Denon AVR-X6300H IN-Command
11.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X, and HEOS
| Watch a product review |
Crutchfield: Denon X-Series A/V receivers
Crutchfield: Using a compatible receiver with Denon HEOS wireless multi-room audio
Item # 033AVX6300 | MFR # AVR-X6300H
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Denon AVR-X6300H IN-Command by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Denon goes to eleven
With massive power for an impressive eleven channels, the Denon AVR-X6300H gives you super-flexible home theater and multi-room options, on top of the most immersive video and sound available. This beast of a receiver works perfectly with the latest 4K TVs and Blu-ray players. It even upscales HD and standard definition video to 4K. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X deliver realistic, multidimensional surround sound that puts you in the middle of the action. Stream music from different sources and enjoy high-resolution music in your living room, or in any room of your house thanks to built-in HEOS technology.
Set up a wireless whole-home audio system with HEOS
With built-in HEOS technology, the AVR-X6300H can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms, and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and Tidal, just to name a few.
Multi-zone music and video
The AVR-X6300H's eleven-channel amplifier gives you extra flexibility to expand your system into other rooms of your house. In your living room, you can have up to a nine-channel surround sound system, or 7.1.2-channel Atmos system, and you'll still have two leftover amplifier channels you can reassign to power a set of speakers outdoors or in another room. If you're happy using fewer channels in your home theater, this receiver can power speakers in two additional zones. Or the extra height channels can be used to bi-amp a pair of compatible front speakers for more powerful sound. A "Zone 2" HDMI output lets you watch video from two separate sources in your living room and a second room.
A world of music at your fingertips
The AVR-X6300H's Wi-Fi lets you access your own digital music library through your home network, and Bluetooth lets you stream anything you like from your phone or tablet. Tune into internet radio stations from around the world with vTuner, or play custom content with Pandora®, Spotify® Connect, or SiriusXM. This powerful receiver even offers convenient playback of several different high-resolution audio formats through the front-panel USB port or a networked computer. Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer boosts the sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files, so you get the best sound from any music source you choose.
Power and Processing:
- 11-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound; supports 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, and 7.1.4 configurations
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- Auro-3D® ready decoder for creating three-dimensional soundfields with Auro-3D soundtrack mixes and a 10.1-channel speaker configuration (requires a paid firmware upgrade for activation)
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ XT32 advanced auto setup and room calibration uses high-resolution digital processing filters to deliver balanced, dynamic sound to as many as 8 listening positions (expandable to 32 with a professional installer)
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM, and free internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- front-panel USB input for connecting a USB memory device
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- three-room/three-source output
- powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- amp assign feature lets you reassign extra surround channels to second and third zones
- line-level outputs for Zones 2 and 3 for use with additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers
- independent HDMI outputs for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- supports 2nd/3rd zone playback of digital sources (audio from HDMI sources is limited to Zones 1 and 2)
- component and composite video outputs can be assigned to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- monoblock design separates circuitry for the left and right channels
- Denon custom-made high current transistors and power transformer offer robust power and clean sound
- bi-amp compatible front left and right speakers by reassigning height channels
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (Zone 2)
- composite video switching: 5 in, 2 out (includes 1 front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 7 analog stereo RCA audio inputs (includes 1 pair of front-panel inputs)
- phono input for connecting a turntable
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port
- Denon Link HD creates a jitter-free connection to compatible Denon Blu-ray players; requires HDMI connection and proprietary Denon Link RCA-style cable
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R)
- RS-232C port for use with external controllers
- IR in/out and 12-volt triggers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- removable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Denon AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- 4 quick select function buttons for one-touch power-up, source selection and recall of volume and Audyssey configuration
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- support for third-party control systems by Control4 and Crestron for home automation
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- built-in HD Radio™ tuner
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 6-5/8"H x 15-1/8"D
- weight: 31.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 11.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-1211)
- Two "AA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on Radio
- "Firmware Update" note
- Warranty Information (US/CA)
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- "DTS:X Update" instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- HEOS brochure
- Extended Protection Plan offer
Very impressed with the sound quality and features of this Denon Home Theater Receiver. The only issue is how hot it runs, but I found a great solution with a cooling fan, the Aircom S7.
Thomas, Coconut Creek, FL
Denon AVR-X6300H IN-Command Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Monolithic Amplifier Design: The Denon AVR-X6300H AV receiver is built to last and delivers audiophile-grade sound thanks to its monolithic amplifier construction. The Denon AVR-X6300H features a powerful Class AB power amplifier section equipped with discrete custom-made high current power transistors (D.H.C.T) for high current capability. This discrete, monolithic amplifier design delivers optimum realism and stunning dynamic range. By using high current, high power discrete power devices and a monolithic amplifier layout, the Denon AV receiver is able to easily drive high quality speakers. The AV receiver's eleven channel Class AB amplifier is rated at 140-watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.05% THD, driving 2 channels) and will deliver reference class, room-filling sound with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth.
Amplifier Assignment: The AVR-X6300H's eleven discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup - from a 7.1ch system with two powered zones to a full 7.1.4ch Dolby Atmos setup.
