On-Q 14" Enclosure with Screw-on Cover
Holds On-Q modules and other gear
Our take on the On-Q 14" Enclosure with Screw-on Cover by Crutchfield's Tara W.
This 14" enclosure enclosure stores different kinds of On-Q audio, video, and data modules you combine to create a customized structured wiring system. It helps you organize your gear and make neat, clean wiring connections.
The enclosure can be surface mounted on plywood backboard or mounted in between studs. Large top openings make pulling wire from the enclosure easy. Screw-on cover included.
- On-Q part # EN1400
- 14" enclosure with screw-on cover
- features large top openings that make pulling wire easy
- compatible with On-Q structured wiring modules
- mounts on plywood backboard or between studs
- knockouts, side lances, and side tabs offer mounting flexibility
- dimensions: 14-5/16"W x 14-1/8"H x 4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- White steel housing
- White steel cover
- 4 Machine screws
- 4 Star washers
- Cardboard cable guard rough-in insert
- Cable Indentification Table sticker
- Literature pouch
- Instruction/Installation Sheet
Overview: This 14" On-Q enclosure (EN1400) is the perfect solution for a basic structured wiring system. It features three large top openings that make pulling wire easier as well as additional knockouts, side lances, and side tabs for more flexible mounting. It even includes two bottom panel knockouts for mounting two duplex receptacles. It includes a screw-on cover. The back of the enclosure features two columns of mounting slots designed to fit On-Q modules (equipped with tabs and push-lock pins).
Note: The On-Q/Legrand Core Line Enclosures are available in four sizes - 14", 20", 28", and 42". Each enclosure features a screw on cover. The 28" and 42" is also available with a hinged cover.
Steel Construction: The On-Q enclosure features a rugged 20-guage steel housing and cover with durable power-coat finish in white.
- Steel Housing: The housing features two 6" wide x 12" tall rail sections to accommodate your On-Q telephone, RG6, Audio/Video, LAN, and Security modules. The On-Q modules (sold separately) easily snap-in.
- Screw-On Cover: The steel screw-on cover attaches to the steel housing by 4 supplied machine screws.
Identification Labels: The structured wired enclosure comes supplied with a self-adhesive cable identification table which can be placed on the back side of the cover so you can easily identify your cables and wiring.
Placement: The On-Q structured wired enclosure should be centrally located in the house to minimize the length of cable runs and in a climate controlled area. Temperature must be from 32-degrees to 122-degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity is to be controlled to not condense inside the enclosure.
Mounting: The enclosure may be either surface mounted or recess mounted between two studs installed on 16 inch centers.
- Surface Mounting: Typical surface mounting is on a 3/4" inch plywood back board and attaching the enclosure to your wall with wood screws (not supplied).
- Recessed Mounting: There are two methods for recess mounting the On-Q enclosure. In half inch drywall installations the enclosure may be mounted to the front of the studs using standard screw (sold separately). Alternatively, you may position the enclosure to the desired height and fasten to the sides of the studs using the slots in the tabs.
Grounding: The On-Q enclosure must be grounded. The ground cable is to be routed from the enclosure to the house electrical ground. The ground screw is located inside the bottom of the enclosure. Use a minimum of 14 AWG copper ground wire.
Dimensions: The housing and cover dimensions.
- Housing: Width = 14.3125", Height = 14.125", Depth = 4"
- Cover: Width = 15.5", Height = 15.25", Depth = 0.25"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I use this product allot [ Ruben Sep 02, 2017 ]
Yes, you don't necessarily need the box to mount the intercom system. But it really helps, since all of the components just clip into the available slots. Now that I KNOW that I will expand beyond the initial eight locations, it makes even more sense! No, prior to using intercom, I could not imagine having even eight places in the house where I would want it. Guess what? Convenience is contagious! [ ALEX Feb 02, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
1 answer The description references "This 14" enclosure enclosure stores different kinds of On-Q audio, video, and data modules you combine to create a customized structured wiring system." I cannot seem to locate any of these additional modules, ideally ones with keystones that allow easy custom configurations? [ Craig Dec 01, 2016 ]
The Crutchfield A/V Design Group will be best suited to help you with this: http://www.crutchfield.com/Institutional/diy.aspx This specially-trained group of advisors can recommend the components & accessories you'll need to get the performance you require. I hope that helps! [ Larry Dec 06, 2016 ] Staff