Garmin vivosmart 4
Activity tracker with heart rate monitor (Small/medium - Black/Midnight)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Garmin vivosmart 4 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Track your life, not just steps
The first activity trackers were pretty bare-boned. They tracked steps, maybe did some sleep monitoring, and that was about it. As an active triathlete and ultrarunner, I've watched with interest as Garmin has complemented their line of running and multisport watches with ever more capable activity trackers that incorporate heart rate monitors and other useful fitness tools. Their vivosmart 4 activity tracker is the next step in the evolution of these devices.
Heart rate data plus Pulse Ox monitoring
HR+'s Elevate™ technology measures heart rate at the wrist, so you won't need a heart rate strap on your chest. This data lets vivosmart 4 monitor your fitness on a daily basis, plus provides a baseline for calculating your VO2 max levels and other fitness metrics. Vivosmart 4 also adds wrist-base Pulse Ox measurements to help you monitor how well your body is absorbing oxygen, both at rest and during exercise.
vivosmart utilizes your heart rate variability to gauge the level of stress your body is experiencing. And the Relax Reminder feature will track your stress and send an alert to let you know it's time to chill and take a few deep breaths with the built-in relaxation breathing timer.
Advanced smartphone integration
This Garmin pairs with your smartphone to transfer data automatically to the Garmin Connect™ app, so you can track your progress, join online challenges, earn virtual badges, or just compare notes with family and friends. And the smart notifications feature will alert you with a gentle vibration when you receive a text, email, or phone call. If you've got an Android phone, you can even set up preset text responses so you can answer without interrupting your workout.
This Garmin does a lot of the nuts-and-bolts things you expect from a fitness tracker, like counting steps, floors climbed, and calories burned. But when you pump some free weights or sit down at the weight machine, vivosmart 4 will track your sets and reps — no more pencil scratching in a sweaty notebook. vivosmart even includes trackers for pool swims, so you can skip the tedium of counting laps. The data even gets automatically pushed to Garmin Connect™ so you can review or share it later.
Stay charged up
Garmin uses a combo of measurements — sleep, heart rate variability, activity, and stress — to keep track of your energy reserves, so you'll know when it's the right time to hit the gym, or the right time to hit the sack. Body Battery energy monitoring will help you optimize your workouts to get the most out of your activities.
A stylish addition to your lifestyle
The crystal-clear OLED touchscreen makes this Garmin easy to use — just touch and swipe the screen if you want to read or change settings. And there are a variety of different colors you can choose from to match your taste. You can also control select music players on your smartphone, or even take charge of a Garmin VIRB action camera when you're recording an epic adventure.
- smart activity tracker with HR monitor
- built-in heart rate monitor with heart rate based calorie computation
- Pulse Ox² sensor gauges blood oxygen saturation levels
- OLED touchscreen display (0.70" x 0.26")
- fitness monitoring tools, including all-day stress tracking, relaxation breathing timer, VO2 max, Body Battery energy monitor
- activity timers for walks, runs, strength training, yoga, pool swims and more
- vibration alerts for texts, emails, and phone calls from paired Bluetooth devices
- measures steps, stairs climbed, activity intensity, calories, and distance
- music control of select smartphone music players
- VIRB® control
- wirelessly syncs with Garmin Connect online community
- inactivity alert
- band size: fits 4.8"-7.4" (small/medium); 5.8"-8.5" (large)
- rechargeable lithium battery, up to 7 days between charges
- safe for swimming
- weight: 20.4 gm (small/medium); 21.5 gm (large)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Garmin vivosmart 4 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):