4-channel video surveillance system with 1TB DVR and four HD cameras
Our take on the Samsung SDH-B73043N by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Surveillance system for a home or small business
This system provides four high-def, weather-resistant bullet cameras to help you keep tabs on a home or business, indoors and out. The included 4-channel DVR supports the included HD cameras, and you'll have plenty of storage space for video, thanks to the 1TB surveillance-grade hard drive inside.
The included SDC-9443BCN cameras are very effective in low light, thanks to auto-activated infrared LED sensors that can pick up what's going on up to 82 feet away, even at night. The cameras also feature Samsung Super Dynamic Range, which helps lighten shadowed areas in your image without washing out the lighted parts. Even better, the wide-angle lens offers a broad 105° angle of view.
Keep an eye on things, wherever you are
With the help of Samsung's free iPOLis mobile app, you can view live video on your iOS® or Android™ tablet or smartphone, so you can keep an eye on things even when you're at a meeting, or out of town. Another free app, called Smart Viewer®, allows video monitoring from multiple cameras on a single screen.
- complete video surveillance kit with DVR and four HD indoor/outdoor bullet cameras
- email notifications can be sent when motion or camera tampering is detected
- Samsung's free iPOLis mobile app sends surveillance video to your iOS® or Android™ tablet or smartphone
- Smart Viewer® app allows video monitoring from multiple cameras on a single screen
- privacy masking function lets you tailor your monitoring to exclude sensitive areas
- 4-channel DVR supports included HD cameras
- real-time monitoring and recording at 1080p resolution
- 1TB hard drive for video storage
- separate administrator and work group password encryption
- mouse included
- 1 HDMI and 1 Ethernet cable included
- 11-13/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 8-11/16"D
- full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 1/2.7" 2-megapixel CMOS sensor
- clear infrared night imaging up to 82 feet away
- 105° wide-angle lens expands coverage without compromising quality
- Samsung Super Dynamic Range automatically lightens dark areas without altering brighter ones
- 60 feet of BNC cable included for each camera
- 2-3/4" diameter x 5-15/16" length
- weight: 11.5 oz. (each)
Connections and Warranty:
- 1 front and 1 rear USB port
- VGA and HDMI outputs for video monitoring
- Ethernet port
- RCA audio input and output
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 4-Channel Digital Video Recorder (SDR-B73300N)
- 4 Mini-bullet cameras (SDC-9443BCN) with attached 17" power/signal cable
- Four 60' lengths of power/signal cable (DC barrel and BNC connectors on each end)
- 12 Self-tapping screws (20mm length)
- 12 Plastic wall anchors
- Four 3mm Allen wrenches
- Optical mouse with 46" USB cable (Type A USB)
- Wireless remote control (EP10-000331A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 59" Network flat cable (RJ-45 plugs on each end)
- 5' HDMI cable
- AC adapter with attached 48" DC output cord (DC output: 12V 3.33A)
- 59" AC power cord (3-prong IEC plug)
- DC power adapter (1 in - 5 out) with 12" cable
- 2-pin RS-485 connector
- User Manuals on CD-ROM
- SmartViewer 4.8.0 software on CD-ROM
- 1080P AHD AIO on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- InstallerNet Install Card
- Notification sheet
- Samsung Warranty Certificate
- Package Contents list
Samsung SDH-B73043N Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Samsung SDH-B73043N Full HD Video Security System includes a 4-channel DVR (digital video recorder) with a built-in 1 TB HDD (hard disk drive), and four SDC-9443BCN Full HD weatherproof mini-bullet cameras. The DVR lets you simultaneously record video from up to 4 connected cameras. It has an HDMI port and a VGA port to let you monitor the system in real time. This system is ideal for use in home or retail settings.
1 TB Capacity: The SDR-V73300N DVR includes a built-in 1 TB surveillance-class SATA HDD (hard disk drive) that gives you thousands of hours of storage.
Operating System: The DVR has an embedded LINUX operating system to maintain stable operation.
Included Cameras: The DVR kit includes four SDC-9443BCN weatherproof mini-bullet cameras. The cameras feature IR LEDs for "night vision" up to 82' in total darkness. The package also includes four 60' lengths of cable (for power and video signal). Camera features include:
- Image Sensor: 2M 1/2.7" Color CMOS image sensor with a Full HD resolution of 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) effective pixels
- Scanning System: Progressive, 30 fps (NTSC)
- Maximum Transmission Length: Up to 180 feet
- IR Range: 82 feet (25 meters)
- Minimum Illumination: 0 Lux with IR LED on
- Lens: 3.6mm F2.1 lens with 88°H / 46°V / 105°D field of view
- Weatherproof Rating: IP66 rated for dust, wind, and moisture
- Operating Temperature Range: +14°F to +122°F, less than 90% relative humidity
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.701", Length 5.901" (including the base), Base Diameter 2.739"
- Weight: 11.5 ounces
DVR: The component-style DVR lets you monitor and record video (at up to 120 fps) from up to 4 remotely-mounted cameras. Four BNC video inputs are provided to plug in the cameras. The unit also has one audio input and one audio output for use with an optional microphone system. (The included cameras are not audio capable.) The system uses H.264 video encoding and G.711 audio encoding. You can simultaneously record to the hard disk, while playing back recorded video. The DVR comes with a full-featured wireless remote control.
