Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector
Powered sound bar with MusicCast and 4K/HDR video passthrough
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector - Creates 7.1-channel sound by beaming sound off of reflective surfaces
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector - Control your MusicCast multi-room system with a free mobile app
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector - 16 built-in beam drivers reflect sound off your walls for immersive sound
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector - 2-way Bluetooth lets you send audio to a pair of Bluetooth headphones
Our take on the Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The Yamaha YSP-2700 uses 16 beam drivers to project room-filling surround sound effects.
Dazzling surround effects make binge-watching better
Yamaha's Digital Sound Projectors have long impressed us. Their clever beam drivers bounce sound off the walls in your TV room to make it seem like there are speakers where there are not. And the YSP-2700 sound bar offers Yamaha's best simulated 7.1 surround sound yet. This compact, easy-to-setup bar and subwoofer system pulls you deeper into your shows and movies with enveloping soundtracks and effects.
As for music? Yamaha's cool and intuitive MusicCast streaming technology is built-in. This app-based wireles system puts your entire library of digital tunes at your fingertips and offers flexible options for expanding into multiple rooms.
Powerful, personalized sound
Yamaha goes to great lengths to create the sensation that sound is coming at you from all directions. Settings for the YSP-2700's 16 directional beam drivers can be tailored to your room and seating position. And the included subwoofer connects to the sound bar wirelessly, so you can place it just about anywhere in your room for deep, punchy bass. (Just remember, the sub needs AC power.)
MusicCast's state-of-the-art app
MusicCast lets you play your music library wirelessly through the YSP-2700's powerful drivers, or through MusicCast speakers in other rooms. It all starts with the free app, available for Apple® and Android™. It's my favorite multi-room app at the moment, thanks to its intuitive layout and “current” feel. User-friendly graphics make it easy to select rooms, pick music services, and adjust volume. You can even substitute your own images to make the menu more personal.
Send or receive Bluetooth
Built-in two-way Bluetooth lets you stream audio from any app onyour phone through the MusicCast system. You can also send audio from the sound bar to other Bluetooth-enabled audio players, like wireless headphones — convenient for late night movies or football games.
- low-profile, 2"-tall design fits under the screen of most pedestal-mounted TVs
- Yamaha's Digital Sound Projector technology uses wide dispersion and wall reflections to create lifelike, 7.1-channel sound
- connects to your Wi-Fi network and Yamaha's MusicCast wireless whole home music system
- built-in amplifiers: 2 watts x 16
- features sixteen 1-1/8" beam drivers
- adjust the beam speaker settings with the remote to ensure realistic surround effects tailored to your room
- bass reflex (ported) cabinet for enhanced low-frequency response
- Dolby Digital® and DTS® decoding
- Cinema DSP modes add richness and depth to music and movie soundtracks
- Dialogue Lift for clearer, louder dialogue with movies and shows
- wall-mountable (hardware not included)
- includes remote control with independent subwoofer volume
- 37-1/8"W x 2"H x 6"D (with antenna down)
- weight: 8.7 lbs.
- 5-1/2" cone woofer
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- 75-watt (RMS) built-in amplifier
- 11-5/8"W x 11-3/4"H x 12-1/8"D
- weight: 20 lbs.
MusicCast wireless multi-room music system:
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- also sends audio wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled speakers or headphones
- free MusicCast app lets you control music playback with your Apple or Android device
- support for online music services, including Spotify®, Pandora, SiriusXM®, and thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- connects wirelessly to other Yamaha speakers and receivers with MusicCast
- play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- built-in music enhancer for smoothing out the sound of over-compressed MP3 files
- Apple AirPlay® for streaming from compatible Apple devices and computers running iTunes®
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- supports 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz)
Connections and General Info:
- HDMI switching: 3 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility for compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- digital audio inputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 1 minijack analog input
- subwoofer output for adding your own powered subwoofer (included subwoofer connects wirelessly)
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker (YSP-CU2700)
- Wireless powered sub (NS-WSW121)
- Remote control (FSR147)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' Optical digital cable
- IntelliBeam microphone (w/ attached 19.5' cord)
- Cardboard mic stand
- 2 Soundbar stands
- 2 Spacers
- 3 Self-adhesive pads
- Two M4x22mm screws (lock-/flat-washers attached)
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Reference Guide
- MusicCast Setup Guide
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
- MusicCast brochure
- Wall-mount template
Sound is Outstanding. 5 Stars all the way!
