PreSonus Temblor T10
Powered 10" studio subwoofer
Our take on the PreSonus Temblor T10 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The sub that fits in
PreSonus designed the Temblor T10 subwoofer to complement your monitors without overshadowing them. Match the T10 with your Eris E5 or Eris E8 speakers, and you're adding a powerful but musical low end to your mix. The Temblor is designed to deliver fast and accurate transient response, extending low frequencies without booming or getting sloppy.
Packed with features, but easy on the wallet
The back panel of the T10 is jammed with inputs and outputs, allowing you to integrate it into an existing system with ease. Connect the T10 with your full-range monitor setup via XLR, 1/4" TRS or unbalanced RCA jacks. Stereo output is passed along via stereo XLR or TRS jacks, and a switchable highpass filter can remove low-frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the T10 outputs to the main monitors, so your overall sound is cleaner. An additional mono XLR connection for adding a second subwoofer if needed. Variable input gain, a low pass filter knob, and an included sub bypass footswitch give you plenty of flexibility in the studio. Plenty of options, with a price tag that won't give you sticker shock.
- 170-watt RMS Class AB amplifier
- 10" glass-composite woofer
- bass-reflex cabinet with front-firing port
- peak SPL: 113 dB
- frequency range: 20-200 Hz
- balanced L/R XLR pair
- balanced 1/4" TRS pair
- unbalanced RCA pair
- balanced L/R XLR pair
- balanced 1/4" TRS pair
- additional single XLR output for connecting a second T10 subwoofer
- connection for included subwoofer bypass switch
- continuously variable -30 to +6 dB input gain
- continuously variable low pass filter (50-130 Hz)
- switchable high pass filter at 80 Hz (for main outputs)
- polarity invert switch
- ground lift switch
- integrated rubber feet for stable placement
- 12-5/8"W x 15-3/4"H x 15-3/4" D
- weight: 39.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered studio monitor sub
- AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
Great purchase! Definitely a must have.
Ozzie M., elgin, IL
PreSonus Temblor T10 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Powered Studio Monitor Sub: The Presonus Temblor T10 lets you take charge of the low-frequency foundation of your mix with a combination of quality components and design, plenty of inputs and outputs, and extensive user controls Powerful and musical, Temblor features high-quality components and design that enable it to deliver fast, accurate transient response and extended low frequencies.
Note: An ideal companion to the Presonus Eris and Sceptre active reference monitors (sold separately), the T10 complements full-range monitors without overshadowing them, extending the reach of your full-range system's low end with a musical and natural approach.
10" Woofer: The Temblor T10 is an active subwoofer with a 10" glass-composite driver, high-temperature voice coil, and damped rubber surround. This woofer design offers outstanding accuracy and a frequency response that ranges from 20Hz to 130Hz.
250W Class AB Amp: The 10" woofer is powered by a built-in 250 watt Class AB amplifier for dynamic, rich, deep, and real bass.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: Its cabinet features a front-firing, bass-reflex acoustic port and optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing. The ported enclosure helps enable the subwoofer to produce higher volume (up to 113 dB SPL) with less power than a sealed-box design.
Controls: The T10 provides a variety of user controls, enabling seamless integration into your listening environment. The Temblor T10's extensive user controls include input gain (-30dB to +6dB, continuously variable) and a continuously variable low-pass filter (50Hz to 130Hz) that let you create a seamless crossover transition between your full-range studio monitors and subwoofer for a more accurate listening environment. A switchable high-pass filter removes frequency content below 80Hz from the full-range signal sent from the T10 outputs to the main monitors, avoiding destructive cancellation and reinforcement in the T10's upper range. There is also a Polarity switch which reverses the polarity of the summed input signal. Enabling the ground lift switch can help to reduce ground loop noise in your audio system.
Note: The T10 also features a momentary footswitch (included) that bypasses the subwoofer, high-pass filter, and Sub Out. This allows your audio source signal to pass directly through the Temblor T10 to the full-range studio monitors, making comparing your mix with or without sub frequencies quick and easy. This helps to ensure your mix will sound good on a wide variety of systems.
Connections: The Presonus Temblor T10 is fitted with a selection of inputs and outputs for flexibility when connecting your system.
- Inputs: The Temblor T10 provides a choice of three input pairs; two sets of balanced inputs (XLR and 1/4" TRS) and one pair of RCA unbalanced inputs. Pairs of inputs are provided in order to accept a stereo signal from your audio source. When both of the balanced connections are in use, the TRS inputs will take precedence over the XLR inputs. The RCA inputs will sum into either balanced connection.
- Outputs: You get two pairs of balanced outputs; XLR and 1/4" TRS. The full-range signal connected to the stereo inputs on the T10 is passed through to these outputs so you can connect them to your main left and right studio monitors. If the High Pass Filter switch is engaged, frequencies below 80Hz are not sent from these outputs. The T10 also has a balanced XLR output that sends the low-frequency signal from the low-pass filter to a second Temblor T10 for the ultimate in smooth low end.
Placement: The enclosure has integrated rubber feet for stable placement.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.