Parrot Mambo Fly Drone
Compact, maneuverable mini drone
Our take on the Parrot Mambo Fly Drone by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Parrot Mambo Fly offers a bird's-eye view for selfies.
A fast, versatile drone
The Parrot Mambo Fly is a great all-purpose drone. It's fast and maneuverable enough for racing, and stable enough to take beautiful selfies with the built-in camera.
Learn as you go with three distinct flight modes
When you first get your Mambo in the air, you might want to work in Easy mode, which keeps the drone stable and airborne even if you release the controls.
As you get more comfortable, try Drift mode, which turns off horizontal stabilization so you can make acrobatic maneuvers.
Finally, when you're feeling like an expert and ready to compete, enjoy the thrilling, full manual control of Racing mode.
Share your exploits
The FreeFlight Mini app gives you direct control over your drone's settings and lets you review and share photos with friends and family.
- lightweight, maneuverable quadcopter racing drone
- change settings and review video with the FreeFlight Mini app
- three flying modes: Easy, Drift, and Racing
- integrated 60 fps camera lets you snap selfies from the drone's point of view
- two bright, built-in LED lights for night flying
- powered by rechargeable battery
- flight time: up to 9 minutes
- 7-1/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 7-1/8"D
- weight: 2.2 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Aerial minidrone
- Rechargeable battery
- 4 Hulls (pre-installed)
- 19' microUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Decal stickers
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
The product appears to be well built relative to its low cost.
Anonymous, Howell, MI
Parrot Mambo Fly Drone Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Stabilization Sensors & Flight Control Software: Thanks to an advanced flight controller and powerful sensors, the Parrot Mambo Fly minidrone is easy to fly both indoors and outdoors. A 3-axis accelerometer and a 3-axis gyroscope measure and analyze each movement or inclination of the drone and, thanks to the built-in Autopilot, rectify the position of the minidrone. An ultrasound sensor analyzes the flight altitude up to 13'. A pressure sensor controls the minidrone in altitude beyond 13'. In addition, you can activate the "cut-out system" and the minidrone's motors will shut down in case of an impact.
Airborne Acrobatics: The Parrot Mambo Fly minidrone can perform flips with amazing fluidity and stability. A finger "swipe" on the piloting screen of the FreeFlight Mini app turns the minidrone 90 or 180 degrees in a flash. It can also perform acrobatic 360 degree forward and backward flips.
Indoor or Outdoor: The Parrot Mambo Fly minidrone is sturdy and shock resistant, and be flown both indoors or outdoors. The minidrone is equipped with a removable polyamide hull to protect the propellers. Designed for safe flying, the minidrone is outfitted with a propeller circuit-breaker in case of collision.
Built-in 60fps Camera: The Parrot Mambo Fly minidrone is equipped with a built-in 60fps camera (downward facing) that lets you take photos and selfies while you fly the minidrone. Your photos are automatically stored on your Bluetooth connected Apple iOS or Android device through the FreeFlight Mini App.
FreeFlight Mini App: You'll need the FreeFlight Mini app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ & Android OS 4.3+) to pilot the Parrot Mambo Fly from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. Your mobile device must also support Bluetooth 4.0 and will need to be paired with the minidrone via Bluetooth for a wireless range of up to 65' (20m). The FreeFlight Mini app uses your mobile devices built-in accelerometer and an on-screen virtual joystick to control the Parrot Mambo Fly minidrone.
Optional Flypad Controller: The Parrot Flypad controller (333FLYPAD, sold separately) gives you precise wireless control of the Parrot Mambo Fly minidrone and allows you to pilot it over a distance of up to 328' (100m) via Bluetooth 4.0.
- Smartphone Mount: The included smartphone mount allows you to attach your Apple iOS or Android device to the Flypad controller. By doing this, you can use the Flypad to pilot your Parrot minidrone and use the FreeFlight Mini app on your compatible Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.3+ device to check flight and battery status. The cradle will fit mobile devices up to 3.125" (w) and 0.4375" thick.
