Over-ear zebrawood headphones
Our take on the Denon AH-D5200 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Attractive headphones with organic, detailed sound
Denon makes some of our most popular A/V receivers, but man do they know headphones, too. Just sink your ears into the plush blended-leather padding of the Denon AH-D5200 headphones. These premium headphones sport earcups made of real zebrawood — an exotic tonewood used to build high-end acoustic guitars. It lends the AH-D5200 a naturally warm, musical sound.
You'll find Denon's "FreeEdge" drivers under the hood — a shining example of Japanese headphones engineering. Large dynamic drivers are suspended within a baffle system that lowers resonance. The drivers deliver healthy mids, smooth highs, and tight, potent bass.
- closed-back design to block out external noise
- Zebrawood earcup housings for organically warm sound
- rich tonal qualities with natural sound dampening
- lightweight aluminum alloy earcup sliders and flexible headband for durability
- soft bonded-leather earpads and headband padding
- 3D-shaped memory foam for ergonomic fit
Denon's "FreeEdge" drivers:
- sturdy baffle and suspension system helps lower resonance
- tuned to a neutral, well-rounded presentation
- 50mm lightweight, rigid diaphragms
- smooth presentation across a wide frequency response
Accessories and General Info:
- 10.25-foot detachable 7N-purity copper cable terminated with a gold-plated 1/4" headphone plug
- designed for use with free Denon Audio app with custom EQ and streaming radio for Apple and Android devices
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 103 dB
- impedance: 24 ohms
- weight: 16.1 ounces
- warranty: 2 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphone
- 10.25' Audio cable (two 3.5mm plugs at headphone and 3.5mm plug at device)
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter (installed)
- Storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.867" x 3.867"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-40k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Denon AH-D5200 premium over-ear headphones utilize real wood housings and proprietary FreeEdge drivers to provide high quality sound. With soft leather ear pads and an ergonomic design, the headphones can be worn for hours without fatigue. The AH-D5200s come with a detachable 10.25' cable with gold-plated connectors, a 1/4" adapter, and a soft, drawstring carrying pouch.
Zebrawood Ear Cups: The headphones feature authentic Zebrawood ear cups that have a beautiful dark brown finish. The natural wood housing greatly reduces unwanted resonances to give you better accuracy and detail in your music.
FreeEdge Drivers: The AH-D5200 headphones feature Japanese-made 50mm drivers with Denon's FreeEdge technology. The drivers are rigid, yet lightweight with soft, compliant surrounds to make them easy to drive.
Construction: The AH-D5200s feature ergonomically curved lightweight diecast aluminum hangers. In addition to being highly rigid and durable, the hangers also swivel for maximum comfort. The headband and memory foam ear pads are covered with engineered leather. The headband is adjustable to accommodate varying head sizes, using positive ball-bearing click-stops and numbered markings to help you remember your personal setting.
Cable: The 10.25' detachable headphone cable is covered in braided fabric to cut down on unwanted contact noise. It has dual gold-plated 3.5mm plugs on the headphone side and a straight 3.5mm plug on the device end. The 3.5mm plug lets you use the headphones with your smartphone or portable music player. The included snap-on 1/4" adapter works with your home audio components or professional studio.
- Type: Dynamic
- Driver Size: 50mm
- Input Impedance: 24Ω
- Sensitivity: 103dB/mW
- Maximum Input: 1800mW
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 40kHz
- Earcup Dimensions: Diameter 3.867" Depth 2.167"
- Weight: 16.1 ounces (including cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.