Sony SRS HG1 h.ear go
Portable wireless speaker with Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® (Lime Yellow)
From Sony: SRS HG1 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Item # 158SRSHG1Y | MFR # SRSHG1/YeL
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony SRS HG1 h.ear go by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Now you can be serious about sound quality and show your fun-loving side, too. The Sony SRS HG1 h.ear go portable wireless speaker comes in a variety of bright, vibrant colors to complement your style. But when it comes to music, the h.ear go is all business. The speaker can play high-resolution audio streamed via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and deliver it with clear, detailed sound.
High-res Bluetooth® streaming
Stream from virtually any smartphone, tablet, or laptop via Bluetooth to the h.ear go and enjoy clean, clear sound. And the h.ear go comes with built-in LDAC Hi-Fidelity technology for high-resolution Bluetooth streaming. That means you can stream from a compatible LDAC-enabled device, such as the Sony NW-ZX2BLK Hi-Res Walkman and hear all the rich detail of in the high-resolution audio files.
Multi-room audio with Sony's SongPal app
With Sony's free SongPal app downloaded to your smartphone, you can make your h.ear go part of a Sony multi-room audio system at home. Remotely control your h.ear go and other compatible Sony speakers on your home Wi-Fi network. You can group your connected speakers so that the same song plays throughout the house, or only certain speakers play it. Or or even have every speaker accessing a different source and playing a different song.
Entertainment options with SongPal
The SongPal app makes it easy to select music from a variety of sources. If you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, you can wirelessly access all of your favorite playlists and albums. Google Cast (now called Chromecast built-in) lets you stream audio over Wi-Fi from a range of compatible apps on compatible mobile devices. And you can easily access popular online music services such as Pandora®, Deezer, and TuneIn Radio.
The h.ear go is DLNA-compatible, so you can access your digital music library on your PC or server, using the SongPal app. And that includes high-resolution audio files, such as those available through HDtracks.
Made for portable listening
The h.ear go is light and compact enough to be easily carried with one hand — or in a bag or backpack. And the speaker's built-in rechargeable battery can deliver up to twelve hours of continuous operation.
- Wi-Fi connection for playing music stored your phone, tablet, or computer
- Bluetooth-compatible with LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming
- Bluetooth wireless range: up to 98.5 feet
- DLNA for streaming music from Android smartphones, tablets, and compatible PCs
- two 1-3/8" full-range speakers with passive bass radiator
- free Sony SongPal app:
- available from Apple® Store and Google Play
- features Google Cast for audio streaming over Wi-Fi with compatible devices and apps
- control playback, volume, and EQ
- connect to compatible Sony wireless speakers and components
- remotely access music stored on your PC or NAS drive
- access streaming music services such as Pandora, Spotify, Deezer, and TuneIn Radio.
- group linked speakers to play the same song simultaneously, or control each individually
- NFC touch pairing with compatible Android phones
- DSEE HX and ClearAudio+ sound modes for restoring compressed music
- S-Master® HX amplification offers accurate, detailed playback of high-resolution music files
- AC adapter and USB charging cable
- stereo minijack auxiliary input for portable devices
- built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of playback
- 8-1/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 2-5/16"D
- weight: 1.74 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Portable active wireless speaker
- Grille (installed)
- USB/AC power adapter
- 20" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Help Guide
- Software Update Information
- "About sound setting on this unit" note
- "Charging" note
- Warranty Information
- End User License Agreement
Sounds great. Perfect for what I was looking for. Large sounds coming from a small box. Clarity is top notch for a portable speaker
Anonymous, Blue Bell, PA
Sony SRS HG1 h.ear go Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Passive Radiator Design: The Sony SRS-HG1 wireless speaker system features two 1.25" full-range drivers powered by a built-in S-Master HX digital amplifier for clear highs and detailed midrange. Dual oval passive radiators extend and enhance the bass response of the speaker for deeper midbass.
Sony Audio Technologies: The SRS-HG1 incorporates three Sony-unique audio technologies for high-resolution audio playback and to revitalize your favorite compressed digital music tracks.
- S-Master HX Digital Amplifier Technology: S-Master HX digital amp technology, developed for high-resolution audio, reduces distortion and noise across a wide frequency range for rich, full-bodied sound.
- DSEE HX: DSEE-HX enhances high-frequency audio response and upscales existing audio signals from MP3, AAC, and WMA music file to high-resolution levels (available through Sony SongPal app for Apple iOS and Android).
- ClearAudio+: ClearAudio+ renders a vibrant soundfield with immersive bass, full mids, and pronounced highs for all your music tracks (available through Sony SongPal app for Apple iOS and Android).