Gary, Kingston Spgs, TN
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Surround Sound Decoding||7.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||Yes|
|HDR Video Compatible||HDR10|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Optional|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Yes|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|System Frequency Response||40-22k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||27.2|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||75|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-3/16H x 37-3/16W x 6D|
|Sound Bar Weight||8.7 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||11-11/16H x 11-5/8W x 12-1/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||20 lbs|
Digital Sound Projector: While typical sound bars offer only "virtual surround", the YSP-2700 is equipped with a 16-speaker array powered by sixteen 2 watt digital amplifiers and Yamaha's exclusive Digital Sound Projector technology to deliver a truer 7.1-channel surround sound experience. The result is an expansive and immersive listening experience that brings your favorite music soundtracks, TV shows, and movies to life.
- 16 Speaker Array: The YSP-2700 employs a high-performance processor to precisely control the timing of 16 digital amplifiers and 16 speakers, creating controlled "beams" of sound. The sound beams are then aimed, either directly or by reflection off your walls, to arrive at your ears from discrete, channel-appropriate directions.
- Rigid Aluminum Enclosure: The digital sound projector's body is made from aluminum with outstanding rigidity for best sound performance, while the aluminum top-panel features a hairline finish to give it an elegant appearance.
Wireless Powered Sub: The YSP-2700 system includes a wireless powered subwoofer to handle your movie's LFE channel and your music's deep, low bass notes. The wireless powered sub features a front-firing 5.25" woofer in a bass-reflex cabinet with a front-firing power and is powered by a built-in 75W RMS (130W peak) amplifier. The wireless subwoofer can be placed up to 50' away from the digital sound projector (still requires AC power outlet). The digital sound projector also features a mono-RCA sub output if you choose to connect the included powered subwoofer with an optional subwoofer cable (sold separately), instead of wirelessly.
IntelliBeam Auto Calibration: The exclusive Yamaha IntelliBeam auto calibration system makes setting up your sound bar easy. Using the supplied microphone to measure room acoustics, IntelliBeam automatically sets the best beam angles while optimizing the level and frequency response of each beam. This makes initial setup both extremely simple and acoustically perfect. You can save 3 auto calibration presets for easy recall. Once the Auto Setup is complete, you can fine-tune the Beam Settings.
- Horizontal Angle: Set the horizontal angle of the listening position relative to the center of the speaker, this adjusts the angle of each beam to best match your listening position.
- Beam Travel Length: Total travel distance from speaker to reflecting surface to ear for each beam.
- Focal Length: Distance from the speaker to the focal point of each beam (where the speaker would be if you had five separate speakers).
- Image Location: This feature adjusts the direction from which the front left and right speakers are heard if they sound unnatural.
- Channel Out: Specifies the type of output (Beam, Stereo, Mix) from each of digital sound projector's channels.
Beam Modes: The YSP-2700 digital sound projector lets you choose from 5 different Beam modes - 5ch, 7ch, My Surround, Target Playback, or Stereo.
- 7Ch Surround: Front Left/Right, Center, Surround Left/Right, & Surround Back Left/Right beams output audio for 7.1ch surround sound that is truly immersive and enveloping.
- 5ch Surround: Front Left/Right, Center, and Surround Left/Right beams output audio for 5.1ch surround sound that feels like you have speakers all around you.
- My Surround: Designed for small listening areas or when surround sound effects are unsubstantial due to the listening room conditions.
- Target Playback: Target playback mode outputs sound beams from a single channel for optimal listening from a specific seated position.
- Stereo: 2-channel stereo playback without surround processing.
HD Audio Decoding: The YSP-2700 decodes HD Audio signals to ensure that you hear the best possible sound from Blu-ray Disc players, as well as from all other digital audio sources. It offers HDMI (3 in/1 out), digital (1 optical in/1 coaxial in), and analog (stereo RCA) connectivity. The YSP-2700 supports the following digital audio formats.
