Nest Cam (3-pack)
Three wireless indoor security cameras
Our take on the Nest Cam (3-pack) by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
The Nest Cam lets you make sure loved ones are safe even when you're not at home.
Quick and easy home security
This three-pack of Nest Cams gives you peace of mind no matter where you are. Check in on your home using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Simply plug in each camera and launch the Nest app on your phone — you'll be streaming video and receiving alerts in just moments.
Nest Cams are your eyes, ears, and even your voice when you're away from home. Each camera has a microphone and speaker built in, so you can verbally check in with kids, elderly parents, or pets, while you're at work.
Note: The Nest Cams use the included USB cords for power, but communicate with your device wirelessly.
Subscription-based cloud storage
The Nest Cam streams live video, but you'll likely want to save clips for later review. Nest Aware offers subscription-based cloud storage packages that automatically archive a 5-day history ($5 per month or $50/year), 10-day history ($10 per month or $100/year) or a 30-day history ($30/month or $300/year). Nest Aware also offers advanced services like an alert history, personalized alerts for different zones, and an ability to create time lapse videos to show changes throughout the day.
Part of your whole-home Nest system
The Nest Cam is compatible with other Nest home automation devices:
Your Nest devices work together to give you more control over home security. If your smoke detector sends you an alert while you're at work, you can turn on your Nest camera and assess the situation instantly, then use the camera's microphone and speakers to warn anyone who might be home. Even better, if your Nest Protect senses rising levels of carbon monoxide, your Nest Thermostat can automatically turn off your connected gas furnace.
- 3 wireless indoor security cameras that are easy to install and sync with other Nest devices
- live-view footage from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop
- compatible with:
- 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 130° field of view
- 3-megapixel sensor provides sharp, clear images
- 8X pinch-to-zoom feature lets you focus on a specific part of a room using the touchscreen on your smartphone or tablet
- dual-band radio makes a solid Wi-Fi® connection
- two-step authentication makes your Nest devices more secure
- get emails or push notifications instantly when motion and sound are detected
- built-in mic and speaker allow two-way communication
- camera switches to night vision mode automatically when a room gets dark
- 10-foot USB cable and power adapter included for each camera
- note: uses one USB cord for power, but communicates with your device wirelessly
- set the camera to turn on and off based on time of day or your location
- save and share footage with optional Nest Aware service (requires a monthly or yearly fee)
- 128-bit encryption happens inside the camera to provide security even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks
- 2-13/16"W x 4-1/2"H x 2-13/16"D (each)
- weight: 7.16 oz. (each)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 3 Nest Cam (black) Wi-Fi video cameras with magnetic base
- 3 Wall brackets
- Three 118" Micro USB cables (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- 3 Round AC adapters with USB port (DC output: 5V 1.4A)
- 9 Self-tapping screws (length=1")
- "Welcome Home" sheet
- Ready.Set.Go sheet
- "Better Together" Nest family brochure
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Nest Cam warning sticker
Great product! Good in low light or in most indoor conditions. Enjoy being able to pull live feed from anywhere via the app.
Anonymous, Lawrence, KS
Nest Cam (3-pack) Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: Nest Cam is a small, Wi-Fi-capable camera that can help you keep an eye on your home or office. It can securely stream live 1080p Full HD video to your computer, or to an iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Two-way audio lets you hear what's going on, and allows you to talk to persons through the camera. It works as a standalone home surveillance camera, or in conjunction with the Nest Protect Smoke and CO alarm and the Nest Thermostat. This Nest Cam Security Camera 3 Pack includes 3 Nest Cams, each with a magnetic base, a 10' Micro USB cable, AC adapter, and a wall-mount bracket.
Installing: Nest Cam is mounted to a 2-7/8" diameter magnetic base. On the base, the camera can be tilted up to 180°. The camera and base can be placed on a shelf or tabletop, or wall mounted using the included bracket. You can also remove the base and mount the camera to a tripod or other standard 1/4" camera mount. Nest Cam is powered by the supplied AC adapter (5V 2A) and 10' Micro USB cable. The camera is designed to operate with 802.11b/g/n networks on 2.4 GHz frequency bands.
