Klipsch Reference R-26FA
Dolby Atmos® enabled floor-standing speaker
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Klipsch Reference R-26FA by Crutchfield's James Ralston
Go big with Klipsch and Dolby Atmos
Klipsch's R-26FA floor-standing speaker comes fitted with one set of forward-facing drivers to handle the duties of a typical front-channel home theater speaker. It uses an additional set of upward-firing drivers to elevate your soundtracks when you play movies and shows encoded with Dolby Atmos — a newer type of surround sound that expands your movie soundtracks by reflecting sounds off the ceiling.
Convenience and value
We love how the Klipsch Reference line delivers lots of performance for the price, and, judging by the reviews, so do our customers. Grabbing a pair of these towers is an excellent way to outfit your home theater for the next generation of surround sound on a reasonable budget.
Does your receiver have what it takes?
You'll need a home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos in order to get enhanced surround sound with these speakers.
Build a complete Reference Dolby Atmos system
Bookshelf speakers (an option for rear channels): Klipsch R-14M and Klipsch R-15M
Center channel: Klipsch R-25C
Dedicated surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Add-on Dolby Atmos speakers (can be used for rear height channels, if your system has them): Klipsch R-14SA
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
Main Channel Specifications:
- frequency response: 38-24,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum tweeter
- two 6-1/2" spun copper IMG (injection-molded graphite) woofers
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring
Height Channel Specifications:
- frequency response: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- sensitivity: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak)
- Hybrid Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS aluminum tweeter
- 5-1/4" Cerametallic cone woofer
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- single binding post speaker terminals
- removeable front and top grilles
- brushed black polymer finish
- built-in MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) base for increased speaker stability
- 7-13/16"W x 39"H x 16-1/4"D
- weight: 52 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Large grille
- Small grille (installed)
- User Manual
- Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
I love them. Look great, sound great.
Bruce, Shoreham, NY
Klipsch Reference R-26FA Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||38-24k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Dolby Atmos Enabled Floorstanding Speaker: The Klipsch R-26FA is built upon the same technology and power as Klipsch's RP-26F floorstanding speaker, but with an elevation channel integrated into the top of the speaker to reflect sound off the ceiling to deliver the overhead Dolby Atmos experience.
- Main Channel: The Klipsch R-26FA's main channel consists of a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter with a Tractrix Horn and dual 6.5" copper-spun cone woofers in a bass reflex enclosure. The main channel can handle up to 100 watts of continuous power and 400 watts of peak power. The main channel connects to your AV receiver's main front speaker outputs.
- Height Channel (for Dolby Atmos): The floorstanding speaker's height channel consists of a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter with a Tractrix Horn and one 5.25" copper-spun cone woofer in a sealed enclosure. The height channel can handle up to 75 watts of continuous power and 150 watts of peak power. The height channel connects to your AV receiver's Dolby Atmos effect speaker outputs.
Note: Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth. Learn more out Dolby Atmos here.
Horn-Loaded LTS Tweeters: The R-26FA floorstanding speaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- Tractrix Horn Technology: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage.
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0-inch aluminum tweeter with a linear travel suspension to minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Dual Copper-Spun IMG Woofers: The Klipsch R-26FA floorstanding speaker is outfitted with Copper-Spun IMG woofers. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Front-Firing Port: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker features a front-firing port that is perfectly matched to the cabinet and drivers. The front placement of the port creates ideal airflow with minimal distortion.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-26FA floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a brushed polymer veneer black finish that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is utilized because of its damping characteristics for natural, uncolored sound without unwanted vibration and distortion.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-26FA floorstanding loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is acoustically transparent.
Binding Post Terminals: The floorstanding speaker offers dual binding post terminals for the main channel and single binding post terminals for the height channel. The main channel's two sets of binding posts are connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the main channel of the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Note: The speaker's main channel binding posts will need to be connected to your AV receiver's main front speaker outputs, while the speaker's height channel binding posts must be connected to your AV receiver's Dolby Atmos effects speaker outputs.
Integrated Rubber Feet: The Klipsch R-26FA floorstanding speaker features four integrated rubber feet for placing the speaker securely and safely on your hardwood, laminate, or tile floor (these rubber feet should never be removed). The floorstanding speaker does not come with any carpet spikes.
Placement: For optimum performance, Klipsch suggests placing the floorstanding speakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of three other floorstanding speakers (R-24F/R-26F/R-28F), two bookshelf speakers (R-14M/R-15M), one center channel speaker (R-25C), and one surround speaker (R-14S). The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the R-26FA floorstanding speaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Excellent speakers for Dolby Atmos, match my existing Klipsch Center and Klipsch subwoofer. [ BRUCE Mar 15, 2018 ]
I wanted to get AMOS speakers for the rear speakers [ Michael Nov 24, 2017 ]