Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough and MusicCast
From Yamaha: YAS-706 Soundbar with MusicCast
Yamaha YAS-706 - Easily control your MusicCast multi-room system with free app for your phone or tablet
Yamaha YAS-706 - Subwoofer connects wirelessly for flexible placement (must be plugged into an AC outlet)
Our take on the Yamaha YAS-706 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The solid, high-powered Yamaha YAS-706 sound bar can cut through the acoustic challenges of an open floor setup.
A home theater system with a musical touch
I can't exactly call the Yamaha YAS-706 a "music-first" sound bar — it does offer 4K TV connections and simulated 7.1 surround sound, after all. But those of us who use a sound bar for both TV watching and for listening to tunes will appreciate this punchy, powerful system. Yamaha's substantial driver array delivers dynamic, full-range sound for your favorite songs, shows, and movies.
And the explosive subwoofer hits as hard for a funky bass line as it does for a thrilling car chase. The sub communicates with the bar wirelessly to give you some placement flexibility.
Control all your tunes with MusicCast
Another reason I recommend this bar for music? Yamaha's MusicCast streaming technology is built-in. This wireless system puts your entire library of digital tunes at your fingertips — including high-res downloads and streaming services like Spotify. It also offers flexible options for expanding into other rooms with additional MusicCast components and speakers.
It all starts with the free app, available for Apple® and Android™. It's my favorite multi-room app at the moment, thanks to its intuitive layout and feel. User-friendly graphics make it easy to select rooms, pick music services, and adjust volume. You can even substitute your own images to make the menu more personal.
Send or receive Bluetooth®
Built-in two-way Bluetooth lets you stream audio from any app on your phone through the MusicCast system. You can also send audio from the sound bar to other Bluetooth-enabled audio players, like wireless headphones — convenient when you're watching late night movies or ballgames.
- virtual 7.1-channel surround sound
- connects to your Wi-Fi network and Yamaha's MusicCast wireless whole home music system
- 210 watts of built-in amplification
- eight built-in drivers:
- four 3/4" balanced dome tweeters
- two 2-1/8" midrange drivers
- two 3" cone woofers
- bass port enhances low-frequency response
- Dolby Digital® and DTS® decoding
- Yamaha's Air Surround Xtreme produces a spacious, immersive listening experience
- 5 listening modes: Music, Movie, TV Program, Sports, and Game
- Clear Voice mode for clearer, louder dialogue with movies and shows
- rests on a TV stand or can be mounted on a wall (hardware not included)
- includes remote control with independent subwoofer volume
- 37-5/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 5-1/8"D
- weight: 11 lbs.
- 5-1/2" cone woofer
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- 75-watt (RMS) built-in amplifier
- 11-5/8"W x 11-11/16"H x 12-1/8"D
- weight: 20 lbs.
MusicCast wireless multi-room music system:
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- also sends audio wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled speakers or headphones
- free MusicCast app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple or Android device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, Pandora®, SiriusXM, and thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- connects wirelessly to other Yamaha speakers and components with MusicCast to play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Compressed Music Enhancer for smoothing out the sound of over-compressed MP3 files
- Apple AirPlay® for streaming from compatible Apple devices and computers running iTunes®
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- supports 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi® (2.4 GHz)
Connections and General Info:
- HDMI switching: 2 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility for 4K broadcast and streaming content
- HDR-ready (compatible with HDR10 format only)
- digital audio inputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 1 RCA stereo analog input
- subwoofer output for adding your own powered subwoofer (included subwoofer connects wirelessly)
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker (YAS-CU706)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (NS-WSW121)
- Remote control (FSR89 ZU84620)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' Optical digital cable
- 2 Spacers
- Self-adhesive strip
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Owner's Manual/Important Safety Instructions
- Quick Start Guide
- MusicCast Setup Guide
- Wall-mount template
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
- Spotify brochure
- Yamaha MusicCast brochure
- "Yamaha Worldwide Representative Offices" note
Sounds great, looks good and the price is right. Only complaint is that whenever you turn off the tv and turn it on again the input on the bar has to be changed back to the hdmi. Not sure if there's a fox, haven't had time yet to look into it.
