Sonus Faber Chameleon T
Floor-standing speaker with interchangeable side panels
From Sonus Faber: Chameleon Changing Side Panels
From Sonus Faber: Chameleon Speakers
Our take on the Sonus Faber Chameleon T by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Interchangeable side panels let you dress your Chameleon T speakers in your choice of Red, Black, Orange, Metallic Blue, Metallic Gray, or White.
Not just another face in the crowd
With its beautiful leather-wrapped enclosure and fine Italian craftsmanship, the Sonus faber Chameleon T floor-standing speaker makes a stunning addition to just about any space. In addition, they also feature interchangeable side panels that let you choose among six distinct colors to suit your décor. But this sleek tower isn't just another pretty face — its lifelike sound will make you make you sit up and say "wow."
Whether you're listening to a string quartet or watching the latest action flick, you'll hear clear, highly defined midrange and smooth, extended highs complemented by tight, tuneful bass. The Chameleon T is equally at home used as a stereo pair or as front left and right speakers in a multichannel home theater system with Sonus faber's Chameleon B bookshelf and Chameleon C center channel speakers.
Quality design inside and out
Each Chameleon T features dual 7" poly cone woofers so bass sounds deep, natural, and strong. A separate 6" poly cone driver delivers clear, open vocals and midrange frequencies. The smooth-sounding silk dome tweeter adds sparkle and musical detail without a trace of harshness. Soft, fine-grain leather covers the cabinet, and the drivers' flanges are trimmed with aluminum rings for an added bit of visual flair. Even around back, the quality is evident — Sonus faber finished off the Chameleon T with heavy-duty bi-wire/bi-amp capable speaker terminals that allow you to take full advantage of their performance capabilities.
Customize your Chameleons
Every pair of Chameleon T speakers includes a set of interchangeable side panels. Choose from six available colors to match your room décor. Plus, you can purchase additional colors for changing the look of your Chameleons to suit your mood or liven up your room. Swapping panels is easy and takes just a few seconds. Personal customization like this is a rare feature for speakers of this caliber, but it shows how dedicated Sonus faber is to creating speakers that will look just as beautiful in your room as they sound.
- interchangeable side panels let you customize the look of the speakers
- 1 set of panels in your choice of colors is included
- purchase additional side panels to mix or change colors
- frequency response: 38-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 40-300 watts
- 1-1/8" silk soft dome tweeter for smooth, detailed high-frequency response
- 6" polypropylene midrange
- two 7" polypropylene woofers for dynamic bass performance and linearity
- contemporary styling with leather-wrapped front, top, and back panels
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- magnetically attached cloth grilles
- dual heavy-duty binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- 10-11/16"W x 41-3/4"H x 14"D
- weight: 54 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One floor-standing speaker
- One speaker base
- 4 Spikes
- 4 Coins
- 4 Fixing screws
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Silent blocks (rubber rings)
- Black cloth mask (grille)
- Black cloth dust cover
- Owner's Manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
Sonus Faber Chameleon T Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Finish||Leather covered MDF|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||29mm (1.14")|
|Midrange Size (inches)||150mm (5.9")|
|Woofer Size (inches)||180mm (7.09")|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||Binding posts|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||38-25k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Overview: The Sonus faber Chameleon Collection offers interchangeable side panels to let you customize the look to suit your mood or decor. The side panels are available in six colors: white, black, red, orange, metallic gray, and metallic blue. The Chameleon speakers feature leather-covered MDF cabinets with aluminum side walls, and aluminum flanges around all of the drivers. The collection can be configured for stereo listening or for multi-channel home theater.
Note: One set of Chameleon side panels is included in the price of the speakers, but are not packaged in the speaker box. You will need to choose the color of your side panels when you order.
Chameleon T: The Chameleon T floor-standing speaker features a 3-way vented design with a front-firing port. The speaker cabinet sits on an MDF base, and is mounted at an angle for proper time alignment of the drivers. The Chameleon T comes with a cloth mask (grille) that attaches with magnets to the front of the speaker.
Note: The Chameleon T floor-standing speakers are sold individually.
Drivers: The Chameleon Collection's drivers are all designed by Sonus faber for this series. The Chameleon T is equipped with the following drivers:
- Tweeter: 29mm (1.14") high definition pre-coated fabric dome tweeter with no ferrofluid.
- Mid-woofer: 150mm (5.9") polypropylene cone mid-woofer. It has a free compression basket design for dynamic performance and linearity.
- Woofer: Dual 180mm (7.1") polypropylene cone woofers with a free compression basket design.
Crossover: The Chameleon T has a 250Hz / 2500 Hz three-way crossover.
Wiring Options: The Sonos faber Chameleon T speakers have two sets of binding post terminals--one for the tweeter and one for the mid-woofer. Metal bridges are placed on the terminals to connect the two positive terminals together and the two negative terminals together. This gives you three options for wiring the speakers:
- Mono Wiring: For mono wiring, the bridges should remain in place. Connect one speaker to the output terminals of the right channel of the amplifier, and the other speaker to the output terminals of the left channel of the amplifier.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring a speaker enhances the general overall quality of the sound, particularly in the bass frequencies. To bi-wire the speakers, the bridges should be removed. Two pairs of speaker wires will be needed to wire one pair of speakers, and each pair of terminals are connected separately to the amplifier.
- Bi-Amplification: Bi-amplification gives you greater dynamics and control over the sound, and allows you to separately increase or decrease the highs and the lows to suit your tastes. Bi-amping requires two stereo amplifiers and two pairs of speaker wires, and the bridges between the terminals should be removed. One amplifier is used to amplify the high frequencies of both left and right channels, with the wires connected to the high frequency terminals of each speaker. The second amplifier is used for the bass frequencies of both left and right channels, and the wires are connected to the low frequency terminals of each speaker.
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 25kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 90 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- Suggested Amplifier Power Output: 40W - 300W (without clipping)
- Dimensions: Width 10.68" Height 41.74" Depth 13.976"
- Weight: 54 pounds 0.2 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
They can be left off if you prefer. [ Ryan Aug 09, 2017 ] Staff