About the Denon DP-400
A turntable with visual flair
A turntable with visual flair
The Denon DP-400 has an interesting look — featuring a curved tonearm and a dust cover that doubles as an album stand — and it makes your favorite albums sound great, too. There's a built-in phono preamp, so you can connect directly to a stereo receiver or a pair of powered stereo speakers.
The turntable is semi-automatic, so you can put on a record and perform tasks around the house without worrying about what will happen when the needle reaches the end of a side.
- S-shaped tonearm optimizes tracking
- built-in phono preamp
- when switch is set to LINE, turntable must be connected to a standard line input (labeled AUX, CD, or TAPE)
- when switch is set to PHONO, turntable must be connected to an outboard phono preamp or dedicated phono input
- weighted, belt-driven platter
- tonearm lifts and platter stops spinning at the end of a side
- user must select "automatic stop" using button on rear of turntable
- tonearm must be manually returned to rest
- dual-purpose dust cover also acts as album display stand
- replaceable moving magnet cartridge included
- solid base construction reduces unwanted vibrations
- three speeds: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, and 78 rpm
- 78 rpm playback of some older pressings requires Audio-Technica VM670SP or similar stylus (stylus not included)
- signal to noise ratio: 62 dB
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-1/4"W x 5-1/4"H x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 12.4 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # DP400BKEM
What's in the box:
- Turntable w/ tonearm
- Headshell w/ cartridge
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- 5 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU/AU/JA)
- 45 RPM adapter
- 39" Stereo RCA cable w/ ground wire
- Dust cover
- Dust cover stand
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Customer reviews for Denon DP-400
Average review:4.5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon DP-400
Features & specs
|Speeds||33-1/3, 45, 78|
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||S-shaped|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||DSN-85 stylus|
|Tracking Weight||2.0 g (19.6mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||62|
|Wow and Flutter||0.1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||N/A|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||N/A|
Weighted, Belt-Driven Platter: The Denon DP-400 turntable features a weighted, belt-driven platter that provides precision playback of your vinyl records that is faithful to the original recording.
- Speed Selector: The DP-400 turntable supports playback at 33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm and 78 rpm (the record rpm is normally indicated on the jacket or label of the record). It easily plays your entire vinyl collection with a precision. 78 RPM records require an additional cartridge that is not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
- Auto Sense: Integrated auto sensor accurately controls the platter, preventing unwanted speed fluctuations during playback so you can enjoy audio reproduction exactly as the artist intended.
Solid-Built Construction: The turntable's solid-built construction offers both the strength and high-density needed to reproduce detailed, resonance-free music. Thick cabinet walls and a weighted platter provide the optimal surface for your vinyl collection, reducing external vibration.
Specially Engineered Tone-Arm: The Denon DP-400 turntable features a carefully engineered curved, horizontal tracking angled tone-arm with auto-lift and playback stop. When the vinyl reaches the end of playback, the tone-arm auto-lifts 10 seconds prior to the groove end, preserving the excellent condition of your album (you will still need to manually return the tonearm to its rest). The curved tone-arm design also reduces harmonic distortion, ensuring a crystal clear sonic signal every time you listen. A counterweight is included and will need to be installed on the tone-arm.
MM or MC Cartridge Compatible: The Denon DP-400 includes an MM cartridge for more precise listening and added musical detail. If you prefer listening via an MC cartridge, you can easily swap out the existing MM cartridge to fit your audio preferences. The included MM cartridge does not come pre-installed on the tone-arm; you will need to install the MM cartridge headshell onto the tone-arm.
Built-In Phono Equalizer Preamp: This turntable has a built-in phono equalizer preamp that enables record playback when connected to receivers and integrated amps with external audio inputs, but no dedicated Phono input. The turntable's built-in phono equalizer creates an open, enveloping sound stage that brings to life your vinyl collection while staying true to the original recording.
RCA Outputs: The DP-400 turntable features a set of stereo RCA outputs to connect to your receiver or integrated amplifier using a set of stereo RCA cables. A 39" stereo RCA cable is included.
Removable Dual-Purpose Dust Cover: The included removable dust cover features a modern design, elevating the overall aesthetic of the DP-400 turntable, while also eliminating vibration issues that affect music quality associated with attached or hinged covers. The dust cover must be removed during playback of records. Doubling as a display stand for your album cover, you can place the dust cover upright on the included base and show it of proudly to family & friends.
Auto Stop/Power Off Function: When the Automatic Stop is turned on, the tone arm automatically raises after playback ends and the turntable stops. This keeps the turntable from continuing to turn and cause stylus wear should you accidentally fall asleep while listening to a record. The power will turn off approximately 20 minutes after the turntable stops. Use the power/rpm switch knob to restart playback.
14 questions already asked