Mike, Tinton Falls, NJ
Yamaha YAS-706 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter||0.75" Dome (4)|
|Midrange||2.125" Cone (2)|
|Woofer||3" Cone (2)|
|Subwoofer Driver||5.25" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||7.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||Yes|
|HDR Video Compatible||HDR10|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|System Frequency Response||40-23k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||210|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||75|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-13/16H x 37-5/16W x 5-1/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||11 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||11-11/16H x 11-5/8W x 12-1/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||20 lbs|
Active Soundbar: Employing eight speaker drivers (four 0.75" tweeters, two 2.125" midrange drivers, & two 3" bass woofers), plus two bass reflex ports, the active soundbar delivers immersive and well-balanced sound. The soundbar features separate built-in amps (210W total) for the high, mid, and low frequency drivers. These dedicated amps reduce interference, allowing the sound bar to produce exceptionally clear sound.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered sub works with the soundbar's built-in woofers to produce remarkably rich, deep bass. The wireless powered sub's front-firing 5.5" cone woofer and built-in 75W amplifier delivers powerful, high-quality bass sound. You can adjust the volume level of the powered sub independently from the soundbar speaker system's overall volume level. The wireless powered sub eliminates the need to connect cables, so setup and placement are faster and easier (AC power cord connection is still required).
Note: The soundbar also features a mono-RCA sub output if you choose to connect the included powered subwoofer with an optional subwoofer cable (sold separately), instead of wirelessly.
Air Surround Xtreme: Yamaha's exclusive Air Surround Xtreme technology reproduces virtual 7.1-channel surround sound with excellent imaging and rich presence far superior to many other virtual surround technologies. You'll experience an extremely realistic and impressive soundfield with clear dialog in the front and dynamic sound action effects from behind.
HD Audio Decoding: The YAS-706 decodes HD Audio signals to ensure that you hear the best possible sound from Blu-ray Disc players, as well as from all other digital audio sources. It offers HDMI (2 in/1 out), digital (1 optical in/1 coaxial in), and analog (stereo RCA) connectivity. The YAS-706 supports the following digital audio formats.
Digital Audio Connector Audio Signal Type Audio Signal Format HDMI 2Ch Linear PCM 2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit Multichannel Linear PCM 8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit Bitstream Dolby Digital, DTS High Definition Audio Bitstream Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express Optical/Coaxial 2Ch Linear PCM 2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit Bitstream Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES,
- Because with many TVs, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable box, or Game system to the Yamaha soundbar directly; and then connect the YAS-706's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
- The digital optical output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
5 Sound Programs: The YAS-706 offers a choice of five sound programs that enhance different types of content to give you a greater sense of enjoyment. Choose from Music, Movie, TV Program, Sports, or Game.
Clear Voice: Human voices, such as dialog in TV shows and movies, news, and sports commentary are played back with extra clarity. This technology enhances the acoustic characteristics of speech and increases the perceived volume level, while still maintaining the quality of the soundtrack's background sound & effects.
Compressed Music Enhancer: The Compressed Music Enhancer restores frequency response lost during digital compression, so your music sounds the way it should. It is optimized for Bluetooth audio transmission for vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback. The function engages automatically when a compressed source is played.
Dynamic Range: This feature adjusts the system's dynamic range (difference between maximum and minimum volumes). Choose from Min/Auto, Standard, or Max (default).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar speaker system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
HDMI 2.0a: The Yamaha YAS-706's soundbar is fitted with two HDMI inputs and one ARC-enabled HDMI output. The HDMI jacks support the latest HDMI 2.0a standards.
4K/60Hz Pass-Through: The YAS-706 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signal.
HDCP 2.2 Compatible: All of the soundbar speaker system's HDMI inputs and output support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The YAS-706's HDMI jacks also support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. When playing 4K video select Mode 1 or Mode 2 according the the video signal format.
- Mode: 1: 4K (60Hz/50Hz) video signals are input and output in 4:4:4:, 4:2:2, or 4:2:0 format. Depending upon the source device connected or the HDMI cable used, video may not be displayed correctly (should this occur, select Mode 2).
- Mode 2 (default): 4K (60Hz/50Hz) video signals are input and output in 4:2:0 format only.
Note: When Mode 1 is select, use a high-speed HDMI cable that supports bandwidth of 18 Gbps or better.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video): HDR (High Dynamic Range) video provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The 4K Video Mode should be set to Mode 1.
x.v.Color: The Yamaha YAS-706 soundbar speaker system supports x.v.Color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the x.v.Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Deep Color: The YAS-706 also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed.