- 11ch: Provides 11ch playback by assigning all eleven internal amplifiers to the receiver's Main Zone. Front, Center, Surround Back, Height 1, and Height 2 speakers can all be played back at the same time in the Main Zone. This amplifier configuration can support up to 7.1.4ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
- 9ch Bi-Amp: Assigns all eleven amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped. Up to nine total speakers are be connected at one time - including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back and Height speakers. The receiver's Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier. This amplifier configuration can support up to 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
- 9ch + Zone 2 or Zone 3: The receiver's eleven amplifier channels are assigned to power a 9ch speaker system in the Main Zone and stereo speakers in either Zone 2 or Zone 3 (not both). The Main Zone will consists of Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back and Height speakers. The receiver's Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to power Zone 2. This amplifier configuration can support up to 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
- 9ch + Zone2/3-Mono: Assigns nine of the amplifier channels of the AV receiver for 9ch playback in the Main Zone and one amplifier each to Zone 2 and Zone 3 for mono audio in each zone. The Main Zone will consist of Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back and Height speakers. The receiver's Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to power both Zone 2 and Zone 3 for mono sound. This amplifier configuration can support up to 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
- 9ch + Front B: Assigns nine amplifier channels of the receiver to the Main Zone for up to 9ch playback and two amplifier channels to power another pair of front speakers in the Main Zone for stereo playback only. Up to eleven total speakers can be connected in the Main Zone - including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, Height, and Front B speakers. The receiver's Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to power the Front B speakers. This amplifier configuration can support up to 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
- 7ch Bi-Amp + Zone 2: Assigns nine amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped and two amplifier channels assigned to Zone 2 to power a pair of speakers in another room. The 7ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back. The receiver's Height channels are reassigned to bi-amp the front speakers and power Zone 2. The Surround Back speakers of the main zone can be re-assigned for up to 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
- 7ch + Zone 2/3: Assigns seven amplifier channels to the Main Zone for 7ch playback and four amplifiers to Zone 2 and Zone 3 for stereo playback in each zone. The 7ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back. The receiver's Height amplifier channels are reassigned to power both Zone 2 and Zone 3. The Surround Back speakers of the main zone can be re-assigned for up to 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X.
Note: The receiver's Height 1 & 2 amplifier speaker channels in a 11ch, 9ch, or 7ch amplifier configuration can be configured as Top Front, Top Middle, Top Rear, Front Dolby, or Surround Dolby for Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
Proprietary Denon Technologies: The AVR-X6300H receiver utilizes proprietary Denon technologies (AL24 Plus & Denon Link HD) to deliver exceptional audio performance.
- AL24 Plus: AL24 Processing Plus, an exclusive Denon technology, provides ultra-high-resolution digital audio filtering and precision in the main (L/R) audio channels, to deliver music with outstanding high-frequency detail along with a smooth, natural midrange, creating a natural soundstage with enhanced imaging.
- Denon Link HD: The exclusive Denon Link HD system, available when the AVR-X6300H is used with a compatible Denon Blu-ray player (sold separately), creates a high-accuracy digital link, with a dedicated connection for master clock data to eliminate distortion caused by jitter errors in the main audio data-stream.
Powerful DSP: In order to properly handle the multitude of advanced digital audio decoding and processing functions, the AVR-X6300H features a sophisticated DSP audio processing system that incorporates four powerful high-speed 4th generation SHARC DSP processors, which together have a combined continuous processing capability of 10 GFLOPS (10 billion floating point numerical computations per second).
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|DSD||2-6ch, 2.8824MHz, 1-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Denon AVR-X6300H AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos:
Dolby Atmos surround sound technology
dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based
coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds
anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same
award-winning technology at home with the AVR-X6300H that lets you to connect a
5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and 2-4 additional overhead
speakers or 2-4 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater
- A 5.1.2 configuration is based on a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 5.1.4 configuration is based on a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 4 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 7.1.2 configuration is based on a more advanced 7.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- A 7.1.4 configuration is based on a more advanced 7.1 speaker layout complemented by 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers.
- DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience.
Note: DTS:X & DTS Neural:X will require a firmware update.
Post Decoding Formats: The Denon AV receiver supports Dolby Surround, DTS Neural:X, and DTS Neo:6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch and multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neural:X: DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format. DTS Neural:X will require a firmware update.
- DTS Neo:6: DTS Neo:6 is an advanced matrix decoder that takes any two-channel source (including television broadcasts, CDs and DVDs) and expands it into five or six channels. It also provides separate, optimized modes for stereo music materials and matrix surround motion picture soundtracks. DTS Neo:6 brings you a more revealing sound from ordinary stereo and a more expansive home cinema experience.
AURO-3D Upgrade ($199): Auro-3D is the next generation three-dimensional audio standard. It provides a realistic sound experience unlike anything before. By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D creates the sensation of actually "being there". Thanks to a unique "Height" channel configuration, recorded acoustic reflections are reproduced by these speakers and are heard naturally due to the fact that sounds originate from around as well as above the listener. Once upgraded with the AURO-Codec Decoder ($199.00 cost), the AVR-X6300H is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D mix and playing back an Auro 9.1 or 10.1 channel configuration.
