Honeywell Lyric Round™ 2.0
From Honeywell: How To Connect Your Phone To The Lyric Thermostat
From Honeywell: Lyric 2nd Generation Automated Smart Thermostat
From Honeywell: Lyric Round Thermostat Geofencing
Our take on the Honeywell Lyric Round™ 2.0 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Honeywell Lyric Round™ features a large, bright motion-activated touchscreen.
A smart thermostat that helps you save
When circumstances change — you stay longer at work, outside temperatures soar, or it rains suddenly — you want your thermostat to keep up. The Honeywell Lyric Round 2.0 is smart enough to know whether you're home or away, and takes humidity and outside temperature changes into account when heating and cooling your home. It effectively optimizes comfort and energy savings.
This thermostat knows it works for you. It senses your physical proximity with a motion sensor that turns on the bright, clear touchscreen, so you can make changes quickly and easily when you're at home.
Download the free Lyric app, and you gain control over the thermostat even when you're away. The Lyric Round uses geofence technology to keep track of when you're at home or away, and adjusts the temperature accordingly. Even if you forget to set it before you leave for the day, the Lyric Round has you covered.
Attention to detail
Did we already say the Lyric Round is smart? It lets you create convenient one-touch custom shortcuts for recurring events. Intelligent comfort control tracks outside temperature and humidity — which can make inside temperatures feel less than ideal — and adjusts accordingly for maximum comfort. You can even have it send you alerts so you know when to change your HVAC filters.
- large, bright motion-activated display
- sleek round display with colorful "halo" that indicates heating and cooling status
- geofence technology senses your departures and arrivals and sets temperature accordingly
- intelligent comfort control corrects for humidity and outside temperature
- display includes "feels like" temperature
- push notifications remind you when it's time to change HVAC filters
- change settings remotely via Lyric app or directly on the thermostat's touchscreen
- notifies you of extreme indoor temperature changes
- displays outside weather icon on the thermostat
- create convenient one-touch custom shortcuts for recurring events
- compatible with:
- works with dual fuel systems
- 3-13/16" diameter x 13/16" depth
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wi-Fi thermostat
- Wall plate
- Wall cover
- AAA Lithium battery (1.5V)
- 2 Self-tapping screws (length=1.25")
- Quick Start Guide
Excellent product, which looks great and is working very well with my system. Had some difficulties with setup but the technical assistant was able to help me. Additionally the device could benefit from a more robust user manual.
Edward, Troy, NY
Honeywell Lyric Round™ 2.0 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Honeywell Lyric Round (2.0) Wi-Fi Thermostat (RCH9310WF) is the second generation of the Lyric thermostat. It offers multiple programming options to fit your lifestyle. You can use location-based or time-based scheduling, a combination of the two, or no scheduling. Through the free Lyric app, the Lyric Round (2.0) can also send you alerts and notifications to your smartphone or tablet. The RCH9310WF works with a wide variety of heating and cooling systems.
Compatible Systems: The thermostat is compatible with the following types of heating and cooling systems:
- Conventional Forced Air: Standard gas, High Efficiency Gas, Oil, Electric, Fan Coil
- Heat Pump: Air-to-air, Geothermal
- Boiler: Hot water, Steam
- Central Air Conditioning
Controls: The Lyric Round (2.0) Wi-Fi Thermostat features a 3-3/4" diameter, round polished glass face with touch-sensitive display and controls. The entire thermostat rotates for setting the desired temperature. The only other controls on the unit's face include buttons for turning on or off the cooling or heating system, setting the system for Home or Away mode, and a Weather button for viewing 6 and 12-hour forecasts. All other functions are performed on the downloadable Honeywell Lyric app.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The Lyric Round (2.0) can be controlled by your smartphone, tablet, or laptop through your home Wi-Fi network. Through the Honeywell Lyric app, you can view and change settings from anywhere, access multiple thermostats if your system is zoned, and receive email alerts if the temperature reading is too high or too low. Any software updates for the thermostat are automatically done via Wi-Fi. The Honeywell Lyric app is compatible with smartphones and tablets running iOS 9.0 or later, or Android 4.3 and up.
