiver in your vehicle's 3" tall opening. You can also mount the speaker on any flat surface using the supplied brackets and self-tapping screws. You'll appreciate crisp, clear movie dialog, enhanced sound effects, and detailed highs. If you have a surround processor, 4 speakers, and a subwoofer, the SRK5 will allow you to experience the stunning force of 5.1 digital surround sound in the comfort of your vehicle. You may never watch another movie at home again!
- five 3/4" full-range speakers
- two 1" midbass speakers (isolated internally) with front ports
- speakers handle 25 watts RMS/50 watts peak power
- amplifier produces 25 watts RMS/50 watts peak
- frequency response 200-29,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio 70 dB
- RCA line level input
- variable output level control
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Center channel speaker with attached 7.5' speaker wire
- Center channel amplifier
- 2 Metal mounting brackets
- Eight 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 1/4" self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide
- Warranty card
Clarion SRK5 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The SRK5 features a 25-watt amplifier, five forward-firing 3/4" full-range speakers, and two internal 1" midbass speakers in a 1/2-DIN size chassis. This compact design allows the SRK5 to be installed into virtually any 1/2-DIN dash opening.
Connections: The center channel speaker has attached 7.5' speaker leads that connect to the 58" speaker leads on the center channel amplifier. The center channel amplifier also has the following connections: 57" power lead (has an in-line 3-amp fuse and fuse holder), 57" remote turn-on lead, 3' ground lead, and a single RCA input on a 4" lead.
Mounting: The SRK5 can be installed into a 1/2-DIN dash opening, or, using the supplied brackets, the SRK5 can be mounted on any flat surface. The center channel amplifier has 4 integrated mounting tabs, allowing it to also be mounted on any flat surface using the supplied self-tapping screws.
Center Channel Amplifier:
- Continuous Power Output: 25 watts (1kHz, into 4 ohms at 1% THD)
- Peak Power Output: 50 watts
- Distortion: 0.1% at 1.0W 1kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 70dB
- Input Sensitivity: 200mV to 4V
- Frequency Response: 200Hz to 29kHz
Center Channel Speaker:
- Peak Power Input: 50 watts
- Continuous Power Input: 25 watts
- Center Channel Speaker: W=6.788", H=0.991", D=7.012"
- Center Channel Amplifier: W=6.182", H=1.345", D=4.433"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.