3D Ready: The Yamaha soundbar speaker system's HDMI connectivity supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
Auto Lip-Sync: The soundbar speaker system automatically adjusts the delay in output timing between video signals and audio signals so they match when you are watching a movie. You can also manually adjust the audio delay between 0 to 500 ms.
MusicCast: The Yamaha YAS-706 is part of Yamaha's MusicCast multiroom audio eco-system. MusicCast from Yamaha, brings music to every room in your home wirelessly with control provided by a free app on your Apple iOS or Android device. Designed to easily work with your existing home WiFi network, MusicCast offers access to a huge range of audio content. This content includes select online music services, Internet radio, digital music libraries, and Bluetooth audio; as well as connected external sources such as TVs, cable/satellite boxes, Blu-ray/DVD Disc players, and CD/SACD players. MusicCast can even select terrestrial AM/FM radio stations for playback throughout the home when linked to a tuner-enabled MusicCast device (like an AV receiver). MusicCast is enabled on many 2015-up Yamaha components like this soundbar speaker system, plus their AV receivers, wireless speakers, and other HiFi components.
Note: Yamaha's new MusicCast system is not compatible with Yamaha's old MusicCAST system.
Multiroom Audio: Start with the Yamaha YAS-706 system in your living room or bedroom and add other MusicCast products from Yamaha (like wireless speakers, AV receiver, and HiFi systems ) over time to create a multiroom audio, whole-house experience. Up to 10 MusicCast devices can be connected.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Yamaha MusicCast YAS-706 supports both WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz) and wired Ethernet (RJ-45) connections, so you can choose to build a wireless or wired network, or a combination of both if desired. Network setup is completed through the free MusicCast app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: If you want to install a MusicCast device to a location that is out of range of your wireless router, connect another MusicCast device to the router with a network cable to extend the range ("Extend Mode").
MusicCast App: The free MusicCast app can be downloaded for Apple (iOS 7.1+) iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android (OS4.1+) smartphones/tablets. The MusicCast app puts control of your whole home listening experience in the palm of your hand from your Apple iOS or Android device. You'll be able to quickly select the room or rooms you want to listen to music in, select the source or sources you want to listen to, browse music content from your music library and online music services or Internet Radio, plus control music playback functions.
- Rooms: Choose which room or rooms you want to listen to music in. You can select a different source for each room, group certain rooms together for playback of the same source, or link all rooms together so the same source is played back throughout the house.
- Source Selection: From the app you can select which source or sources you want to listen to; choose from network-connected devices, select online music services, Internet Radio or Bluetooth for the YAS-706. You can also select from the soundbar speaker system's HDMI, digital and analog inputs, plus TV audio.
- Music Browsing: You can browse music libraries from your network-connected devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop. You can also browse music content from select online music services and search Internet Radio stations from the MusicCast app.
- Playback & Song/Artist Info: From the MusicCast app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device you get Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track; as well as song/artist information and album art.
- Favorites: Internet radio stations, content from select online music services, plus playlists and songs from your network-connected device's music library can be saved as "Favorites" for quick recall within the MusicCast app.
- Sound Settings: From the MusicCast app you can select between CINEMA DSP modes, activate Clear Voice, and turn on the Compressed Music Enhancer.
- Personalization & Customization: With the app's unique personalization features, you can choose from preloaded room images or change the color of buttons to represent each room in the home, or even take pictures of their own home and assign the images to each button. The content source buttons can also be customized to rename, remove or reorder selections for easier operation.
High Resolution Audio: The Yamaha YAS-706 supports true high-resolution audio formats to deliver more accurate reproduction of sonic details. The soundbar speaker system is compatible with Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96kHz/24-bit, as well as FLAC and WAV music files up to 192kHz/24-bit. It also supports lower resolution music files like MP3, WMA, and AAC up to 48kHz.
|File||Sampling Frequency||Bit-rate or Bit-depth||Gapless Playback|
|MP3||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|WMA||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|AAC||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|WAV (PCM)||32-192 kHz||16/24-bit||Y|
Note: When multiple MusicCast devices are "linked" for multiroom audio playback, the Master room device's playback is at the native sampling rate (up to 192kHz/24-bit), while the other rooms and MusicCast devices down-converted to 48kHz.
