Small, lightweight tracking device (Purple)
Our take on the TrackR pixel by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The TrackR pixel lights up and rings loudly, so you can dig a lost item out of its hiding place
TrackR pixel helps find lost stuff
The things that most commonly go missing in my house are the things I use most often — keys, wallet, smartphone. The compact, lightweight TrackR pixel can be attached to anything that "grows legs and walks away." It uses Bluetooth (approximately 100-foot radius) to send a pulse from your phone to the tracking device, which lights up brightly and rings loudly, so you can find your lost stuff quickly.
But what if my phone is lost?
The TrackR app works both ways. If you've lost your phone, push the button on the tracking device, and it will make your phone ring, even if you left it on silent mode. You can even set up a separation alert to notify you when your phone loses its Bluetooth connection to the pixel. That way, you won't leave your important item behind in the first place.
Crowd Locate and other special features
If you're far away from your lost item, TrackR's Crowd Locate network will show you its last known location on a map, so you know where to start looking. Crowd Locate is a clever crowd-sourced network. When another TrackR user is within Bluetooth range of your lost item, you receive a location update.
bravo or pixel?
You may be wondering which TrackR product is a better choice for you, the bravo or the pixel? Much of the difference is in the form factor: the bravo is made from anodized aluminum and has a slightly larger diameter, while the pixel is smaller and made from plastic.
Both devices interact with the TrackR app in the same way, but there are some differences in how they alert you when you need to find a lost item. The bravo's ringer is a loud 82 dB. The pixel cranks that up to 90 dB, and adds bright, flashing LED lights for a visual cue.
- compact, colorful tracking device that helps you find lost items
- 90dB ringer and flashing LED lights help you find lost items
- connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth® Low Energy (range: approximately 100 feet)
- Crowd Locate function shows you the last known location of a tagged item on a map
- when another TrackR user passes within Bluetooth range of a lost item, your item's location is updated
- free TrackR app for iOS® and Android™ devices offers remote control and tracking of one or more pixel devices
- Phone Finder makes your misplaced phone ring, even if it was left in silent mode
- track and ring the same TrackR device from multiple phones in Family Sharing mode
- compatible with Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- powered by replaceable CR1620 battery
- approximate battery life: 1 year
- 1-1/16" diameter x 1/4" thickness
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth tracker
- CR2016 battery (installed)
- Key-ring strap
- Two-sided tape
- Setup Guide
TrackR Pixel: The TrackR Pixel is an easy way to find misplaced items using your smartphone or tablet through the TrackR App. It's a small, lightweight Bluetooth tracker that rings and lights up so you can find anything, even in the dark. Plus, if you can't find your smartphone or tablet, you can press the button on the TrackR Pixel to make it ring loudly. Small and lightweight, so you can attach it to all your important items - from your remote control, keys, wallet, purse, luggage, pet, bicycle, or parked vehicle. It measures only 1.0625" in diameter x 0.25" in thickness.
- App Control: The TrackR Pixel works with the TrackR app (available for both Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), which you can download for free on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Bluetooth Communication: The TrackR Pixel uses Bluetooth to communicate (100' wireless range) with the TrackR app. The location of the TrackR Pixel is constantly updated using Bluetooth and the Pixel's approximate location. Because the TrackR Pixel uses Bluetooth, it will need to be initially paired with your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Ringer & Lights: If you have lost an item with the TrackR Pixel attached, the best thing to do would be to walk around the place you last remember having your item with the TrackR app open on your Apple iOS or Android device. Once you come within Bluetooth range of the device, you will be able to make the attached TrackR Pixel ring (90dB) and light up.
- Last Known Location: If the TrackR Pixel is out of Bluetooth range, you can see its last known location in the TrackR app on your Apple iOS or Android device. If you still can't find your item, Crowd Locate can help you track it down.
- Available in a 1, 3, 5, or 8 pack.
- Available in an array of colors - Aqua, Black, Blue, Pink, Red, Sliver, Purple, or White
TrackR App: Available for both Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+, the TrackR app tracks your important items through your smartphone or tablet, so you're always connected to the things you can't afford to lose. You can pair up to 10 TrackR devices to an Apple iOS device and between 4 to 10 TrackR devices to an Android OS device (depends on device manufacturer and OS). App features include -
Notes: Keep the app running in the background of your phone at all times with Bluetooth "On" and Location Services "On". Doing this allows you to see where you last had your item if you misplace it.
Two-Way Ringing: The TrackR Pixel offers two-way ringing (90dB) for finding your lost item or smartphone within Bluetooth range (100'). When you're within Bluetooth range, simply tap the item ringer within the TrackR app to make the attached TrackR Pixel on your lost item ring so you can locate it. When you're within Bluetooth range of your smartphone or tablet, simply press and hold the button on TrackR Pixel to ring your device - even on silent.
Alexa Skill: The TrackR app is now integrated with Alexa enabled devices, like the Amazon Echo (sold separately). Alexa integration allows you to ask Alexa to find and ring your Apple iOS or Android device through the TrackR app.
Family Sharing: TrackR Pixels can be shared with family and friends, as long as those you are sharing with have a compatible Apple iOS or Android device and have downloaded the free TrackR app. Family Sharing lets you share TrackR devices with multiple people. However, you cannot connect two Apple iOS or Android devices to one TrackR Pixel simultaneously. Set up a group and connect everyone to the TV remote, a tablet, or even the family pet.
Crowd Locater: The TrackR Pixel does not use GPS technology. Instead, it uses Crowd Locate, special crowd-sourced technology that will help you recover your lost items safely and securely, at no additional cost to you. If you lose your item outside Bluetooth range (100'), TrackR's Crowd Locate network will automatically start looking for your item. When another TrackR app user comes within Bluetooth range of your lost item, its location will be automatically and anonymously updated in the TrackR app.
Note: When you open the TrackR app, you can see how many other users are in your area. The number of users displayed on the app are within 30 miles of your current location.
Replaceable Battery: The TrackR Pixel is powered by a user-replaceable CR2016 3V lithium "coin-type" battery. Battery life depends on usage, with an average maximum of 1 year. The TrackR app lets you know when the battery is low and allows you to order a new one directly through the app. You can order new batteries through TrackR's Battery Replacement Program as well.
Mounting Options: The TrackR Pixel attaches to your item (remote control, keys, wallet, purse, luggage, pet, bicycle, parked vehicle, and more) with the included two-sided tape or key-ring strap.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.