7.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®. DTS:X, and HEOS
Our take on the Marantz SR5012 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Powerful sound for movies and music
A home theater receiver that handles music as well as it handles movie soundtracks is a wonderful thing, if you ask us. The Marantz SR5012 uses proprietary amplifier technology to maintain the utmost musical fidelity. Music sounds open, natural and detailed. And surround sound is enthralling, with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X adding an extra layer of immersion.
You'll get equally captivating video performance on compatible Ultra HD TVs, thanks to this receiver's advanced video processing with 4K upscaling.
Make the most of every music source
The SR5012 offers playback of high-resolution audio formats from a networked computer or USB thumb drive. Special processing cleans up lower-resolution audio formats, letting you get the most out of the ample streaming music choices you get through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, and Apple® AirPlay®.
Streamline your music with HEOS
Built-in HEOS technology lets you access all your music — from your personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL — through the SR5012.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
Customizable amp configurations let you set up the system you want
The SR5012's surround back channels can be used in whichever of four different configurations suits you best, starting with a standard 7.2-channel surround sound setup. You can use the surround back channels as height channels in a 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos setup, or to bi-amp your front speakers for more powerful sound. Or, you can set up a 5.2-channel surround sound system in your living room and use the surround back channels to power a pair of speakers in a second area like a kitchen or patio.
A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source in your home theater and in a second room, or on two different monitors in the same room.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Audyssey MultEQ app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and free internet radio streams with TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify® Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple® AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- MDAX2; (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander 2) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- amp assign function lets you use surround back speaker outputs for front height, Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- powered and line-level stereo outputs for 2nd room allow 5.2-channel sound in main room
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback technology for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 3 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo audio inputs
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB memory devices
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 6-3/8"H x 14-7/16"D (9-3/16"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 22.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC034SR)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Warranty Information
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- Spotify brochure
I have only been using this unit for a short time but appears to operate as expected. I did a lot of research before buying this unit and it has not let me down yet.
Don, Lexington, KY
Marantz SR5012 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
7-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz SR5012 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 7 channel amplifier is rated at 100 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
Amplifier Assignment: The SR5012's seven discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- Surround Back: The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured as Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, and Surround Back Left/Right for Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD 7.1ch playback.
- Front Height: The receiver's amplifier channels can also be configured as Front Left/Right, Front Height Left/Right, Center, and Surround Left/Right for more front effects during 7.1ch playback.
- Top Front/Middle: This amplifier configuration provides 5.1.2ch playback using top front or top middle speakers for Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
- Dolby Front/Surround: This amplifier configuration provides 5.1.2ch playback using front or surround Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
- Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). Receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround.
- Zone 2: The SR5012's amplifier channels can be configured as Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, and Zone 2 for Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1ch playback in the main zone and 2ch PCM playback in the second zone.
- Front B: A second set of front speakers can be powered by the surround back amplifier. Receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround
High Grade Audio Components: The Marantz SR5012 utilizes HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology & Current Feedback Topology to deliver superior audio fidelity.
- HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module): Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on our Reference Series components, the SR5012 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high resolution audio formats
- Current Feedback Topology: In addition to HDAM technology, the SR5012 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on our very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Advanced 32-Bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR5012 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz SR5012 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the SR5012 that lets you to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience.
- DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the SR5012 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Post Decoding Formats: The Marantz AV receiver supports Dolby Surround & DTS Neural:X to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats. It will also be able to support DTS Virtual:X through a future firmware update (no ETA).
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Virtual:X (via Future Firmware Update): DTS Virtual:X bridges the gap between DTS:X and the reality of so many consumers' homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. DTS Virtual:X can be used with any content (from 2ch to 5.1ch soundtracks), while delivering virtual height & virtual surround processing based on psychoacoustics (not reflective surfaces).
Audyssey Silver: The Marantz SR5012 features the Audyssey Silver suite of powerful DSP features; including MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ.