Sound Modes: The following sound settings are available via the SongPal application on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- Flat: Good balanced sound that is suitable for playing back high-resolution audio files the way the artist intended.
- Extra Bass: Deep bass sound are emphasized for highlighting deep bass sounds of dance & pop music.
- Outdoor: The loudness of the audio emphasized for playing back music files at louder volumes.
- BGM: Good balance in low and midrange frequencies that is suitable for playing back music files at lower volumes.
- Custom: Lets you manually adjust the speakers Bass & Treble.
192kHz/24-bit High-Resolution Audio Playback: The Sony SRS-HG1 speaker system supports a wide variety of compressed, uncompressed, and high resolution music files (up to 192kHz/24-bit).
- Compressed Music Files:
- MP3 with a sampling frequency of 32/44.1/48 kHz and a bit-rate of 16-320 kbps
- WMA with a sampling frequency of 32/44.1/48 kHz and a bit-rate of 16-320 kbps
- AAC with a sampling frequency of 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz and a bit-rate of 16-320 kbps
- High Res Music Files:
- WAV (PCM) with sampling frequency of 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz and bit-depth of 16/24-bit
- FLAC with sampling frequency of 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz and bit-depth of 16/24-bit
- AIFF with sampling frequency of 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz and bit-depth of 16/24-bit
- ALAC with sampling frequency of 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz and bit-depth of 16/24-bit
- DSD with a sampling rate of 2.8/5.6 MHz and bit-depth of 1-bit
Wireless Stereo Pair: You can pair two Sony SRS-HG1 speakers together to create a wider, stereo soundstage. A firmware update (version 3.00) may be necessary for the Wireless Stereo function.
Wireless Surround: You can pair two Sony SRS-HG1 speakers together with a compatible Sony soundbar (HT-CT790) or receiver (STR-DN1070) for wireless rear surround. A firmware update to the speakers, and the soundbar or receiver may be necessary.
Aux Input: In addition to Bluetooth and Network connectivity, the Sony SRS-HG1 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Wireless Network Connectivity: The Sony SRS-HG1 features built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) receiver that allows you to connect the speaker system to your home network via a wireless connection. By connecting the system to your home network you are able to stream select online music services and internet radio from Google Cast, as well as access music files on your DLNA music server or Windows PC. A WiFi network connection can be configured using your computer, Sony's SongPal app, an Apple iOS device, or WPS (WiFi Protected Setup).
Chromecast Built-in: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 2.3+) smartphone tablet, Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the Sony wireless speaker system and your speakers. Chromecast Built-in certified apps include Google Play Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and more (click here for a complete list of compatible apps). Chromecast Built-in streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your phone, so you won't lose any sound quality. Additional Chromecast Built-in features include:
- Simple-to-Use: Chromecast Built-in allows you to search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system or draining your battery. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast Built-in compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast Built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase the Google Home Wireless Speaker (8064658762, sold separately) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The Sony SRS-HG1 & the Google Home Speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Spotify Connect: With the Spotify app on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those same songs from your smartphone to the Sony SRS-HG1 by using Spotify Connect; simply hit play on the app to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening to Spotify on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately begins to stream to the speaker system for uninterrupted music enjoyment. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music. The Spotify app for Apple iOS/Android devices and a premium account are required.
DLNA: The Sony SRS-HG1 speaker system is DLNA certified. By connecting the Sony SRS-HG1 to your home's network, you can wirelessly listen to music stored on your Windows Vista/7/8 PC or a DLNA (ver.1.5) compatible media server. Compatible music formats include MP3/WMA/AAC (32-48kHz; 16-320kbps) and WAV/FLAC/ALAC/AIFF (32-192kHz; 16/24-bit).
USB-DAC: The SRS-HG1's rear-panel microUSB port and included microUSB-to-USB cable lets you stream 192kHz/24-bit high-resolution music directly from your Windows PC, Mac computer, or Sony Walkman to the speaker system. Compatible computers include Windows Vista/7/8 and Mac OS X 10.6+. To play high-resolution audio format files on your Windows PC with the speaker, you need to download and install Sony's "Media Go" and "Hi-Res Audio Player" software to your Windows PC. You'll only need to download the "Hi-Res Audio Player" software to your Mac computer. Supported audio formats include PCM (44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz; 16/24/32-bit) and DSD (188.8.131.52 MHz; 1-bit).
Note: The microUSB port does not support Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android smartphone/tablets.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Sony SRS-HG1 features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.0) with support for A2DP wireless audio streaming and multiple audio codecs like LDAC, AAC, and SBC.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, or Mac computer to the Sony SRS-HG1 speaker system. The speaker automatically selects the optimum compatible codec for your Bluetooth device so you can enjoy high-grade wireless sound. You'll continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for music navigation and song/artist information display.