Digital Audio Connector Audio Signal Type Audio Signal Format HDMI 2Ch Linear PCM 2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit Multichannel Linear PCM 8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit Bitstream Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24 High Definition Audio Bitstream Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express Optical/Coaxial 2Ch Linear PCM 2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit Bitstream Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24
- Because with many TVs, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable box, or Game system to the Yamaha digital sound projector directly; and then connect the YSP-2700's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
- The digital optical output terminals of many flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Matrix Decoders: The Yamaha digital sound projector features Dolby Pro Logic II / Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Movie/Music/Game), and DTS Neo: 6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance two-channel audio formats. The YSP-2700 offers additional Dolby Pro Logic II/IIx parameter adjustments.
- Panorama: Sends stereo signals to the surround speakers as well as the front speakers for a wraparound effect.
- Dimension: Adjusts the soundfield either towards the front or towards the rear of the room.
- Center Width: Moves the center channel output completely towards the center speaker or towards the front left and right speakers.
CINEMA DSP: Yamaha's CINEMA DSP Digital programs are based on actual soundfield data, measured in famous concert halls, jazz clubs, live performance venues and theaters. The result is an amazingly spacious and realistic soundfield experience for enjoying music and viewing movies in your living room. The YSP-2700 features 10 different surround programs for movies, music, and other entertainment.
- Movie Modes: Adventure, Spectacle, & Sci-Fi
- Music Modes: Music Video, Concert, Jazz Club
- Entertainment Modes: Sports, Talk Show, Drama, Game
Audio Enhancements: The YSP-2700 digital sound projector offers a variety of audio settings to enhance your listening experience, no matter your audio source.
- Clear Voice: Human voices, such as dialog in TV shows and movies, news, and sports commentary are played back with extra clarity. This technology enhances the acoustic characteristics of speech and increases the perceived volume level, while still maintaining the quality of the soundtrack's background sound & effects.
- Compressed Music Enhancer: The Compressed Music Enhancer restores frequency response lost during digital compression, so your music sounds the way it should. It is optimized for any compressed content, for vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback. The function can be switched on and off via the remote control, according to the input source.
- Tone Control: You can adjust the YSP-2700's Bass & Treble to increase or decrease the system's high/low frequency sound.
Volume Control Settings: The Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector System offers unique volume control settings.
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) adjusts the dynamic range in relation to the volume; useful at low volume. The amount of dynamic range compression applied to bitstream signals is adjustable; Min/Auto is suitable for low volume listening, Standard is typical for home use, and Max doesn't compress the dynamic range at all.
- Channel Level: Adjusts the volume (+/-20) of playback for each channel so that sounds are evenly distributed in their respective directions.
- Volume Trim: The level (+/-12) of each input can be adjusted so the volume remains the same when switching from one input to another.
- Turn On Volume: The system's volume can be set to come on at a preset level (1-99) when power is turned on.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the digital sound projector through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
HDMI 2.0: The Yamaha YSP-2700 is fitted with three HDMI inputs and one ARC-enabled HDMI output. The HDMI jacks support the latest HDMI 2.0 standards.
4K/60Hz Pass-Through: The YSP-2700 supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signal.
HDCP 2.2 Compatible: All of the digital sound projector's HDMI inputs and output support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The YSP-2700's HDMI jacks also support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video): HDR (High Dynamic Range) video provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
x.v.Color: The Yamaha YSP-2700 digital sound projector supports x.v.Color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the x.v.Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
Deep Color: The YSP-2700 also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed.
3D Ready: The Yamaha digital sound projector's HDMI connectivity supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
Auto Lip-Sync: The digital sound projector automatically adjusts the delay in output timing between video signals and audio signals so they match when you are watching a movie. You can also manually adjust the audio delay between 0 to 500 ms.