- MultEQ XT: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Direct Listening Modes: The Marantz SR5012 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz SR5012 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz SR5012 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Level Adjustments: The SR5012 provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The SR5012 offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0dB (80), -10dB (70), or -20dB (60) to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver features color-coded binding-post speaker terminals, 7.2ch pre-outs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the SR5012's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- 7.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. The dual sub outputs are non-discrete.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI 2.0b: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (including one conveniently located on the front-panel) and two HDMI outputs, the SR5012 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0b specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, & High Dynamic Range (HDR) The SR5012 also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: The SR5012 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output (pass-through only). It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver's rear-panel HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
HDR Compatibility: HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and HLG (via 2017 firmware update).
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG (via 2017 Firmware Update): HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision utilizes dynamic metadata which adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended. Dolby Vision supports 12-bit color and 10,000 nits.
4K Video Upconversion & Upscaling: The Marantz AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the SR5012 and then connect to your TV with just a single HDMI cable. Only the receiver's main HDMI output supports video upconversion.
Note: When composite or component video signals are used, only 480i video signals are converted to HDMI (up to 4K).
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's two HDMI outputs are parallel, so the same HDMI audio/video input signal is output through both and can be used simultaneously (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
Other HDMI Features: The Marantz SR5012 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D Ready: The SR5012 AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the SR5012's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Note: The receiver will support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) via a firmware update (no ETA yet). eARC will support uncomprerssed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio - where standard ARC was limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Component & Composite Video: The receiver features two composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output; supports up to 480i. There are also two component video inputs (60MHz) and one component video monitor output; supports up to 1080p.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The SR5012 is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it's not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes - Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Video Modes: You can set the video processing method to match the type of video content. Choose from Movie, Game, Auto, or Bypass.
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from Tuner or HEOS music apps.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz SR5012 receiver is fitted with an RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to HEOS music apps (like Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, etc), TuneIn, your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, as well as music content on your Windows PC or DLNA music server. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
TuneIn Internet Radio: The Marantz SR5012 includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the built-in TuneIn online music service. Simply select TuneIn from the receiver's on-screen menu using the included remote and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to you.
Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Marantz AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
HEOS Music Apps: With built-in HEOS technology and the HEOS app on your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 4.0 devices, you'll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services, plus the music library of your mobile device through the Marantz AV receiver.
- Online Music Services: Using the HEOS app, you'll be able to stream your favorite online music service like Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Napster, TuneIn, and Amazon Music. The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels.
- Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the Marantz AV receiver. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.
- Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too.
- If you prefer, HEOS supports multiple accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, or other online music account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The SR5012 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the SR5012's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz SR5012 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
AM/FM Tuner: The Marantz AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with 56 station auto-preset memory tuning. You can also set your presets manually. You can create an 8-character name for each preset station. You can even directly enter a station number using the receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz receiver up-to-date.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/96/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||32/44.1/48 kHz||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Note: The receiver's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones & tablets.
Apple AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
Built-in Bluetooth: The Marantz SR5012 features built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) with a 98' wireless range for music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.5). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, and more to the Marantz AV receiver. You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) using the receiver's remote. Advanced music operation and song/artist/album info will still be done from your Bluetooth source device. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be paired the SR5012, but only one device can be connected and used at a time.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marantz AV receiver.
Zone 2: Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via RCA line-level output or speaker-level output. When using the SR5012 to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier to power your Zone 2 speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources:
- Analog Audio Inputs,
- AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone)
- USB & Bluetooth
- Network sources (AirPlay, TuneIn Internet Radio, Spotify, Connect, HEOS Music apps, & DLNA); the same network source is played in Zone 1 and Zone 2
- Incompatible Sources:
- HDMI & Analog Video
- HDMI, Optical, & Coaxial digital audio
- DSD audio files
- Unfortunately, you cannot select USB, Bluetooth and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2.
All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types - analog, digital, or wireless). During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.HEOS Wireless Multiroom Audio: Built-in HEOS technology enables the SR5012 to become part of the HEOS by Denon wireless multi-room audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control all of your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the HEOS App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device over a wireless WiFi network connection. The HEOS system is a true multi-room audio system that automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple HEOS devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing. You can play the same audio source (other than your connected TV) in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
- Systems: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system by Denon can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network (IEEE 802.11 g/n; 2.4/5GHz).