Works With Honeywell: The Honeywell Lyric Round (2.0) Wi-Fi Thermostat works with several Smart Home systems, including those that use voice control to manage your devices:
- Apple HomeKit: Apple HomeKit lets you adjust the temperature remotely by using voice commands with Siri on your iPhone or iPad.
- Amazon Echo (Alexa): You can instruct "Alexa" to set the thermostat at a desired temperature, or raise/lower the temperature.
- Google Home: Starting with "OK Google", you can adjust the temperature, switch to heating or cooling, set the mode and temperature, and turn off the thermostat.
- Logitech Harmony: Harmony hub-based products are compatible with the thermostat to allow you to adjust the temperature from your smart device.
- IFTTT: Linking your thermostat with IFTTT (IF Then Then That), you can automatically make adjustments to your HVAC system. For example, a simple applet will turn on your heating or cooling system when the outside temperature (according to the Weather Channel app) reaches a preset high or low temperature.
- Samsung SmartThings: The Lyric Round (2.0) thermostat works with Samsung SmartThings so you can control your heating and cooling system through the SmartThings system.
- Lyric Accessories: Other accessories from the Lyric family can be used with the Lyric app. The Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector can be placed near sinks, washers, water heaters, and other places where leaks occur, and alerts you on your smartphone or tablet when a leak occurs, or if the temperature is too low.
Scheduling: The Smart Lyric Round (2.0) Thermostat offers the following programming options:
- Location-based Scheduling: The thermostat uses your smartphone's location to know when you're away and when you're home. Using geofencing technology, the thermostat senses when you are within a certain radius of home and turns on your heating/cooling system to make your home comfortable when you arrive.
- Smart Scheduling: Uses a combination of geofencing and time scheduling.
- Time-based Scheduling: You can program the thermostat for 7 days in a variety of ways: Mon-Sun (every day the same), 5-1-1 schedule (Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun), 5-2 schedule (Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun), or Each Day (every day different). You can set the temperature for up to four time periods a day: Wake, Leave, Return, Sleep. The thermostat's precise comfort control keeps the room temperature within 1°F of the level you set.
- No Scheduling: You can control the thermostat manually by adjusting the temperature set points only.
Auto Changeover: In climates where both air conditioning and heating are used on the same day, the Auto Changeover feature can save you from having to manually switch between the two modes. In the Auto mode, the thermostat automatically selects heating or cooling depending upon the room temperature. Heat and cool settings must be at least 3 degrees apart.
Smart Response Technology: The thermostat's Smart Response Technology learns how long it takes for the furnace and air conditioner to reach the programmed temperature settings. If it takes 15 minutes for the unit to reach the programmed temperature, the thermostat will turn on the furnace or AC 15 minutes early so the room reaches the programmed temperature at the time you set.
Filter Maintenance: The Lyric Round (2.0) can help you keep your system running by reminding you when your furnace's filter needs changing. You can schedule a filter change notification for one of the following time periods: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year or 3 years.
Compressor Protection: Damage can occur if the compressor is restarted too soon after shutdown. The built-in Compressor Protection forces the compressor to wait 5 minutes before restarting.
Power Requirements: The Lyric Round (2.0) Wi-Fi Thermostat can be powered by a AAA battery (included) or via a 24 VAC "common" wire from your heating system. If you plan to integrate the thermostat with Apple HomeKit, you must use the 24 VAC "C" wire.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Contemporary looking connected thermostat that functions with Apple Home. [ M Oct 16, 2018 ]
It's Apple HomeKit compatible and compatible with my current AC unit [ L Feb 16, 2018 ]
Contractor recommended. Replacing old Honeywell thermostat. Ecobee also an option but it only comes in black and I have white walls. [ H Oct 31, 2017 ]
one of the only wifi thermostats that doesn't require a c-wire a real plus for installation if you don't already have a control wire running to your thermostat [ David Oct 20, 2017 ]