Streaming Music Partners: MusicCast includes Pandora, Spotify Connect, Napster, and SiriusXM Internet Radio streaming services, as well as thousands of free local and international Internet radio stations from vTuner. TIDAL and Deezer will be available through a firmware update available in late spring of 2017.
|Pandora||Pandora is personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can create up to 100 stations and easily switch between your favorites.|
|Spotify Connect||With the Spotify app (premium account required) on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those same songs from your smartphone to the Yamaha AV receiver by using Spotify Connect; simply hit play on the app to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening to Spotify on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately begins to stream to the system for uninterrupted music enjoyment. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
| TIDAL |
(requires firmware update)
|Tidal is accessible through the Yamaha MusicCast app for Apple iOS & Android. TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.|
(requires firmware update)
|Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.|
|Napster||Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.|
|vTuner||You can also listen to Internet radio stations using the vTuner Internet Radio Station database service particularly customized for this unit, providing a database of numerous radio stations around the world. You can search for Internet Radio stations by Location, Genre, New, Popular, or Podcast.|
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the Yamaha MusicCast YAS-706 system, over your home's WiFi network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music and music apps on your device to the Yamaha MusicCast speaker. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the MusicCast speaker.
Note: AirPlay is not available for multiroom audio playback.
DLNA: The MusicCast YAS-706 system supports DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5, allowing access to DLNA-compatible Windows 7/8 computers (with Windows Media Player 11 or later) and network attached storage (NAS) devices. You'll be able to wirelessly stream the music libraries on your computer, laptop, or NAS to the Yamaha MusicCast speaker system.
Note: Digital Rights Management (DRM) content cannot be played back.
Bluetooth Audio: The Yamaha MusicCast YAS-706 offers built-in Bluetooth (v.2.1+EDR) for wireless music streaming & control. This allows you to stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the soundbar speaker system. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the YAS-706 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the soundbar speaker system offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Linked Playback Mode: With Linked Playback Mode, music streamed via Bluetooth to one MusicCast device can then be wirelessly streamed to multiple MusicCast devices for multiroom audio. Bluetooth is limited to the SBC codec during Linked Playback mode.
- Bluetooth Output: The Bluetooth Output feature allows you to wirelessly stream audio from a non-Bluetooth source of a MusicCast device to another Bluetooth speaker or headphones (regardless of manufacture), making it even more convenient to add the MusicCast eco-system to your existing audio gear. Bluetooth is limited to the SBC codec during "Bluetooth Output" Playback mode.
IR Remote: The YAS-706 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system. The remote is not programmable and your TV's remote cannot be programmed to control the YAS-706. However, the system does offer HDMI control (see below).
HDMI Control: You can also use your TV's remote control to operate this system, if your television supports the HDMI control function and is connected to the soundbar speaker system's HDMI output. The soundbar speaker system will automatically select the input according to the input source setting on your TV. You will also be able to turn on/off the soundbar speaker system with your television.
OSD (On-Screen Display): A convenient on-screen display provides menu setup and audio adjustments. On-screen menu text can set to English, French, or Spanish.
Alexa Compatible (Firmware Update Required): Alexa-enabled devices (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show) will soon be able to control key functions of a MusicCast system using voice commands. A firmware update (available sometime in October), will be available for download that allows key functions of MusicCast products to be controlled using your voice through Alexa-enabled devices (sold separately).
- Alexa Skill: The MusicCast skill for Alexa will allow you to power MusicCast products on and off, control basic playback functions, make selections from a playlist of favorite music, adjust the volume, and use the Link function for playback of multiple MusicCast products simultaneously.
- Echo Source Input: In addition or alternatively, an Echo device can be used as a music/audio source for a MusicCast system. All MusicCast devices offer a Bluetooth input. Just pair your Echo, Echo Dot or Echo Show with any MusicCast wireless speaker, sound bar or AV receiver and the sound will play from the MusicCast device. Using the MusicCast app, you can then select the Bluetooth input and link multiple MusicCast devices for playback, allowing you to hear it throughout your home. Many MusicCast products also offer inputs which can be connected to Echo Dot via its line output, if a wired connection is preferred over Bluetooth. This requires using an optional analog audio cable (sold separately). Using the MusicCast app, you can select the wired input and link multiple MusicCast devices for playback, allowing you to hear sound from Echo Dot throughout your home.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate certain functions of your MusicCast products via voice-command. The MusicCast components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Auto Power Standby: Enabling the Auto Power Standby function prevents the system from remaining on when not in use. The system will automatically turn off if there is no operation for 8 hours, or there is no audio input signal and no operation for 20 minutes.