Audyssey Platinum: The AVR-X6300H features the Audyssey Platinum suite of powerful DSP features - including MultEQ XT32, Sub EQ HT, LFC (Low Frequency Containment), Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ.
- MultEQ XT32: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ32 measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Audyssey MultEQ32 incorporates more than ten thousand individual control points allowing finer details of the room's problems to be captured and corrected. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ XT32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Denon Original Listening Modes: Denon's Original Listening Modes, combined with Dolby Digital/DTS processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup. You can choose from the following -
- Rock Arena: For rock and popular music sources, this mode surrounds you with reflected sound of the kind you would hear at a live concert.
- Jazz Club: This mode recreates the atmosphere of a live house where the ceiling is low and you are enveloped with rich doses of reflected sound.
- Matrix: With this mode, you can add rich reflected sound to 2-channel stereo music sources where reflected sound is normally not audible.
- Video Game: This mode is suited for achieving surround sound with video games..
- Mono Movie: This mode is used when you listen to recorded monaural sound sources such as AM radio broadcasts or news programs from the center speaker.
- Virtual: Enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or set of headphones.
- Multichannel Stereo: Left and right stereo channels are distributed to all the speakers so that stereo sound can be heard from all directions at any listening position.
Direct Listening Modes: The Denon AVR-X6300H offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Direct Mode provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct Mode goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
Audio Enhancements: The Denon AVR-X6300H receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital & DTS modes.
- Compressed Audio Restorer: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio), and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The Restorer function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
- Center Spread: When using the receiver's Dolby Surround mode, the Center Spread function expands the center channel signal to left and right front speakers to create a wider frontal audio image for the listener. It is optimized and designed primary for playback of stereo music content.
- Room Size: The receiver's audio output can be set to simulate the acoustics of a Small, Medium Small, Medium (default), Medium Large, or Large room environment. This setting is not an indication of the actual size of your listening area.
Level Adjustments: The AVR-X6300H provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level & Control: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to increase the dialogue output from the center channel. When listening to a DTS:X soundtrack, the Dialog Control feature adjusts the volume of dialog in movies and vocals in music, so voice can be heard more easily.
- EQ Level: If you choose not to use the Audyssey MultEQ X32 auto calibration setup function, you can manually set the tonal balance and level for each frequency band of the receiver's 9-band EQ (63/125/250/500/1k/2k/4k/8k/16k Hz) for each connected loudspeaker.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The AVR-X6300H offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0, -10, or -20 dB to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Power On Level: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Outputs: The Denon AV receiver features color-coded binding-post speaker terminals, 11.2ch pre-outs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the AVR-X6300H's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- 11.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 11.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the AVR-X6300H features two discrete subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed in different parts of the room, you'll benefit from response averaging, which helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional single subwoofer speaker system.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI 2.0a: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (including one conveniently located on the front-panel) and three HDMI outputs, the AVR-X6300H incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The AVR-X6300H also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz: The AVR-X6300H supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver's rear-panel HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio: By supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format on your TV for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
Note: Out of the box, the AVR-X6300H is only compatible with HDR10. Through a future firmware update (scheduled for October 2017), the unit will also support Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR formats.
Three HDMI Outputs: The two parallel HDMI outputs distribute the same video signal simultaneously to two separate displays, while the discrete HDMI output allows you to play a different audio/video source in another zone.
4K Video Upconversion: The Denon AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the AVR-X6300H and then connect to your TV with just a single HDMI cable. Only the receiver's main HDMI output supports video upconversion.
Other HDMI Features: The Denon AVR-X6300H AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D Ready: The AVR-X6300H AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the AVR-X6300H's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Component & Composite Video: The receiver features three composite video inputs and one composite video output, as well as a Zone 2 composite video output. There are also two component video inputs and one component video output (the component video output can also be assigned to Zone 2).
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The AVR-X6300H is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it's not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes - Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from Tuner, USB/iPod, Online Music, or Bluetooth.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Denon AVR-X6300H receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to your DLNA music server and various online music services. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The AVR-X6300H is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the AVR-X6300H's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Denon AVR-X6300H supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Compressed||WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|Hi-Res||FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||N/A||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
HEOS Online Music Services: Thanks to built-in HEOS technology, you'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, Amazon, Rhapsody, TuneIn, Spotify Connect, and Amazon Music. More streaming music services coming soon (stay tuned). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels right from the receiver's remote and on-screen menu.
- TuneIn: HEOS includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- Pandora: Pandora is free, personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can even bookmark up to 100 stations and easily switch between favorites.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the HEOS receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Rhapsody: Rhapsody is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Amazon Music: Listen to over a million songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Music. Requires an Amazon Prime membership (currently $10.99 per month or $99 per year).
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
HD Radio Tuner: In addition to receiving standard analog AM and FM broadcasts, the AVR-X6300H features a built-in HD Radio tuner. HD Radio technology brings digital radio to conventional analog AM and FM radio stations, with improved sound quality, better reception, and new data services. HD Radio technology provides CD-quality sound for FM stations, and FM-quality sound for AM stations. In addition, FM HD Radio station can transmit multiple programs on the same frequency by using multicast channels. Text data display includes station name, song title, artist name, etc. HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles.