MusicCast: The Yamaha YSP-2700 is part of Yamaha's MusicCast multiroom audio eco-system. MusicCast from Yamaha, brings music to every room in your home wirelessly with control provided by a free app on your Apple iOS or Android device. Designed to easily work with your existing home WiFi network, MusicCast offers access to a huge range of audio content. This content includes select online music services, Internet radio, digital music libraries, and Bluetooth audio; as well as connected external sources such as TVs, cable/satellite boxes, Blu-ray/DVD Disc players, and CD/SACD players. MusicCast can even select terrestrial AM/FM radio stations for playback throughout the home when linked to a tuner-enabled MusicCast device (like an AV receiver). MusicCast is enabled on many 2015-up Yamaha components like this digital sound projector, plus their AV receivers, wireless speakers, and other HiFi components.
Note: Yamaha's new MusicCast system is not compatible with Yamaha's old MusicCAST system.
Multiroom Audio: Start with the Yamaha YSP-2700 system in your living room or bedroom and add other MusicCast products from Yamaha (like wireless speakers, AV receiver, and HiFi systems ) over time to create a multiroom audio, whole-house experience. Up to 10 MusicCast devices can be connected.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Yamaha MusicCast YSP-2700 supports both WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz) and wired Ethernet (RJ-45) connections, so you can choose to build a wireless or wired network, or a combination of both if desired. Network setup is completed through the free MusicCast app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Note: If you want to install a MusicCast device to a location that is out of range of your wireless router, connect another MusicCast device to the router with a network cable to extend the range ("Extend Mode").
MusicCast App: The free MusicCast app can be downloaded for Apple (iOS 7.1+) iPod/iPhone/iPad and Android (OS4.1+) smartphones/tablets. The MusicCast app puts control of your whole home listening experience in the palm of your hand from your Apple iOS or Android device. You'll be able to quickly select the room or rooms you want to listen to music in, select the source or sources you want to listen to, browse music content from your music library and online music services or Internet Radio, plus control music playback functions.
- Rooms: Choose which room or rooms you want to listen to music in. You can select a different source for each room, group certain rooms together for playback of the same source, or link all rooms together so the same source is played back throughout the house.
- Source Selection: From the app you can select which source or sources you want to listen to; choose from network-connected devices, select online music services, Internet Radio or Bluetooth for the YSP-2700. You can also select from the digital sound projector's HDMI, digital and analog inputs, plus TV audio.
- Music Browsing: You can browse music libraries from your network-connected devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop. You can also browse music content from select online music services and search Internet Radio stations from the MusicCast app.
- Playback & Song/Artist Info: From the MusicCast app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device you get Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, and Previous/Next Track; as well as song/artist information and album art.
- Favorites: Internet radio stations, content from select online music services, plus playlists and songs from your network-connected device's music library can be saved as "Favorites" for quick recall within the MusicCast app.
- Sound Settings: From the MusicCast app you can select between CINEMA DSP modes, activate Clear Voice, and turn on the Compressed Music Enhancer.
- Personalization & Customization: With the app's unique personalization features, you can choose from preloaded room images or change the color of buttons to represent each room in the home, or even take pictures of their own home and assign the images to each button. The content source buttons can also be customized to rename, remove or reorder selections for easier operation.
High Resolution Audio: The Yamaha YSP-2700 supports true high-resolution audio formats to deliver more accurate reproduction of sonic details. The digital sound projector system is compatible with Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96kHz/24-bit, as well as FLAC and WAV music files up to 192kHz/24-bit. It also supports lower resolution music files like MP3, WMA, and AAC up to 48kHz.
|File||Sampling Frequency||Bit-rate or Bit-depth||Gapless Playback|
|MP3||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|WMA||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|AAC||8-48 kHz||up to 320 kbps||N|
|WAV (PCM)||32-192 kHz||16/24-bit||Y|
Note: When multiple MusicCast devices are "linked" for multiroom audio playback, the Master room device's playback is at the native sampling rate (up to 192kHz/24-bit), while the other rooms and MusicCast devices down-converted to 48kHz.