Recording Modes: You can record any or all cameras manually, triggered by an event, or create a recording schedule. Events include motion detection anywhere on the screen, or within a customizable window, video loss (caused by camera disconnection), or tampering (change of camera's framing direction, blocked lens, or other overall change of scenes from the video). You can set a recording schedule for a specific date and time with specific start and end times. With each recording, you can set the resolution, frame rate, and recording quality for each channel.
Live Monitoring: You can monitor all 4 connected cameras at the same time, or any of the cameras individually. Single camera monitoring can be done in sequence, or selected manually. The DVR has an HDMI port to connect it to a TV, and a VGA port for connecting to a computer monitor. Both HDMI and VGA monitor signals can be output simultaneously. The video outputs have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 (HD), or 928 x 480 (WD1).
SmartViewer: The DVR supports real-time monitoring via a network connection. With Samsung's SmartViewer software (included), you can connect and control the system from your PC via a network connection. You can also search for, and playback recorded video remotely. SmartViewer is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8, as well as Mac OS X 10.7 / 10.9.
Mobile Viewer: Using Mobile Viewer management software, you can also view video from your security system on an iOS or Android tablet or smartphone using the free iPOLis Mobile app. The app is compatible with iPhone/iPad running iOS 5.1.1, 6.0, 6.0.2, 6.1, 7.0, 8.0 or later, as well as Android devices with version 2.3.5, 4.0.3, 4.1.2, 4.2, 4.3 and up. In addition to monitoring multiple cameras, you can also playback recorded video from the DVR.
Notifications: The system can send instant email notifications when motion is detected, or when cameras are tampered with. This allows you to respond instantly when unexpected events arise. When a camera is redirected, vandalized, or covered up, you are notified, and recording to the DVR automatically begins.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 zones per camera can be selected for privacy masking.
Pan Tilt Zoom: When PTZ-capable cameras are connected, you can set up each camera to pan and tilt up/down/left/right in a constant pattern, or when an alarm is triggered. You can also control the panning speed, zoom, focus, and iris. None of the included cameras are PTZ-capable.
Video Playback: When you are ready to play back recordings, you can search by time, type, or channel. Videos can be played back at normal speed, fast play, slow play, manual frame-by-frame playback, and reverse play. You can switch to the previous or next file, or any file in the current play list. If there are files from another channel recorded at the same time, you can immediately switch to that file. All channel synchronous real time playback is also available. In continuous play mode, the next file automatically plays when the current file ends.
Backup: The DVR allows you to backup your HDD to the PC where the program is currently running, or via the provided High Speed USB 2.0 port on the rear panel. You can use a flash drive, portable HDD, or a disk burner. The device should be formatted in FAT 32 format.
Connections: The DVR has the following connections:
- Front Panel: USB port (Type A) for connecting supplied optical mouse
- Rear Panel:
- Video In: BNC x4
- Audio In: RCA x1
- Audio Out: RCA x1
- VGA Output: Female DE-15
- HDMI: Full size
- LAN Port: RJ-45
- USB Port (Type A): High Speed USB 2.0 port for connecting mass storage hard disk backup
- RS-485: +/- connection for controlling PTZ-compatible camera
- Power Socket: DC 12V for supplied AC power adapter
- Lock: A port is provided for a optional Kensington-style anti-theft locking device to keep the DVR secure, even in public places.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Fits my needs the best and price [ KERRY May 05, 2018 ]
I liked it and chip helped me pick this one out. [ Christopher Apr 26, 2018 ]
Recommendation from installer [ Cherrie Nov 27, 2017 ]
2 questions already asked
I don't know I returned it because I could not get it to download samsungs app. [ Rich Jun 06, 2017 ]
Yes [ Trevor Jun 06, 2017 ]
My house is new construction and wires were already run by electrician therefor I don't know the answer to your question. We purchased this camera after wiring completed [ Amy Apr 14, 2017 ]
Easy to install with their wiring, but had trouble getting system to work. Sent it back, just don't like dealing with tech people fpr hours on the phone. [ Rich Apr 14, 2017 ]
That all depends on your home and how you want them routed. I have mine going all through the attic, but to connect to the DVR is just a simple BNC connector and power plug [ Trevor Apr 14, 2017 ]