- Sources: The following sources can be distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system - Receiver's analog inputs (HDMI & optical/coax digital not supported); built-in AM/FM tuner and TuneIn Internet Radio, HEOS music apps & Spotify Connect; Windows PC & DLNA music servers; Bluetooth & USB audio; plus music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. HEOS wireless multiroom audio does not support AirPlay.
- Groups: You can join or group up to eight individual speakers or amplifiers into a group of speakers that function as if they were a single speaker. The HEOS App is also flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 speakers/amplifiers per Group).
- Party Mode: You can easily group 16 rooms together into Party Mode by using a "pinch" gesture.
Note: The Marantz AV receiver only supports a single HEOS music stream. If you desire a second HEOS music stream through the receiver's multizone output, you will need to connect the HEOS Link to one of the AV receiver's analog inputs.
HDMI Monitor 2: The receiver's second HDMI monitor output lets you send the same HDMI audio/video input signal that is being played in the main zone to a second zone (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs).
AVR Remote App: The new Marantz AVR Remote App lets you control the Marantz SR5012 AV receiver using your Apple (iOS 7.0) or Android (OS 4.0+) device. From this free app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you'll be able to control the Marantz AV receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings. You'll also be able to control separate Zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the AV receiver's network and Internet content from the app. In addition, you get you get unique features likes a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a Marantz Blu-ray player.
- Landscape Orientation Control Screen: With a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
- Create Playlists: The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Next and Replace Queue" or "Add to End of Queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
- Marantz Blu-ray Player Control: The app allows control over select Marantz Blu-ray players (UD7007/5007) that are connected to the AV receiver via HDMI.
Note: This AV receiver is not compatible with last year's older Marantz Remote App.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App onto your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 4.0 device to enjoy HEOS functionality on the SR5012 receiver. Using your mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the AV receiver and your entire HEOS system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and analog inputs; as well as Bluetooth on the HEOS AVR. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Alexa Compatible (via firmware update): Through a network firmware update, HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show - all sold separately). Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
- For a list of current Alexa voice commands supported by the HEOS HomeEntertainment Skill, click here. For setup instructions, click here.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate your HEOS products via voice-command. Youre HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
MultEQ Editor App: Download the MultEQ Editor App onto your Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.0+ devices for further sound customization and detailed tuning to more precisely tailor the sound to your room and personal preferences. This app lets you view the speaker detection results to check correct installation, view before and after results of the Audyssey calibration making it easy to identify room problems, edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes, adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair, switch between 2 high frequency roll-off target curves, enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother, as well as save and load calibration results.
IR Remote: The Marantz SR5012 comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the AV receiver. The SR5012's can also be used to control select external audio/video components connected via HDMI which support HDMI control. The receiver can even be controlled by your HDMI connected Smart TV.
- HDMI-CEC: When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or Blu-ray player compatible with the SR5012's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the SR5012's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
- Smart TV Control: When you connect the SR5012 to your Smart TV, you have the option of controlling the SR5012 via the TV's remote control which lets you select an input, adjust the volume and choose the surround sound mode. The receiver and your TV must be connected via HDMI with the HDMI-CEC function activated on both components.
Custom Integration: The Marantz SR5012 provides advanced remote connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. These features include Remote In/Out, Flasher In, DC Trigger Out, and RS-232C port.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR5012 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR5012 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- DC Trigger Output: The DC trigger output (3.5mm) allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the SR5012.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): With the on-screen graphical display that combines large clear text and colorful icons, plus the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings to quickly and easily optimize the SR5012 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. The on-screen menu display can only be output to your TV via HDMI.
Note: The receiver's front-panel LCD window only displays source input and volume. You will need to connect this receiver up to your TV via HDMI to configure speaker, network, input, and system settings through the AV receiver's on-screen menu.