Firmware Updates: New firmware updates that provide additional features or product improvements will be released by Yamaha in the future. If the soundbar speaker system is connected to the Internet, you can download the firmware via the network and update it. If the soundbar speaker system is not connected to the Internet, you can download the latest firmware update from the Yamaha Website to a USB thumbdrive, which can then be used to update the speaker's firmware.
Tabletop or Wall-Mount The Soundbar: At only 2.8125" tall, the soundbar fits neatly in front of most TVs or can be placed on the shelf of a TV stand. Its flexible orientation and built-in keyholes make it easy to wall-mount with a sleek look that perfectly complements almost any flat-panel TV. Sound equalization is automatically adjusted for tabletop or wall mount orientation.
Flexible Placement for Wireless Sub: The wireless powered subwoofer eliminates the need to connect cables, so setup and placement are faster and easier. You will still need to connect the powered sub's power cord to an AC outlet. The wireless sub can be positioned almost anywhere in the room (up to 50'). For best performance, it should be placed on the same wall as the soundbar.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
you recomended [ JOHN Aug 09, 2018 ]
Specialist recommendation [ James Jul 17, 2018 ]
Musiccast house [ PHILLIP Jul 01, 2018 ]
For my mother in law. My spoiled children couldn't bare with the TV speakers when they stay with her. [ Mario Jun 29, 2018 ]
Review on website and features. [ Kenneth Apr 01, 2018 ]
Good reviews in Techhive. [ Charles Nov 22, 2017 ]
Guidance from superior staff at Crutchfield. [ Andrew Mar 20, 2017 ]
I was looking for a high quality sound bar to optimize sound from my new 4K TV. Full inputs for HD devices and wireless subwoofer at a price I could stomach. [ Kevin Feb 23, 2017 ]
Past experiences with the brand. Online reviews... [ Richard Feb 13, 2017 ]
I was looking for a soundbar with 4k HDR pass through. Your support team guided me to look at this model. [ David Jan 23, 2017 ]
3 questions already asked
The speaker is covered by a 2 year manufacturer's warranty. We are an Authorized Retailer for every product we offer so, Yamaha will honor their warranty when you purchase from Crutchfield. [ Ryan Jun 29, 2018 ] Staff
Doubt it. The YAS-706 remote has specific keys for sound programs, and net radio. All kind of moot since you can use your Smart Phone to control easier and quicker. [ John Jun 09, 2018 ]
Not sure on that remote, but the sound bar is perfect for our outdoor movies. We can't turn it all the way up as it would be too loud for the neighborhood. No distortion of sound that I have noticed. [ Gary Jun 08, 2018 ]
the answer is NO [ GEORGE Jun 08, 2018 ]
No, you would need to turn the den speaker on in order to use other musiccast speakers. All musiccast speakers can work independently but you also have the option of linking other musiccast speakers so that you can synchronize the audio playing in the same or different rooms. You also have the option of leaving the speakers/soundbar on standby-power and that way your speakers are ready to connect directly to an audio source or link to another musiccast device without actually having to press the power button. Hope that helps. [ David Apr 30, 2018 ]
When you turn on the app and select the music source, it automatically turns on the sound bar. [ Jim Apr 28, 2018 ]
The sound bar is treated the same as all the other speakers, you don't have to have any "master" speaker on to use another one. [ Christopher Apr 28, 2018 ]
The music cast soundbar and speakers have a standby mode. You can turn them on via the app, very convenient. If unplugged or powered all the way down, you'll have to go in there to turn them on. [ Christopher Apr 28, 2018 ]
None of the MusicCast speakers have to be turned-on manually, incl. the sound bar. Once programed to your smartphone you simply tap the screen and it will turn-on remotely from anywhere within your home Wi-Fi network. Then you can link to any other MusicCast speaker via your phone to have all play the same program. With the sound bar you can also choose the sound program (TV, Music, etc.) via the phone. I am very satisfied with my new sound bar and have easily integrated it into my existing MusicCast Amp & aux. house speakers. [ John Apr 28, 2018 ]
Frequently Compared With
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough and MusicCast
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough and DTS Virtual:X®
TV sound bar/wireless music system