- Multicasting: Many HD Radio stations also offer more than one channel of programming. This service is called multicasting.
- Station Presets: You can store up to 56 radio stations presets (8 stations each in 7 separate banks) and name each preset with an 8 character ID.
- Direct Frequency Tuning: You can enter the receiving frequency directly to tune in a station, using the supplied IR remote control.
Note: Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Denon server. Visit Denon's Support Site for more details.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Compressed||WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|Hi-Res||FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||N/A||.flac|
Note: The receiver's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones & tablets.
AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite music directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
Built-in Bluetooth: The Denon AVR-X6300H features built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.4). You'll be able to wirelessly connect to Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computers/laptops and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the AVR-X6300H, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks (only one device can be used at a time).
- Music Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone/tablet, computer/laptop and more to the Denon receiver. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the AVR-X6300H offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the Denon receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod/iPhone/Pad.
- Music Control: You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device.
- Song/Artist Info: Song/Artist information will displayed on the receiver's front-panel LCD or your HDMI-connected TV.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Denon AV receiver.
HDMI Zone 2: The AVR-X6300H incorporates multi-zone HDMI audio/video distribution for Zone 2 with the inclusion of its HDMI matrix switching functionality. The receiver can send two different HDMI video feeds to two displays at the same time directly from the receiver (HDMI Zone 2 does not support upscaling). HDMI Zone 2 also supports 2ch PCM audio from the HDMI input source selected. The HDMI Zone 2 function is only compatible with the HDMI 1-7 input connectors. It is not compatible with the HDMI 8 input connector. The volume of HDMI Zone 2 will be controlled by your TV or additional receiver in Zone 2.
- Compatible Sources: Compatible HDMI Zone 2 sources include the receiver's HDMI 1-7 inputs.
- Incompatible Sources: The receiver's HDMI 8 input cannot be output to Zone 2. Analog audio/video signals cannot be sent to HDMI Zone 2. USB, Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone, AirPlay, Internet Radio, HEOS music apps, and DLNA sources cannot be output to HDMI Zone 2.
Audio/Video Zone 2: Zone 2 allows stereo audio/video playback of another A/V source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via stereo pre-out or speaker terminal output connections, as well as composite or component video. To enjoy a video source in Zone 2, you must connect the same video connection to your second display monitor as connected to your receiver for that particular source (there is no video-conversion for Zone 2). Zone 2 features either a pre-outs or speaker outputs, so you can use this receiver or a separate amp to power speakers in another room. When using the AVR-X6300H to power speakers in a second room of your home, the Main Zone is restricted to 7.1-channel. When using the receiver's pre-outs for the second room you need an additional amplifier in that room to power those speakers; the Main Zone of the receiver remains 9.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Denon receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Compatible Zone 2 sources include Analog audio/video inputs, HDMI audio (2ch PCM), Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM), AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), HEOS music apps, DLNA/Media Server contents.
- Incompatible Sources: DSD audio cannot be sent to Zone 2. Unfortunately, you cannot select USB and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2 (this scenario also includes Bluetooth).
Audio Only Zone 3: Zone 3 allows you to play a different stereo audio source connected to the receiver in a third room of your house. Zone 3 features either a pre-outs or speaker outputs so you can use this amp or a separate amp to power speakers in another room. When using the AVR-X6300H to power speakers in a second and third room of your home, Zone 2 and 3 are limited to mono playback, while the Main Zone is limited to 9.1 channels. When using the receiver's pre-outs for the 3rd Zone, you need an additional amplifier in that room to power those speakers; the Main Zone of the receiver remains 11.1-channel. The volume of Zone 3 can be controlled by the Denon receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Analog audio inputs, Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM), AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), HEOS music apps, DLNA/Media Server contents.
- Incompatible Sources: Analog video, HDMI audio/video, and DSD audio cannot be sent to Zone 3. Unfortunately, you cannot select USB and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 3 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 3 (this scenario also includes Bluetooth).
All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types; analog or digital). During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.
HEOS Wireless Multiroom: Built-in HEOS technology allows the AVR-X6300H to become part of the HEOS wireless multiroom system, allowing you to enjoy your favorite music throughout your home. Share music stored on your home network, Internet radio & online streaming services, plus the music library on your smartphone or source components connected to the receiver with multiple HEOS wireless speakers and other HEOS components throughout your house. And it's all controlled by the free HEOS app, installed on your Apple iOS (7.0+) or Android OS (2.3+) device. The app gives you instant multiroom audio control, meaning you can command music in every room from any device - play different music from different sources in every room, group several rooms together and play the same song.
- Music: You can select which sources you want to listen to from the app. Choose from the receiver's connected sources (2ch PCM only), a variety of online music services and internet radio, plus the music library on your computer (DLNA) or iPhone/Android device, and even Bluetooth.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual HEOS devices into a group that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 HEOS products per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group eight rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
- The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS products (sold separately) on a single wireless network.
When audio from a device connected to the receiver is played back in a multiroom application, only 2-channel PCM input from the HDMI, digital or analog terminals can be played back.
