Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute
High-performance cord-free handheld and stick vacuum cleaner
From Dyson: Cyclone V10 Absolute
From Dyson: V10 Motor Pioneering
Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute - Converts easily to a handheld vacuum for household and vehicle clean-up
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute comes with a soft roller cleaner head that gently but firmly cleans wood floors.
Powerful, versatile cleaning tool
Dyson vacuums are known for their power and convenience. The Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute makes short work of spills, allergens, and pet hair, and includes versatile accessories to help you clean each part of your home the right way.
It's Dyson's most powerful cordless vacuum yet, thanks to the Dyson digital motor V10, and the Absolute includes the ultra-efficient torque drive cleaner head and a soft roller cleaner head that firmly but gently cleans hardwood floors. The V10's fully sealed filtration system traps 99.97% of microscopic particles, so you and your family can breathe easy.
Efficient power usage
The V10 Absolute is powered by a seven-cell nickel-cobalt-aluminum battery that provides up to 60 minutes of powerful suction (35 minutes when using the motorized cleaning head). A three-position switch lets you choose the right amount of power required for the job at hand.
Great for the home and the car
The V10 Absolute functions as both a stick vacuum and a handheld portable unit. Because it's totally cordless, it's an awesome car vacuum. It makes short work of dirt, pet hair, and even rogue French fries.
The V10 is also nice for the hard-to-reach areas above window sills and underneath furniture. The included docking station mounts to the wall for convenient charging and storage.
Dyson included some accessories to help you clean in hard-to-reach parts of any room.
- The combination tool is convenient for picking up messes quickly on varying surfaces
- The crevice tool gives you a little extra length to help clean gaps between furniture or similar spaces
- The mini motorized tool is your best friend for picking up pet hair and ground-in dirt
- The soft dusting brush helps clean surfaces that need a lighter touch, like computer screens and window blinds
Wherever you need to clean, Dyson has an attachment that can help.
- high-performance rechargeable handheld/stick combo vacuum cleaner
- Dyson's most powerful cordless vacuum ever
- two motorized cleaner heads included
- torque drive cleaner head drives dirt from carpets
- soft roller cleaner head gently but firmly cleans wood floors
- fully sealed filtration system traps 99.97% of microscopic particles
- deep cleans carpets, hardwood floors, and upholstered furniture
- cord-free design makes moving from room to room easy
- includes quick-release combination tool, crevice tool, soft dusting brush, and mini motorized tool
- built-in nickel-cobalt-aluminum battery delivers up to 60 minutes of power
- three-position switch lets you choose the right level of power for any job
- quickly converts to a handheld vacuum for quick clean-ups or use in the car
- includes a wall-mount for easy storage and charging
- easy-empty bin helps keep dust down and your hands clean
- bin volume: .2 gallons
- 49-1/4"W x 9-1/2"H x 10-1/8"D
- weight: 5.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Cyclone V10 Absolute cordless vacuum head
- Mini Soft Dusting Brush
- Mini Motorized Tool
- Torque Drive Cleaner Head
- Soft Roller Cleaner Head
- Crevice tool
- Combination tool
- AC Battery Charger with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 30.45V 1.1A)
- Docking station base
- Docking station clear lid
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length 2")
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Operating Manual
- Docking Station Installation sheet
- Activate Your Warranty
Overview: The Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute is a cordless vacuum cleaner that is designed to clean floors, carpets, upholstery, and hard-to-reach places. It is powered by the Dyson digital motor V10, the smallest, lightest, and strongest Dyson produced to date. Its clear 0.2 gallon dust bin is 40% bigger than the V8 Absolute, allowing you to clean longer before needing to empty it. The vacuum weighs only 5.91 pounds, and is powered by a 25.2 volt, 2600mAh rechargeable battery. It comes with six attachments, and is covered by a 2-year limited warranty.
Digital Motor V10: The Dyson Digital Motor V10 rotates at up to 125,000 rpm to create the suction power of a big, corded vacuum. It has a new ceramic spinning shaft, cured at 1600°C, making it three times harder than steel with half of the density. Dyson's patented cyclone technology generates forces in excess of 79,000g in its 14 cyclones to pull microscopic particles into the bin. The air accelerates from 45mph to 120 mph inside the cyclones as the reach the narrowest points to create the centrifugal forces to capture fine particles.
Battery: The Cyclone V10 Absolute cordless vacuum is powered by a new 25.2 volt Nickel Cobalt rechargeable battery. It has 7 cells, one more than the V8 vacuum, which allows it to run at a higher voltage and generate more power. The battery charges in approximately 3.5 hours. A series of three LEDs indicate the level of battery charge, both as you're charging it and cleaning with it. The unit can be docked in the charging dock or connected directly to the AC adapter. The estimated battery life varies according to the operating mode:
|Operating Mode||Typical Uses||Estimated Battery Life |
(using non-motorized tools)
|● (low setting)||Light dusting, hard surfaces||Approximately 60 minutes|
|●● (mid setting)||Heavier soil, ground-in dirt, carpeted floors, upholstery||Approximately 35 minutes|
|MAX (high setting)||Difficult cleaning jobs, short bursts of extra suction||Less than 10 minutes|
Note: The use of motorized attachments decreases battery life more quickly.