- LDAC Codec Support: In addition to support for Bluetooth standard SBC codec and Apple's AAC codec, the speaker system also supports Sony's newest LDAC codec. LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The Sony SRS-HG1 speaker system also supports Bluetooth profile HFP (Hands-Free Profile) and includes a built-in microphone, so you can use the SRS-HG1 as a speakerphone.
- Answer/End: You are able to answer and end phone calls from the unit's top-panel controls. When there is an incoming call, your music will paused. Once you answer the call, the caller is heard through the SRS-HG1 speaker system, while you talk into the unit's built-in microphone.
- Voice Dialing: You can also make a call by using the voice command function of your phone and the built-in mic of the SRS-HG1. You will continue to use your Bluetooth smartphone device to manually enter a phone number and control advanced phone functions.
Pairing: The speaker system also offers Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) and Near Field Communication (NFC). Once paired, the speaker system will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33'). The unit can pair with up to 9 devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time.
- Simple Secure Pairing (SSP: The SRS-HG1 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices with a single press of a button thanks to SSP (Simple Secure Pairing); there is no PIN to enter.
- Near Field Communication (NFC): The SRS-HG1 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices (up to 9) with a single press of a button thanks to SSP (Simple Secure Pairing). Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 2.3.3 or later) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the NFC logo on the speaker and they're paired. NFC Easy Connect app is needed for your Android device, unless you have Android OS 4.1 or later installed.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony SRS-HG1 system.
SongPal Remote App: By downloading Sony's free SongPal remote app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play), you can use your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android (4.0.3+) device to control the Sony SRS-HG1 speaker system via a WiFi network connection. From the SongPal remote app, you can select music sources and customize sound settings of the speaker system. You'll be able to browse music stored on your DLNA music server or connected USB device. You can also access the system's GoogleCast online music services. The SongPal app will display song/artist information and album art on your compatible smartphone or tablet. The SongPal app also provides WiFi connection setup for the SRS-HG1 system from your smartphone.
SongPal Link: Use SongPal Link to group selected Sony soundbars and speakers together to stream the same or different music content to multiple rooms of your home or office. Choose from online music services, Apple iOS/Android devices, Windows/Mac computers, or your DLNA network. This feature requires the SongPal Remote App on your Apple iOS or Android device, plus at least a 2.4Ghz wireless band on your wireless router. For a better experience, Sony recommends configuring your wireless band router to a 5Ghz wireless band.
Top-Panel Controls: The Sony SRS-HG1 speaker features top-panel controls for easy access to Power, Volume Extra Bass, and Speakerphone functions.
Rechargeable Battery: The Sony SRS-HG1 features a rechargeable battery that can provide up to 16 hours of playback. A USB/AC power adapter and microUSB-to-USB cable is provided for charging. You will need to charge the battery for at least 1 hour before using the SRS-HG1 for the first time.
Auto Standby Mode: The SRS-HG1 automatically enters the Standby mode, if the speaker does not sense an audio signal or there is no operation of the speaker for more than 15 minutes.
Software/Firmware Updates: You can update to the latest software version of the SRS-HG1 through its wireless network connection.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I owned one unit and wanted to make a stereo pair [ David Mar 11, 2017 ]
because it had google cast and a rechargeable battery [ Jonathan Aug 11, 2016 ]
I chose the Sony SRS HG1 h.ear go because of the WiFi connectivity, a bluetooth range of over 98 feet(!), the ability to pair another speaker, and an upcoming firmware upgrade that will make that pairing able to support L-R stereo. My thanks to Ryan in his online chat guidance! Ryan's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Tim Jun 11, 2016 ]
Great product use on the bass boat [ Chadwick Jul 05, 2017 ]
2 questions already asked
I don't know [ Robert Jun 13, 2016 ]
Yes, the Sony supports Google Cast Audio: "Google Cast Audio: Google Cast Audio, the same technology behind Chromecast, lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 2.3+) smartphone tablet, Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the Sony wireless speaker system and your speakers. Google Cast Audio certified apps include Google Play Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and more. Google Cast Audio streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your phone, so you won't lose any sound quality." The Sony also supports Spotify Connect: "Spotify Connect: With the Spotify app on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those same songs from your smartphone to the Sony SRS-HG1 by using Spotify Connect; simply hit play on the app to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening to Spotify on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately begins to stream to the speaker system for uninterrupted music enjoyment. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music. The Spotify app for Apple iOS/Android devices and a premium account are required." So, if you have two of these speakers, you can Google Case to one and SPoitfy Connect to the other at the same time, yes. You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the speaker's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table. I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Jun 20, 2016 ] Staff