HEOS Link: The Denon AV receiver only supports a single HEOS music stream. If you desire a second HEOS music stream through the receiver's multizone output, you will need to connect the HEOS Link to one of the AV receiver's analog or digital inputs.
AVR Remote App: The new Denon AVR Remote App lets you control the Denon AV receiver using your Apple (iOS 7.0) or Android (OS 4.0+) device. From this free app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you'll be able to control the Denon AV receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings. You'll also be able to control separate Zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the AV receiver's network and Internet content from the app. In addition, you get you get unique features likes a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a Denon Blu-ray player.
- Landscape Orientation Control Screen: With a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
- Create Playlists: The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Next and Replace Queue" or "Add to End of Queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
- Denon Blu-ray Player Control: The app allows control over Denon Blu-ray (DBT-xx13 series) that are connected to the AV receiver via HDMI.
Note: This AV receiver is not compatible with last year's older Denon Remote App.
Multibrand Remote Control + HDMI-CEC: The AVR-X6300H comes with an IR wireless remote control that can operate the receiver as well as other remote control capable components. It is pre-programmed with control signals for other brand products; including Blu-ray/DVD players, TVs, satellite/cable boxes, and SACD/CD players.
HDMI-CEC: When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or Blu-ray player compatible with the AVR-X6300H's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the AVR-X6300H's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
Smart TV Control: When you connect the AVR-X6300H to your Smart TV, you have the option of controlling the AVR-X6300H via the TV's remote control which lets you select an input, adjust the volume and choose the surround sound mode. The receiver and your TV must be connected via HDMI with the HDMI-CEC function activated on both components.
Custom Integration: The AVR-X6300H is part of Denon's IN-Command series line-up of receiver, which is Denon's certification to custom installers that the receiver has advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. These features include IP control, a RS232C jack for use with whole house control systems, remote in/out IR command control, and a 12V trigger output.
- RS-232C Port: Port for connection to external whole-house control systems, from companies such as AMX, Crestron, etc.
- Remote Jacks: Minijack input and output jacks for use with an optional IR repeater system (sold separately).
- 12V Trigger Outputs: The AVR-X6300H has two minijack outputs to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifiers in Zone 2 and Zone 3. The conditions under which the trigger output activates is programmable.
- IP Control: The receiver can be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi, and also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 home automation equipment.
Alexa Compatible (via firmware update): Through a network firmware update, HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately). Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
OSD w/ Setup Assistant (via HDMI): The AVR-X6300H's clear, easy to understand graphical on-screen display guides you through the set-up process to ensure the correct configuration. The exclusive on-screen Setup Assistant provides easy setup instructions, leading the user step-by-step to optimize critical settings for the best possible sound and video quality with the rest of your system. The on-screen menu and setup assistant can be output to your TV via HDMI only. If you connect the receiver to your television via only composite or component video, you will need to use the AV receiver's front-panel display for menu and source adjustments.
- Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
- The video being played will not appear in the background of the menu when the menu is operated during playback of 4K or 3D video, or if the video aspect ratio is not 16:9 or 4:3.
Quick Select: On the AVR-X6300H's front-panel, you'll find four Quick Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Quick Select function buttons. With Quick Select, the AVR-X6300H remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Keyword Search: You can also search Internet Radio, USB, and DLNA content using keyword searches from the AV receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
Input Name & Delete: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources.
Slide Shows/Picture View: You can play back still image (JPEG) files stored on a USB memory device or media server and pictures on Flickr website as a slide show. The display time can also be set. You can also play back music and a favorite picture at the same time via USB, Internet Radio, or Media Server.
Sleep Timer + Auto Standby: The Denon AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function. The Sleep Timer allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments. The unit enters Standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with an ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Eco mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Personal Memory Plus: For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, audio delay, etc. When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled. The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product reviews from the Crutchfield Labs
by Video Team
Denon's X-series of receivers can make your home theater look and sound like a movie theater. They support 4K video, HDR, and surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos.
Why did you buy this?