In-line Design: The Dyson V8 vacuum's airflow followed a 90° path to the cyclones. The Dyson Cyclone V10 aligned the motor, bin, and cyclones into a straight line from the cleaner head to the cyclones. This increased the suction more than 20%, compared to the V8.
Filtration: The machine is equipped with an airtight gasket around the cyclone assembly, and an advanced filter with a high-quality rubber seal to prevent dust, bacteria, and allergens from leaking back into the air. The vacuum filters particles as small as 0.3 microns, retaining 99.97% of the dust it collects, and expelling cleaner air.
Balanced Cleaning: The Cyclone V10 Absolute is easy to use because it offers balanced cleaning, whether you're cleaning the floor or above the floor. The center of gravity is located towards the grip, which makes it easy to move the cleaning nozzle where it needs to go, especially when cleaning up high. When the motorized floor tool is attached, more weight is distributed toward the floor, giving you more balance as you maneuver the cleaning head around obstacles on the floor.
Dirt Ejector: The unit has a clear dirt bin with a volume of 0.2 gallons (approx. 1.6 pints). When the debris in the bin reaches the MAX level, it can be easily emptied. Pressing down a red lever releases the bin, allowing it to slide away from the center shaft. The door on the bottom of the bin opens to eject the dirt. Once emptied, the door and bin slide and click back into place.
Washable Filter: The Cyclone V10 Absolute has a single washable lifetime filter that easily twists off of the top of the motor for removal. It is recommended that the filter be washed with cold water at least once a month. It should be allowed to completely dry over a 24 hour period before reusing.
Docking Station: The Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute comes with a convenient, wall-mountable docking station. The included power supply plugs into the docking station, so the battery is being charged whenever the unit is docked. The docking station also includes storage for the Combination Tool and the Crevice Tool.
Blockage Indicator: The vacuum can detect if there is a something blocking the airflow through the machine. An LED Blockage Indicator will flash when a clog is detected. When this occurs, you should shut off the machine and search for the blockage in the cleaning head, wand, or bin inlet. The clear bin can also be removed so you can check the air inlet on the side of the cyclone for the blockage.
Attachments: The Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute comes with six attachments and a 27-1/4" extension wand. It can be used as a handheld vacuum for dusting, upholstery, or quick cleanups. Add the wand for floors, carpets, and for vacuuming blinds, walls/ceilings, and high or hard-to-reach areas. The Cyclone V10 Absolute include the following attachments:
- Torque Drive Cleaner Head: The Torque Drive cleaner head removes 25% more dust from carpets than the Direct Drive cleaner head on the V8 Absolute. The DC motor-driven brush bar has more torque to dislodge more dirt. It is equipped with stiff nylon bristles to remove ground-in dirt from carpets, and carbon fiber filaments to remove fine dust and allergens from hard floor surfaces. The bristles cover the width of the head, providing edge-to-edge cleaning. There's a 3-way switch on the front of the head for adjusting the suction: Normal, Maximum Suction, and Larger Debris. The head is only about 2-5/8" high, so you can clean under furniture.
- Soft Roller Cleaner Head: The motorized Soft Roller cleaner head is designed for hard floor surfaces. It has a full-width (8-3/4") roller of soft woven nylon with rows of anti-static carbon fiber filaments for picking up large debris as well as fine dust. The head is approximately 2-1/2" high for better clearance under furniture.
- Quick-release Mini Motorized Tool: The Mini-motorized tool is ideal for removing pet hair and other debris from small areas (stairs) and fabrics (chairs, sofas, upholstery). The powered mini-roller is 4-3/4" wide, and is equipped with carbon fiber bristles.
- Combination Tool: The non-powered Combination Tool is ideal for quick cleanups, and can be used with or without the extension wand. It has a 2" x 1" nozzle with long bristles you can slide and lock into place when needed. The nozzle and bristles are at a 45° angle for better coverage.
- Crevice Tool: The non-powered Crevice Tool allows you to get into narrow areas. The nozzle is 9-3/4" in overall length, with the last 7" narrowing down to 11/16" wide.
- Soft Dusting Brush: The Soft Dusting Brush features soft 1" bristles that are angled for wider coverage. This attachment is ideal for cleaning delicate electronics such as computer keyboards or TV screens, or dusting fine furniture.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
for a gift. Have the v8 and the use time increase is very good improvement. Bad review on site complaining of battery time is using on max - you hardly ever need that power [ Karen May 04, 2018 ]