Olympus M. Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ
Wide-angle zoom lens for Olympus PEN, OM-D, and other mirrorless cameras (Black)
Our take on the Olympus M. Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
An impressively compact and versatile lens
This super-compact, retractable Olympus M. Zuiko lens changes the equation, giving you the flexibility you might expect from a traditional kit zoom lens — in a form that extends out only about 1" from the camera's front surface when fully retracted. It's lightweight as well, weighing in at a scant 3.2 ounces. It's the perfect lens choice to have mounted to your mirrorless camera when you're not sure what's next — a dramatic landscape, a child's face out on the playground — or a candid group shot.
With its quiet, Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system, this lens also excels at enabling you to gather excellent sound while capturing video. There's even a variable speed electronic zoom mechanism for smooth, virtually silent zoom control during shooting. Of course, the superb optical performance you've come to expect from Olympus is still here in spades. Aspherical, extra-low dispersion, and super-high refractive index glass lens elements make your images as sharp and artifact-free as they can be.
- Olympus M. Zuiko 14-42mm ED f/3.5-5.6 EZ lens
- designed for use with Olympus PEN and OM-D cameras with Micro Four Thirds lens mounts
- compatible with cameras with Micro Four Thirds-size lens mount
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 28-84mm
- electronic retraction feature automatically extends and retracts lens when camera is powered on/off
- electronic zoom mechanism for smooth, consistent zooming
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) autofocus system for quick, silent focusing
- minimum focus distance: 7-7/8" (at 14mm), 9-7/8 (at 42mm)
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- 8 elements in 7 groups
- one extra-low dispersion (ED) lens element
- three aspherical lens elements
- one super-high refractive index element
- 5 rounded aperture blades
- attachment/filter size: 37mm
- lens is 2-7/16" in diameter, 1-1/8" long (when retracted)
- weight: 3.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
What's in the Box:
- M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 LZ zoom lens (black)
- LC-37B Front lens cap (installed)
- LR-2 Rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty card
Small, smart, easy to use and with the crisp, sharp images that we all strive for, what more could you ask for?
Earl, Birmingham, AL
Olympus M. Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Micro Four Thirds Mount: The M. Zuiko Digital 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 wide angle zoom lens has a Micro Four Thirds mount. It is compatible with the Olympus PEN and OM-D interchangeable lens cameras, and has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-48mm when used with a full frame camera. The lens features all metal construction, and is ideal for shooting high-quality dramatic landscapes and portraits.
Electronic Zoom and Retraction: The 14-42mm lens features an electronic retraction feature that automatically extends and retracts the lens when the camera is powered on/off. The two-step Electronic Zoom mechanism delivers smooth consistent zooming control, especially desirable when shooting movies.
MSC: This high-quality lens has a built-in MSC (Movie and Still Compatible) AF drive for fast, quiet focusing, even while shooting movies.
Lens Specifications: The lens has the following specifications:
- Focal Length: 14-42mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 24-84mm
- Maximum Aperture: F3.5 (at 14mm) - F5.6 (at 42mm)
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Angle of View: 29° to 75°
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.23x
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 7 groups (including 3 aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens, and 1 S-HR lens)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 7.87" (at 14mm), 9.8" (at 42mm)
- Diaphragm: 5 blade circular aperture diaphragm
- Filter Diameter: 37mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.378", Length=1.085" (1.358." w/lens caps)
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Wanted to make the entire camera as light and compact as possible. [ John Jun 29, 2017 ]
To use on the Olympus Pen-f camera [ Earl Aug 17, 2016 ]
A very compact pancake lens so that I can pocket my mirrorless camera [ Jack Aug 09, 2016 ]
Seems like good choice for the M5 mk2 Olympus camera Reasonable price for the quality. [ Harry Jan 25, 2016 ]