Smart Select: On the SR5012's front-panel, you'll find four Smart Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Smart Select function buttons. With Smart Select, the SR5012 remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Source Rename + Panel Lock: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources. To prevent accidental operation of this unit, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel.
Dual Backup Memory Function: This receiver stores its settings in a nonvolatile memory even when the main power supply is turned off. Using the Dual Backup Memory function, you can write settings information to another memory area to back up saved settings for recovery anytime as needed.
- Personal Memory Plus: This function sets the settings (input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ, Dynamic EQ, audio delay, etc.) last selected for the individual input sources.
- Last Function Memory: This function stores the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored.
Timers: The Marantz AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Smart ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with a Smart ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Smart Eco Mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Features and brand quality [ not great Sep 04, 2018 ]
Upgrading my 5.1 system speakers from Definitive bookshelf to Paradigm in-wall and in-ceiling. This unit will replace my Aventage A740. [ Taron Sep 03, 2018 ]
After researching several brands, I decided to go with Marantz. I was undecided between the SR5012 and the SR6012, both of which were highly discounted due to being discontinued. I decided on the 5012 because of price, features, and size. It was 3 inches smaller in depth than the 6012 and would fit better in my cabinet. Also, I did not need capabilites for a 9 speaker set-up. Great features for a bargain price. [ V Sep 03, 2018 ]
I have owned this brand before and this just was upgrading my system [ John Aug 27, 2018 ]
Features and price, along with recommendations by other customers. [ Curtis Aug 27, 2018 ]
All of the current, modern features of the SR5013 at an incredible price break. Perfect for my 5.1 home theater setup! [ Ronald Aug 22, 2018 ]
Upgrade to my Marantz SR5009. [ Mr. Degge T. Aug 21, 2018 ]
Price and brand [ QUAL TEE Aug 21, 2018 ]
replace my existing denon AVr1082 [ Vivek Aug 19, 2018 ]
I decided to purchase the Marantz SR5012 receiver because I my current receiver is dying. As I need music as much as I do oxygen I decided on the Marantz SR5012 as Marantz's reputation for quality sound is well known. The other point that sold me on Marantz was the 3 year warranty. As my current receiver is on the way out I wanted a new one that is reliable, and it speaks volumes that Marantz is the only manufacturer with a 3 year warranty. [ Brian Aug 18, 2018 ]
impressed with features for the price [ Gordon Aug 15, 2018 ]
great price, better customer service! [ sam Aug 13, 2018 ]
Looks great,good for what I am doing [ robert Aug 13, 2018 ]
Because the Brand name Marantz has good sound and fidelity [ O Aug 08, 2018 ]
Demode this unit side by side with the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A2070, every time we went back to the Yamaha it was like someone was throwing a blanket over the tweeters. The Yamaha sounded great but the Marantz sounded just awesome to my ears!! [ Bill K Aug 08, 2018 ]
Great deal on last years model, and I wanted to try Crutchfield sales and service. I was going to order through Amazon, but I liked the idea of life time technical support for the product. [ Alan Aug 06, 2018 ]
Marantz well known for quality. The sale price is excellent! [ Eileen Aug 06, 2018 ]
Quality! [ Gary Aug 05, 2018 ]
I chatted with Oliver about several different receivers and we came down to this one based on my needs. He was very helpful. [ Nicholas Jul 30, 2018 ]
Reviews [ Christopher Jul 28, 2018 ]
I have a Yamaha Rx-A550 which works well. This one has more features like atmos and pre outs and 4k pass.. etc. So now i can use an external amp now to pump more juice to my speakers which are not the most efficient (ELACs C5-B6-F6). Hopefully i will be happy . [ Michael James Jul 27, 2018 ]
Price drop [ Bill Jul 27, 2018 ]