Streaming Music Partners: MusicCast includes Pandora, Spotify Connect, Napster, and SiriusXM Internet Radio streaming services, as well as thousands of free local and international Internet radio stations from vTuner. TIDAL and Deezer will be available through a firmware update available in late spring of 2017.
|Pandora||Pandora is personalized radio that plays music and comedy you'll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs, comedians or composers and Pandora will create a custom station that plays similar tracks. You can also rate (thumbs up/thumbs down) songs as they play, and Pandora will adapt stations to your feedback. You can create up to 100 stations and easily switch between your favorites.|
|Spotify Connect||With the Spotify app (premium account required) on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you've got instant access to millions of songs. And now you can stream those same songs from your smartphone to the Yamaha AV receiver by using Spotify Connect; simply hit play on the app to start streaming music. What's more, when you've been listening to Spotify on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately begins to stream to the system for uninterrupted music enjoyment. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
| TIDAL |
(requires firmware update)
|Tidal is accessible through the Yamaha MusicCast app for Apple iOS & Android. TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.|
(requires firmware update)
|Deezer is an online music service offering over 43 million tracks starting at $9.99 a month. Discover the perfect playlist or make your own, as well as browse curated collections by genre.|
|Napster||Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.|
|vTuner||You can also listen to Internet radio stations using the vTuner Internet Radio Station database service particularly customized for this unit, providing a database of numerous radio stations around the world. You can search for Internet Radio stations by Location, Genre, New, Popular, or Podcast.|
AirPlay: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the Yamaha MusicCast YSP-2700 system, over your home's WiFi network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music and music apps on your device to the Yamaha MusicCast speaker. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the MusicCast speaker.
Note: AirPlay is not available for multiroom audio playback.
DLNA: The MusicCast YSP-2700 system supports DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5, allowing access to DLNA-compatible Windows 7/8 computers (with Windows Media Player 11 or 12) and network attached storage (NAS) devices. You'll be able to wirelessly stream the music libraries on your computer, laptop, or NAS to the Yamaha MusicCast speaker system.
Note: Digital Rights Management (DRM) content cannot be played back.
Bluetooth Audio: The Yamaha MusicCast YSP-2700 offers built-in Bluetooth (v.2.1+EDR) for wireless music streaming & control. This allows you to stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the digital sound projector. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the YSP-2700 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the digital sound projector offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Linked Playback Mode: With Linked Playback Mode, music streamed via Bluetooth to one MusicCast device can then be wirelessly streamed to multiple MusicCast devices for multiroom audio. Bluetooth is limited to the SBC codec during Linked Playback mode.
- Bluetooth Output: The Bluetooth Output feature allows you to wirelessly stream audio from a non-Bluetooth source of a MusicCast device to another Bluetooth speaker or headphones (regardless of manufacture), making it even more convenient to add the MusicCast eco-system to your existing audio gear. Bluetooth is limited to the SBC codec during "Bluetooth Output" Playback mode.
Note: The speaker can be paired with up to 20 devices, but only one can be actively connected.
Home Theater Controller App (for iOS & Android): The YSP-2700 is compatible with Yamaha's Home Theater Control App (HT Controller), available for free download from the Apple's App Store or Google Play Store for Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad (iOS 8.0+) or Android smartphone/tablet (OS 2.3.3+). This remote app makes it easy to control the digital sound projector from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device via a WiFi network connection. Its intuitive and easy-to-see operating screen uses icons that let you easily perform a variety of operations. Basic functions include Input Selection and Volume Up/Down. Advanced functions include selecting Listening Modes, Cinema DSP modes, or adjusting Sound Beams for the best listening experience.
IR Remote: The YSP-2700 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. The remote is not programmable and your TV's remote cannot be programmed to control the YSP-2700. However, the system does offer HDMI control (see below).
HDMI Control: You can also use your TV's remote control to operate this system, if your television supports the HDMI control function and is connected to the digital sound projector's HDMI output. The digital sound projector will automatically select the input according to the input source setting on your TV. You will also be able to turn on/off the digital sound projector with your television.
OSD (On-Screen Display): A convenient on-screen display provides menu setup and audio adjustments. On-screen menu text can set to English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, or Japanese.