Reviews [ James Aug 06, 2018 ]
recommended by AV person [ Jeffrey Aug 04, 2018 ]
good price and reputable brand [ Francisco Aug 02, 2018 ]
Great price hopefully it does what I asked [ Kirsten Jul 21, 2018 ]
great price for 11.2 channel receiver [ Alexander Jul 21, 2018 ]
I choose the Denon AVR-X6300H because of the price. An 11.2 channel amp for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X for under $2000 sounds pretty good to me. [ terry Jul 20, 2018 ]
Complete support for 11.2 channel output [ SRINIVAS Jul 18, 2018 ]
It was on sale, had phono inputs and I have an old Denon that it will replace. [ Jerry Jul 11, 2018 ]
The AVR-X6300H IN-Command was the upgrade I was looking for. I wanted to upgrade from my circa 1998 THX, 7.1 channel processor to something that had Dolby ATMOS capability but have pre-amp outputs to be able to use my existing THX multichannel amp. [ Bob Jul 09, 2018 ]
Denon makes really nice products period! [ James Jul 07, 2018 ]
I have been a Denon owner for over 30 years and have been pleased with their quality and performance. I am upgrading my system to 4K UHD and need to upgrade my existing unit. [ Jonathan Jul 05, 2018 ]
Excellent value, high end features. [ Jason Jun 28, 2018 ]
Zak helped me out. [ Ronald Jun 20, 2018 ]
11.2 for Dolby Atmos! Also the 140 watts/channel is attractive. [ Kerry Jun 14, 2018 ]
I needed a receiver that could support a full 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup. [ Jamie May 20, 2018 ]
11 channels of awesomeness. $700 off List. [ HI Guy May 02, 2018 ]
i bought this for the brand's credibility, reliability. this is still made in japan! and of course the support i get from crutchfield when i need. [ Nestor Apr 27, 2018 ]
replace old equipment. good price [ Thomas Apr 26, 2018 ]
This is the best home theater receiver for my money, able to power the Klipsch RP250 5.1 speakers I bought and still fit into the small space in my current TV stand. [ Philippe Apr 21, 2018 ]
Best 11.2 channel receiver value. [ Peter Apr 19, 2018 ]
Price and I like demon products. [ Jason Apr 09, 2018 ]
The Denon AVR-X6300H has fantastic reviews. I currently have a 9.2 Denon reciever and it has performed flawlessly. With this upgraded Denon and a pair of Klipsch Atmos speakers my 7.2.4 theater is done! [ Eric Mar 29, 2018 ]
Good price, discounted $700, for a high quality Denon AVR-x6300h, which includes latest audio and video decoding formats (including Dolby ATMOS). I needed to upgrade from my Denon AVR x-4000. [ Theodore W. Mar 24, 2018 ]
Upgrading from a Denon AVR-3313C to create a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos setup. [ BRAD P Mar 21, 2018 ]
Features (11 powered channels) and price. [ Joseph J. Mar 19, 2018 ]
Recommendation by crutchfield product support as a comparison to maranta sr7011that is no longer available [ manuel Mar 19, 2018 ]
HDR and 4K video needs [ Peter Mar 08, 2018 ]
Price and reviews were attractive. [ Shawn Mar 03, 2018 ]
Great features, friend has same one...Really want it [ Matthew Feb 25, 2018 ]
The price [ monroe Feb 20, 2018 ]
Price to Quality [ Roy Feb 20, 2018 ]
Features and the Watts per Channel [ Tim Feb 15, 2018 ]
I wanted a receiver with Dolby Atmos, HD Radio, and 11 amplifier channels. [ Allison Feb 02, 2018 ]
For Dolby Atmos 11.2 [ P Jan 24, 2018 ]
140 watt/channel power output, HDMI switching, multi-room options and HEOS. Planning on getting 2 more and adding several Harmony remotes of this for whole-house audio and an alternative to Control4. [ R Jan 24, 2018 ]
Best price at the right channel [ wesley Jan 22, 2018 ]
I want to build the ultimate home theater. [ A Jan 21, 2018 ]
11 channels and two extra zones,its what im looking for. [ MADONNA M Jan 17, 2018 ]
Upgrade to my existing Denon Receiver. Looking for a receiver that drives all the 11.2 channels without the need of an additional amplifier. This model fits my requirements. [ SRINIVAS Jan 08, 2018 ]
because it was recomended brand [ Linda Dec 31, 2017 ]
Has all the features I wanted and more and reviews very well. The sale put it over the top. Could not see an advantage of losing Digital tuner to go to newer version of this unit and the next model up wasn't worth the added price. It was a great balance for me. Only concern is future upgrading of HDMI spec but I am years away from a TV that would need it. Upgraded from 25 year old Sony with no HDMI. [ chris Dec 27, 2017 ]
Needed a Dolby Atmos 11 channel receiver and I found this within the price point including ratings I was looking at. [ Projit Dec 21, 2017 ]
Replacement for AVR-4310CI to get update features. [ David Dec 18, 2017 ]
reviews, research [ allan Dec 11, 2017 ]
I chose this model because it had the features that I needed. There was a newer model but the features on the newer model were not important to me and the price on this model was significantly reduced. [ John Dec 09, 2017 ]
Good Company, Good Price, Good Service! [ Paul Dec 07, 2017 ]
audio specs, DTS-X, ATMOS, wifi and blue tooth [ Gayton J Nov 28, 2017 ]
Online Reviews and Sales Rep. has same model. Also had an older Denon and have no problems. Still working, but 9 Yrs old and outdated for today's technology. [ Dennis Nov 27, 2017 ]
Recommended by a friend who has a similar Denon [ Donald Nov 26, 2017 ]
Price,quality,channels [ Jeff Nov 26, 2017 ]
Amplification power. [ Subramanian Nov 24, 2017 ]
Based on price and value and information supplied by customer service, Luke specifically. [ Robert Nov 24, 2017 ]
Good reviews. [ ROBERT G Nov 21, 2017 ]