Marantz has my favorite sound and I needed a 4 ohm capable receiver - outstanding price on this receiver. [ P Jul 21, 2018 ]
Great reviews, always loved the Marantz products and Crutchfield Tech. support! [ JIM Jul 20, 2018 ]
Cause Marantz is Bad Ass and there is a $400.00 discount Yee Ha! [ Jeffrey Jul 17, 2018 ]
Researched for the best 5.1 av receiver and came to the conclusion that this Marantz fits my needs [ Ji Yeon May 21, 2018 ]
All of the reviews on this product are great and I've always wanted a Marantz receiver ?? [ Calvin May 16, 2018 ]
For this purchase I relied heavily on the advice of a friend who is much more audio-savvy than I. But I've bought from Crutchfield before and always been impressed with the products and service. [ D May 01, 2018 ]
Oddly enough, attractive in-room media cabinets rarely fit the beefier receivers and amps. In this living room setup, a rack was out of the question. Of the better receivers, this and its near-identical twin sister (the Denon AVR 2400H, same parent company) were a good choice as shallow 15-inch chassis. The difference from the Denon is that this has pre-outs and a couple of minor improvements (and looks better), whereas the Denon has HEOS. For me, pre-outs and good looks won. [ David Apr 28, 2018 ]
Love the brand and the look. Has Apple AirPlay. [ THOMAS J Apr 24, 2018 ]
Updating 30 year old Pioneer VSX 9500S [ Michael Apr 14, 2018 ]
Good reviews from multiple sites. [ Vanderian Mar 05, 2018 ]
It was time for an upgrade and I got the technical help i needed to make a good decision [ eric Mar 01, 2018 ]
Features and expansion capabilities. Reputable brand and newer technologies. [ EDMOND Jan 06, 2018 ]
New features my old Onkyo didn't have [ John Dec 20, 2017 ]
It is a Marantz.. :) [ David Dec 20, 2017 ]
Onkyo let me down, time to give other product manufactures a chance. [ Cone Computer Dec 18, 2017 ]
New 4k TV have current Marantz need new one with 4k and Atmos and more hdmi ports [ steve Nov 25, 2017 ]
Chose for Marantz's great product name for many years, chose it due to power output, chose it due to Crutchfield's suggestion. [ Roger Oct 26, 2017 ]
Marantz reputation and we needed the 7.1 analog inputs this A/V Surround Receiver provides. [ Fred Sep 15, 2017 ]
5 questions already asked
The SR5012 does not have selectable crossover slopes built in. It has the usual 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 150, 200, 250 hz crossovers between the mains and sub. From what I can tell the built in slope is 12dB per octave. The available Audyssey MultEQ Editor app offers indepent control of each channel target curve and you can specify up to 12dB cut over a range of 20hz but 12dB is the max. I used the app and obtained a much better eq result than the receiver alone. The treble eq is more subtle with the app and you can specify a max frequency to eq if the treble is already sounding good. Bass control is excellent with the app I had a spike at 40hz and 10dB drop to 50hz. After running the eq with the app 25 - 80 hz is about +/- 2dB and the bass is exceptionally controlled and smooth with my JBL ES250P sub. [ Joplin Aug 30, 2018 ]
I did just a basic set up which took about 15 min. I don't have a tv hooked up, so???? Sorry I couldn't help. [ Gary Aug 27, 2018 ]
Yes, that connection will work. I recently bought the SR5012 and I use the front pre out (left and right rca connectors) to send audio to my headphone preamp. The pre out audio is at line level but that's what you want going into your recorder. [ Lawrence Aug 17, 2018 ]
Sorry, I can't help with Alexa. I suggest you contact Marantz Customer Service. I've found them to be pretty helpful. [ WILLIAM Feb 14, 2018 ]
Yes. You can tell her to play music on it [ Steven Feb 13, 2018 ]
The bass performance depends greatly on the speakers and/or powered subwoofer you will be using for your home theater system. The Marantz offers the Audyssey suite of features (auto-calibration, Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume, MultEQ) to optimize it's performance but if you use small speakers and no sub, you won't have much bass. For additional assistance and personalized recommendations, feel free to contact us directly by phone or through our online chat service: https://www.crutchfield.com/support/ContactUs.aspx [ Ryan Oct 18, 2017 ] Staff