Alexa Compatible (Firmware Update Required): Alexa-enabled devices (including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap and Echo Show) will soon be able to control key functions of a MusicCast system using voice commands. A firmware update (available sometime in October), will be available for download that allows key functions of MusicCast products to be controlled using your voice through Alexa-enabled devices (sold separately).
- Alexa Skill: The MusicCast skill for Alexa will allow you to power MusicCast products on and off, control basic playback functions, make selections from a playlist of favorite music, adjust the volume, and use the Link function for playback of multiple MusicCast products simultaneously.
- Echo Source Input: In addition or alternatively, an Echo device can be used as a music/audio source for a MusicCast system. All MusicCast devices offer a Bluetooth input. Just pair your Echo, Echo Dot or Echo Show with any MusicCast wireless speaker, sound bar or AV receiver and the sound will play from the MusicCast device. Using the MusicCast app, you can then select the Bluetooth input and link multiple MusicCast devices for playback, allowing you to hear it throughout your home. Many MusicCast products also offer inputs which can be connected to Echo Dot via its line output, if a wired connection is preferred over Bluetooth. This requires using an optional analog audio cable (sold separately). Using the MusicCast app, you can select the wired input and link multiple MusicCast devices for playback, allowing you to hear sound from Echo Dot throughout your home.
Note: You will need an Alexa-enabled device (Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, or Echo Show - all sold separately) to operate certain functions of your MusicCast products via voice-command. The MusicCast components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network.
Auto Standby & Sleep Timer: The digital sound projector will automatically enter standby mode after approximately 20 minutes of no audio playback and no operation. You can set the unit's Sleep Timer to 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes from the app on your compatible mobile device.
Firmware Updates: New firmware updates that provide additional features or product improvements will be released by Yamaha in the future. If the digital sound projector is connected to the Internet, you can download the firmware via the network and update it. If the digital sound projector is not connected to the Internet, you can download the latest firmware update from the Yamaha Website to a USB thumbdrive, which can then be used to update the speaker's firmware.
Tabletop or Wall-Mount Digital Sound Projector: At only 2" tall, the digital sound projector fits perfectly in front of a TV without blocking the picture. Feet are supplied to increase the height of the speaker in order to straddle some TV stands. It can also wall-mounted using an optional accessory bracket (022SPMK20, sold separately). The digital sound projector can be positioned parallel to a wall or in a corner. The only major requirement is the room must have side and rear walls for beam reflection to create the surround effect.
Flexible Placement for Wireless Sub: The wireless powered subwoofer eliminates the need to connect cables, so setup and placement are faster and easier. You will still need to connect the powered sub's power cord to an AC outlet. The wireless sub can be positioned almost anywhere in the room (up to 50'). For best performance, it should be placed on the same wall as the digital sound projector.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I studied a lot of sound bars and this was my favorite. I heard a Yamaha sound bar at Costco and it was the best sounding sound bar of all that I demoed. [ Gerald W. Oct 09, 2018 ]
best reviews [ CARLOS Jul 21, 2018 ]
Rocky recommended for my TV mount [ Glenn Jun 07, 2018 ]
had yamaha sound bars in the past. excellent product. [ Martin Apr 21, 2018 ]
the slim design, (2") and great sound reviews. [ Hilary Apr 14, 2018 ]
Features, reviews. I have been familiar with Yamaha products for over 30 years, and have a good idea of the quality I am paying for. The DSP feature is fun to experiment with and the adjustability of so many parameters suits me, as I am a fussy listener. [ Leonard Mar 12, 2018 ]
Excellent reviews in the major audio websites. Proven quality through a couple of years in the market. Yamaha has made an effort to keep software upgrades of the product to keep up with technology advances. [ Manuel Feb 10, 2018 ]