Upgrading to a new receiver w/ 11.1 channel sound and 4K capability. Many stores offer this unit at the same price, but your web site and expert reviews made the sale! [ Mark Nov 18, 2017 ]
11.2 or 7.1.4 capability, multiple & separate HDMI out [ Dusty Nov 12, 2017 ]
Plenty of power. Good user interface. Excellent support for my 5.1.2 speaker system. [ James Nov 12, 2017 ]
I had a Denon AVR4308 for 9 years. Sound is still great, but video circuit went out. This was a fabulous receiver. I hope this new one is as good and reliable. [ BILL Oct 26, 2017 ]
My current Yamaha has been a faithful friend for more than 10 years, but new times require new equipment to deaL with advances in audio quality. I've purchased through Crutchfield and have never been disappointed. I also feel the better audio and long term sustainability requires an input of money. Looking forward to adding this device to my current system. [ Charles Oct 02, 2017 ]
Fan of Denon products [ John S. Sep 26, 2017 ]
i was looking for a receiver to replace my yamaha rx-z1. it seemed that there is really nothing compatible to that receiver available today. with the help of allen, i was able to decide on the denon avr-x6300h. in addition to a turntable, and soon an anthem amp. [ david Sep 11, 2017 ]
Reviewed comparable AVR from other manufacturers (Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo) but decided on Denon AVR-X6300H for capability and performance [ Tuan Sep 11, 2017 ]
Denon makes Receivers that last. [ Michael Sep 09, 2017 ]
Power [ Alberto Aug 31, 2017 ]
I needed to replace an awesome tube amp with something more modern. Came down to the Yamaha Aventage RX-A2070. Both 140 amps or more, both 9.2 ready, both great reviews. I didn't see myself needing the 11.2 option (the only real difference), so no need to pay the premium for the top-of-the-line amp in either brand. Chatted online with the Crutchfield rep, who recommended the Denon over the Yahama. Though both seemed awesome products. [ Andrew Aug 26, 2017 ]
Love Denon Products, great price and Made in Japan [ Paul Aug 23, 2017 ]
Great quality, features and price [ Jon Aug 21, 2017 ]
Current special purchase price makes this piece an easy choice. First step in upgrading to 4K. Equipment is in a separate closet. Upgrading from an earlier Denon model. [ J Aug 19, 2017 ]
Advised by AV installer [ John Aug 19, 2017 ]
BA Receiver [ F Aug 17, 2017 ]
Best mix of sound quality, features, price. Had older Pioneer SC-37, but new Pio still don't have level of programability. Especially with ARC behavior. [ Anthony Aug 16, 2017 ]
Good reviews and previous Denon experience [ James Aug 15, 2017 ]
Yamaha home receiver failure. [ BRUCE N Aug 15, 2017 ]
Good reviews [ Anthony Aug 14, 2017 ]
I want to upgrade to a 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 configuration.Haven't decided yet? Probably try the 7.1.2 first since I have a pair of Pioneers Height speakers. I read a lot of good reviews on this receiver .I currently have a denon ave-s710w which is great but with the price drop I couldn't resist.With this receiver I shouldn't have to upgrade for a long time (hopefully)! Looking forward to the new receiver!!!ð??? [ Louis Aug 13, 2017 ]
Denon fan and wanted the convenience and quality of 11.2! [ Jeffrey Jul 20, 2017 ]
This is my third Denon receiver as I like the features and power you get for the price. After moving around for 25 years in the military, I'm finally settled in a house that has an ideal space for home theater. I wanted Dolby Atmos and after much research, it looks like Denon has done it again with the AVR-X6300H. I'll be running a 7.2.2 speaker configuration and this receiver should easily power them all. [ JAMES D Jul 11, 2017 ]
Overall feature set and price - and average reviews [ Steve May 31, 2017 ]
I like denon I had bought the anthem 1120 didn't like the bass [ James Apr 06, 2017 ]
I have owned Denon rceiver5700 before and was very pleased. the extra features like HD radio tuner sealed the choice over Yamaha 3060 for me [ JOHNNY Feb 20, 2017 ]
I have a great history with Denon [ Craig Feb 07, 2017 ]
I spent a fair bit of time on the phone with Zach. I had specific needs that I was trying to fill - wanted something that could power the speakers that I have, could handle two audio channel outputs, was state of the art in terms of internet capabilities and delivered the best possible quality sound. With Zach's help, this is what we came up with. I am very excited to hear how it sounds. [ GERARD M Jan 05, 2017 ]
Quality equipment with great review. [ James Dec 29, 2016 ]
Sounds amazing [ Henry Dec 21, 2016 ]
BEST AVAILABLE TO TAKE CARE OF MY NEEDS 11.2 CAPABILITY [ radford Dec 07, 2016 ]
Excellent features [ ROLAND Nov 29, 2016 ]
I needed a 11-channel AVR with Dolby Atmos capability and this receiver fit the bill. I am also a former Denon AVR user. [ ADRIAN Oct 07, 2016 ]
12 questions already asked
Jack: I am sorry but I can't help you as I have never tried to connect up Spotify to my unit. I might suggest that you check your input selection and possibly the set up of the inputs. [ James Jul 08, 2018 ]
I ended up not keeping my 6300 and going with the 4300 but yes both units have multiple zones if you are only using it in 5.1 [ Chris May 22, 2018 ]
Not sure ,But you can Bi amp some of your speakers in your 5.1 surround for more watts [ Kenneth S. May 21, 2018 ]