- Rechargeable Battery: The Flypad is powered by a rechargeable LiPo battery (200mAh) that can last up to 6 hours. Charging time is approximately 2 hours (charger not included).
Optional Accessories: The Mambo Fly's patented Smart Block system allows you to connect Parrot accessories to the minidrone. You can attach Parrot's Cannon, Grabber or FPV camera (all sold separately) to the Mambo Fly minidrone.
Rechargeable Battery: The Parrot Mambo Fly comes with a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (550mAH) that can last up to 9 minutes. A microUSB-to-USB cable is supplied to charge the battery from a free USB port on your computer; the battery will remain in the minidrone while charging. It takes approximately 90 minutes to fully charge the battery. You can purchase Parrot's 2.6A Charger (333MINCHAR, sod separately) for a much quicker charge time of about 30 minutes; the battery is removed from the minidrone for charging. Extra batteries (333MINIBAT, sold separately) are also available.
Firmware & Software Updates: There are two ways to update the Parrot Mambo Fly with newer firmware & software.
- App: Via the FreeFlight3 app on your Apple iOS or Android device, and pressing the "Updates" button. Your mobile device must be connected to the Internet.
- USB: Connect the minidrone to your computer via USB and downloading the update file from the Parrot website. Make sure the minidrone has a fully charged battery.
Flight Pattern Warning: The Parrot minidrone is a remote control model aircraft designed only for entertainment purposes only. Please fly responsibly. Do not fly your Parrot minidrone over any populated area, such as beaches, others people's backyards, heavily populated parks, professional or collegiate sports events, or over gathering of animals. Absolutely, do not fly near an airfield. If you want to fly your Parrot minidrone in any populated area or near an air field, do contact your local aerial authority to get the appropriate authorization.
Note: Please be aware that there may be federal, state, and/or local laws or regulations restricting the use of this drone in certain areas. Click here for more rules and regulations regarding drones.
Recordings Warning: Recording and circulating an image of an individual may constitute an infringement of their image and privacy for which you could be liable. Ask for authorization before filming individuals, particularly if you want to keep your recordings and/or circulate images on the Internet or any other medium. Do not circulate a degrading image or one which could undermine the reputation or dignity of an individual. The use of the Parrot minidrone for surveillance or espionage is strictly forbidden and could result in your prosecution under the law. Check that your use of the cameras on board the Parrot drone complies with the legal provisions on the protection of privacy.
Product Warranty: Parrot warrants that the Parrot minidrone will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12-months from the initial date of purchase upon presentation of proof of purchase to the retailer or to Parrot (including the date and place of purchase, product serial number). Return to retailer is not applicable in the USA - return shall be made to Parrot only. During the contractual warranty period, any defective product should be returned in its original packaging to Parrot's after-sales service. After inspection of the product, Parrot will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace the defective part or product, excluding any other indemnification of any nature. Parrot's warranty does not cover:
- defects due to damage caused by an accidental collision, fall, or abnormal use
- defects caused by any reason other than a defect in material, workmanship, and craftsmanship
- defects cause by customization of product by the end-user
- defects caused by repairs carried out by the end-user or an unauthorized 3rd party, except spare parts provided by Parrot
- defects due to the use of spare parts not provided by Parrot in the original packaging
- defects due to the fact that spare parts have been installed without following the recommendations and instructions provided by Parrot at www.parrot.com or if the Parrot Bebop Drone has been customized by the end-user;
- loss of charge time by rechargeable battery over time does not constitute a defect in material or workmanship
Note: If upon technical tests being carried out any product is found non defective we reserve the right to return such product to the sender at the sender's cost and to levy a charge to cover Parrot's technical test fees. Upon expiration of the 12-month warranty period or if the defect is not covered by the warranty, any defective product can be returned to Parrot's after-sales service in order to be repaired or for a defective part to be replaced at the sender's costs. Repair will be carried out only after acceptance of the corresponding quotation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
fun and time with my kids [ philip Jun 26, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
It can last up to 9 minutes. Extra batteries are available too. Here they are: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_333MINIBAT/item.html My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Dec 20, 2017 ] Staff