Because I need a slim home theater system that sounds good and takes up less room than my current system. [ Marcos Jan 13, 2018 ]
The size of the unit is ideal. (It's perfectly discrete.) Most important: IMO, Yamaha is the best consumer-level sound processing available. I have never been disappointed with Yamaha DSP in my receivers. My YSP-2700 has now brilliantly exceeded my expectations in sound reproduction. I could not be more pleased. [ Peter Sep 07, 2017 ]
Yamaha reputation and pricing of other competitors, by the time you get the same capabilities as this system, would spend more [ william Aug 11, 2017 ]
Great reviews. This will be the first time we used anything other than the tradition receiver/speakers but we moved and downsized and this will better fit our new, smaller house. [ Mark Jun 30, 2017 ]
Excellent product! [ Torrey Apr 06, 2017 ]
Product reviews, plus the HDR capability [ John Feb 27, 2017 ]
Reviews and recommendation from Crutchfield employee. [ michael Feb 15, 2017 ]
After a ton of research , including great crutchfield advisors, this appears to be the best sound bar I can find which supports 4K and has the best simulated surround you can get without putting speakers all around your room. Originally had a Sonos but was more expensive with sub and didn't have nearly the same features or HDMI / 4k support . The technology Yamaha uses to bounce the sound off the walls and configure with including mic seem like a no brainer. Looking forward to testing this out [ Christopher Jan 13, 2017 ]
Consolidates sound system, replaces old Polk Audio soundbar that is about 2" taller than the bottom of the new tv's picture. [ DaveEA Dec 21, 2016 ]
recommended with TV [ Guy Dec 10, 2016 ]
value and brand name [ jack Dec 09, 2016 ]
Reviews, HDMI inputs, surround sound feature, hope it works like advertised! [ John Nov 27, 2016 ]
This model is Supreme quality sound. Period :) [ Brent Nov 04, 2016 ]
Reputation of company and good reviews. [ M Oct 19, 2016 ]
Giving it a try one of the few soundbars that can decode HD audio (Dolby True HD, DTS-HD Master Audio etc etc) and has HDMI ports that can pass thru 4k HDR video(4:4:4). [ TonyV Sep 13, 2016 ]
Attractive. 7:1 channel and small size. [ Alex Sep 11, 2016 ]
Your advisor, Stone, informed me about the different products and based on his recommendation, I chose this product. Stone was very excited about this product and felt like it was the best choice for my room type and requirements. Very helpful and understanding. Stone's Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=188 [ Brian Douglas Sep 04, 2016 ]
7 questions already asked
The strain relief on the power cord itself doesn't stand off past the back edge of the unit. I've used the wall mount for it and the mount itself pushes the soundbar off the wall just under 1". The main thing you have to worry about is an HDMI cable you might have plugged into it since some of those tend to be tall. [ RAFAEL L Oct 02, 2018 ]
The power cord enters at just over 3 inches from the left side and centered vertically. I seems to be hardwired, with no strain relief, so it can be folded over and not add any more depth than the thickness of the cord. There's a small antenna on the center, top, back of the speaker which projects a minimum of about 7/16" when folded over. That antenna will certainly stick out farther than the power cord. [ CHARLES Sep 29, 2018 ]
Mounting holes for the YSP-2700 are on the bottom of the unit. Universal brackets typically mount on the back so you still may need the Yamaha bracket depending on the universal bracket you chose. [ RAFAEL L Oct 02, 2018 ]
Sorry I can't help...My TV is mounted on the wall and I have my soundbar sitting on a entertainment stand under the tv [ George Aug 16, 2018 ]
You are going to need the Yamaha bracket as well, the mounting holes are on the bottom of the unit, not the back. [ RAFAEL L Aug 12, 2018 ]
Hi, i have the 65" OLED65B6P which might be similar. I'll give you what I have for you to figure out. The clearance I have is 2 5/32 from a table top to the bottom so this would be the max open space. The sound bar max height as I measure is 2 3/32 so theoretically it would fit but the stand of the tv is in the way so mine sits just in front of the leading edge of the stand. It doesn't block the view of the tv at all. If you put the antenna up on the sound bar it will block the picture a little bit but you hardly notice it. Hope this helps [ Michael May 20, 2018 ]