Nest App: You can view streaming video from your Nest Cam on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device through the free Nest App. The app is compatible with Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) running iOS 8 or later. It is also compatible with all Samsung devices running Android 4.0.3 or later, and LG Nexus 5.
Nest Aware: Nest Cam lets you view live streaming on your computer or mobile device. The optional Nest Aware service with Video History lets you save the past 10 or 30 days of video footage in the cloud for review at any time. The service can create a time lapse of an event, or of an entire day, that you can watch in 60 seconds. You can make and save clips to share with friends or family. Custom activity zones can be created to keep an eye on specific areas in your home. As of September 2015, monthly rates start at $10 per month for 10 days of video and $30 per month for 30 days.
Works With Nest: When Nest Cam is added to a home network that includes Nest products, additional features are available. If the Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector sounds an Emergency Alarm, all of the Nest Cams will turn on and start recording video automatically. The recording will continue for 1 hour, or until the Nest Protect senses that the smoke or carbon monoxide has subsided. When paired with a Nest Thermostat, the Nest Cams in your home can be set to automatically turn on when you switch to the Away setting on the Thermostat. When you return, and manually set the Thermostat to the Home setting, the Nest Cams will automatically turn off. This feature does not work with Nest Thermostat's Auto-Away feature.
Activity Alerts: Nest Cam can detect and alert you to either motion in your video or sound picked up by the microphone on the camera. When activity is detected, or if Nest Cam is offline, an alert is sent to your mobile device (through the Nest App), or to your Nest Cam account.
Camera Settings: Using the Nest App or your Nest Cam Account, you can change the following settings:
- Camera On/Off: lets you turn the camera video streaming on or off
- Status Light: turns the status light on or off
- HD Video: turns HD video on or off (to save bandwidth)
- Night Vision: activates ring of IR LEDs used for night vision. You can set to Auto, or manual on/off
- Rotate Image: rotates the video 180° in case you have to invert and mount on the ceiling
- Audio: turns the camera's microphone on or off
- Microphone Sensitivity: if microphone is on, this slide control adjusts the mic's sensitivity
- Camera Scheduling: allows you to set daily schedules for your camera to be on or off
- Location Schedule: For iOS only, this setting allows you to turn the camera on or off using the location of your iPhone.
- Nest Cam CVR: lets you see your current CVR (cloud video recording) subscription
- Detect Motion Events: allows you to enable or disable the camera to detect motion events
- Detect Sound Events: allows you to enable or disable the camera to detect sound events
- Wi-Fi Network: indicated which Wi-Fi network your camera is connected to.
- Deactivate The Camera: If you want to use the camera in a different Nest Cam account, sell or give away the camera, you must first deactivate it.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Outdoor parties for summer just watch the kids wen they play around [ Megan Jul 16, 2018 ]
Good reviews [ Janine Jun 08, 2018 ]
We love Nest! the 3 pack was a great way to save a few bucks and get sufficient video/monitoring coverage for the home. Night vision works well in the dark, and the magnetic footing is quite useful for specific installations. [ RADAME JOSE Mar 16, 2017 ]
Own the outdoor cams and they work great. [ Jeff Mar 06, 2017 ]
I CHOSE THESE ITEMS BASED ON REVIEW OF THE CRUTCHFIELD SITE AND GENERAL REVIEW OF THE PRODUCTS ONLINE AT OTHER SITES. [ MARVIN Jan 06, 2017 ]
Excellent audio and video quality. [ Terrance Jan 01, 2017 ]
We already have a Nest camera and like it so much that we wanted 3 more to cover different locations in our house. [ CHARLES S Dec 09, 2016 ]
Already purchased these in past for myself & as gifts. Easy setup, easy to use. Buying as a gift again. [ WENDY Nov 16, 2016 ]
Other people have the product and has good reviews. [ Jennifer May 20, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
Yes, we use one to look through a second story bathroom window to monitor our front circular driveway which our neighbors use as a road to shave 60 seconds off their drive time. The view is not distorted and the camera has night vision. [ Lisa Jul 26, 2018 ]
Sure. It's a digital camera like any other digital camera. Use your phone or a still digicam to take HD video out your window if you want to see how effective this would be. There will likely be degradation due to reflections, dirt on the window, etc. That would likely be the major downside. [ JEFFREY Jul 25, 2018 ]