Reference over-ear headphones
Our take on the Denon AH-D7200 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Premium headphones from the sound specialists at Denon
Denon is best known for their home theater receivers, but they've released some killer headphones in the last few years. Look no further than the Denon AH-D7200 over-ears. They sport beautiful real-walnut earcups that are pleasant to the touch and lend a refreshing, natural acoustic character. Inside each 'cup, Denon's included large "FreeEdge" drivers that are a shining example of Japanese headphone engineering.
Built to emulate stereo loudspeakers, the dynamic drivers are suspended within a baffle system that adds spaciousness and lowers resonance. Extremely thin yet rigid diaphragms move swiftly back and forth within an extra-powerful magnetic field. The result is smooth, transparent mids and highs with deep, potent bass.
- closed-back design to block out external noise
- self-damping American walnut earcup housings for transparent, organic sound
- lightweight aluminum alloy earcup sliders and flexible headband for durability
- soft synthetic leather earpads and sheepskin headband padding
Denon's "FreeEdge" drivers:
- sturdy baffle and suspension system helps lower resonance
- tuned to a neutral, "speaker-like" presentation
- 50mm nano-fiber diaphragms are extra-light and rigid
- can start and stop quickly within super-powerful magnetic field
- smooth presentation across a wide frequency response
- powerful neodymium magnet array with magnetic flux density of 1 tesla
Accessories and General Info:
- 10.25-foot detachable 7N-purity copper cable terminated with a gold-plated 1/4" headphone plug
- designed for use with free Denon Audio app with custom EQ and streaming radio for Apple and Android devices
- frequency response: 5-55,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 105 dB
- impedance: 25 ohms
- weight: 16.8 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 10.25' Audio cable with two 3.5mm plugs (headphone side) and 1/4" plug (device side)
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.933" x 3.933"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-55k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Denon AH-D7200 Reference Over-Ear Headphones combine exceptional sound quality, premium materials, and craftsmanship to make this new reference headphone. These audiophile-quality headphones come with a detachable 10.25' Purity copper cable with gold-plated connectors, and a soft cleaning cloth.
Natural Walnut Ear Cups: The headphones feature 100% natural American Walnut ear cups that deliver a warm sound while eliminating unwanted resonances. The ear cups are self-damping and strong to give you great detail to your music.
Drivers: The AH-D7200 headphones feature 50mm advanced nano-fiber drivers with Denon's Free Edge technology. The diaphragms move in a precise pistonic motion for greater accuracy. The drivers are designed without the traditional diaphragm surround suspension, and deliver an extended frequency response to 55 kHz.
Construction: The AH-D7200s feature ergonomically curved lightweight diecast aluminum hangers. In addition to being highly rigid and durable, the hangers also swivel for maximum comfort. The headband is finished in real sheepskin leather, while the memory foam ear cushions feature a soft artificial leather covering. The headband is adjustable to accommodate varying head sizes, using positive ball-bearing click-stops and numbered markings to help you remember your personal setting.
Purity Copper Cable: The 10.25' detachable headphone cable is made of 7N-purity copper to Denon's specifications to ensure the best possible signal transfer. The cable has a fabric covering to lessen the contact noise. The machine-cut metal 1/4" plug has an ornamental copper ring.
- Type: Dynamic
- Driver Size: 50mm
- Input Impedance: 25Ω
- Sensitivity: 105dB/mW
- Maximum Input: 1800mW
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 55kHz
- Earcup Dimensions: Diameter 3.933" Depth 2.196"
- Weight: 16.8 ounces (including cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.