I have 55 LG OLED with this Yamaha soundbar. I have both on a dresser top and the field of view is good. I would recommend hanging the soundbar below or above the TV [ MattR-AV8R May 19, 2018 ]
Yes both my direct TV remote and my Samsung TV remote picked up on/off function and volume function I am not tech savvy and the YSP-2700 was easy to set up [ Gregg Apr 05, 2018 ]
Yes, I'm doing exactly that with an LG OLED remote. As long as long HDMI control of devices it will work fine. I love my YSP-2700. Have had it since November 2016. [ MattR-AV8R Apr 04, 2018 ]
Yes the TV remote and the cable remote. [ Michael Apr 04, 2018 ]
Yes. Control my speaker with my basic cable remote using the arc connection. [ Erik Apr 03, 2018 ]
I think it will because I use my Directv remote to control the volume on my unit. [ Marc Apr 02, 2018 ]
I have this hooked up with Apple TV and I control volume through the Apple TV remote. [ LAWRENCE Apr 02, 2018 ]
1 answer Does this sound bar have an auto on feature? Or even a feature where it's always on? With the remote I prefer, I do not have the option to program a power function for an audio device (only volume up/down and mute) and I do not want to have to physically turn it on each time. [ Jeffrey Jan 16, 2017 ]
If you connect the Yamaha to your TV via HDMI and your TV supports HDMI Control (HDMI CEC), the bar can turn on and off with the TV's power. If you will connecting to the TV's analog or optical audio outputs, you will need to power the Yamaha on from standby using the provided remote. I hope that helps. My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Jan 26, 2017 ] Staff
I bought this item for my son. From the research I did you don't need rear speakers for surround sound, but the better the room configuration the better results you'll get. Check out the Yamaha website and you'll see what I mean. (tried to attach the link to the website but Crutchfield wouldn't allow it) [ George Jan 09, 2017 ]
No, it's a simulated surround sound achieved by bouncing sound off the side and rear walls of your room. [ CHARLES Jan 09, 2017 ]
No it doesn't . It uses sound beams and the walls of your room to create the effect. Nothing will be good as actual speakers but it does a great job. If u want rear speakers considers a Sonos or Heos system where u can add them in your system. I've been very happy with my YSP-2700 [ MattR-AV8R Jan 09, 2017 ]
No - but you would swear that there were speakers behind you! [ Brian Jan 08, 2017 ]
3 answers does the HDMI inputs on the YSP-2700 support 4K-ready HDR? I know the YSP-5600 does not do the older hardware, that the HDR standard was not established yet when they produced the YSP-5600. Even though the YSP-2700 is a step down, it may support HDR, could you please clarify this ? I think i saw from a post in Sept 2016 that the 2700 can pass 4k HDR video. [ MattR-AV8R Dec 07, 2016 ]
Yes it does. Look at page 89 and 90 of the owners manuall. You might have to switch which mode it is in. [ TonyV Dec 13, 2016 ]
yes, it does support HDR. I have Warcraft and X-Men Apocalypse in4K HDR and it plays fantastic!! [ Lucy and James Dec 09, 2016 ]
Matt, I can't be 100% sure, but I believe the YSP- 2700 does support HDR pass through. It's supposed to support the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 standards. I've viewed a couple of 4K Blu Ray discs (Samsung Player), which have HDR encoded, and I didn't get an error message, or anything like that. I'm also using HDMI cables which are said to be HDMI 2,0a compliant. So, all of the gear I'm using is supposed to support HDR, TV is a Sony XBR-?65X930D, but I don't know of any way to test whether the HDR coding is making it to the TV. If you know of some way to verify whether I'm getting an HDR signal I'd be happy to hear about it. Cheers, Chuck [ CHARLES Dec 08, 2016 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
This larger bar delivers three-dimensional Dolby Atmos sound
The Yamaha YSP-5600 Digital Sound Projector offers these features:
Dolby Atmos surround sound from a single speaker
sound bar's 44 beam drivers reflect sound off walls and ceiling to deliver surround and overhead effects
4K-ready HDMI input does not support HDR
Frequently Compared With
Yamaha YSP-2700 Digital Sound Projector
Powered sound bar with MusicCast and 4K/HDR video passthrough
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough and DTS Virtual:X®
Bose® SoundTouch® 300 soundbar
Powered sound bar with 4K/HDR video passthrough, Dolby Atmos®, and Chromecast built-in for audio