I'm 99% certain you can yes in those configurations you are wanting. You can assign the unused channels to your liking to different zones. I know you can assign them to a second zone but not sure about a third zone along with. Check the online manual or ask a Crutchfield agent . Next time I power up my cinema I will check the configurations exactly and answer back [ Mary Jo May 15, 2018 ]
No. If you truly need the HDMI 2.0b you'll have to get a newer receiver model that supports it: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVX6400/item.html [ Ryan Dec 02, 2017 ] Staff
It gets software updates quite a bit but I believe it will not support 8k in future. [ Mary Jo Aug 20, 2017 ]
That question would be better answered by Denon support. They will know if the firmware will be upgradable to support 8k. [ Patrick Aug 18, 2017 ]
It has Blutooth connectivity yes. Havnt tried it myself They have a speaker line from the Denon HEOS line that a lot use [ Mary Jo Jul 17, 2017 ]
It is HDR Compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TV's and HDR-encoded content, meaning it has (HDR10 pass-through). There is a Firmware Update coming in late 2017, that will allow this unit to support Dolby Vision & HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) in pass-through as well. This shouldn't be a problem since Dolby Vision & HLG content is not expected to hit the Marketplace until Late 2017 and early 2018. [ Bill Jun 25, 2017 ]
No it does not. [ Patrick Jun 23, 2017 ]
I can confirm that it will pass thru HDR content. Cannot confirm pass thru of Dolby Vision content, but Denon support site advises that it is compatible via a firmware update. [ James Jun 23, 2017 ]
HDR compatible out of the box...DV available via future FW update. [ Gene Jun 23, 2017 ]
1 answer This list ability to bi-amp using "height" speakers, but I see on the device the back surround outputs are also listed as assignable. Because I want to set up 5.2.4 I would assume I'd use the 4 height channels for the atmos ceiling speakers. Can I then use the back surround channels to bi-amp my front L/R speakers? [ hollywoodfrodo Feb 23, 2017 ]
Looking at the manual it seems you can't run all four Dolby height channels and bi-amp. I bi-amp my front mains but I only use two height channels. [ Christine Mar 26, 2017 ]
Sorry, no. The Denon's amplifier assignment will not support the 5.1.4 + Bi-amp configuration. The 6300 uses two of the "Height" channels for the bi-amp option so, you would not be able to have the 4 Atmos overhead speakers when bi-amping the main front left & right channels. The receiver does offer the multi-channel RCA pre-outs so, you can add an external 2-channel amp for the bi-amping of your front speakers while using the Denon's internal amplification for powering the primary 5.1.4 channels. This will still leave you with 2 additional channels in the Denon which can be used for powering a pair of speakers in a secondary zone. While I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, I hope the information helps. My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Mar 10, 2017 ] Staff
Yes. All the pre-outs are always on, so you can hook up base layer speakers using external amp(s) while wiring the four height speakers to the height speaker posts, setting Amp Assign to 11.1CH, and setting Pre-Out to Front (thus assigning one of the internal amps to the Height 2 speaker posts). This frees up headrooom for the height speakers in your X4300H amplifier array, where all nine amplifier channels share the same power supply. [ flybob Sep 17, 2017 ]
You do not need an external amplifier with this AVR. I am currently using 4 height channels - 2 ceiling Dolby Atmos in the front and 2 ceiling Dolby Atmos in the rear, plus the 2 front, 2 surround and 2 rear surround, a center speaker and 2 sub woofers. [ ADRIAN Feb 22, 2017 ]
I'm afraid not. While the Denon AVR-X6300H features built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless music streaming and control, it does not have the ability to transmit the audio wirelessly to a set of Bluetooth headphones. However there are some other receivers that support this feature--for more details on that, feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Larry Feb 01, 2017 ] Staff
2 answers For the Denon AVRX6300H, can you combine hard wired (speaker cable) speakers for the front channels and a hard wired subwoofer along with a pair of the Heos 7 wireless speakers for the surround/side channels or do they all have to be hard wired or all wireless to avoid any signal delay/latency or is there another reason behind this should a combo wired/wireless speaker system not be supported by this unit? Does the manual even mention anything about this? [ David M Dec 02, 2016 ]
You cannot use Heos speakers as rear channels. You can group things together in the Heos app, but they will not deliver rear channel sound. [ Scott Jan 05, 2017 ]
I could not find anything in the manual about using wireless speakers with the AVR. It addresses using the HEOS app with the AVR to steam music from a wireless device such as a smart phone, but it does not address using HEOS wireless speakers. I am using wired connections for a 7.1.4 configuration. [ ADRIAN Dec 06, 2016 ]
Edit: should read 7.1.4 [ Gene Nov 03, 2016 ]
It has 11 internal amplifiers...so it can accommodate 7.1.4 config without additional external amps? [ Gene Nov 03, 2016 ]
This AVR has 11 discrete, independent amplifiers built in. [ ADRIAN Nov 02, 2016 ]
The AVR-X6300H's has a 11 amplifiers. No need for external amps to run 11 speakers. [ James Nov 02, 2016 ]