Focal 100 IW LCR5
Multi-purpose in-wall speaker
Our take on the Focal 100 IW LCR5 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Versatile in-wall sound from Focal
Want fantastic sound with music and movies without taking up space on your floor? Focal's 100 IW LCR5 in-wall speaker is an excellent choice for a zero-footprint surround sound system without sacrificing audio performance. Use this high-quality "LCR" as a left-, center-, or right-channel speaker as part of your Focal custom-installed home theater.
Super smooth lows and highs
This speaker features two of Focal's 5-1/8" Polyglass woofers — the same driver used in many of their popular bookshelf and floor-standing speakers; Smooth, natural highs come courtesy of a 1" aluminum dome tweeter, which pivots 360° to direct high frequencies toward you. The 100 IW 6 even has built-in three-position tweeter and woofer level controls to adjust high- and low-frequency output to best suit your room's acoustics.
Adaptable to your décor
The 100 IW 6 includes a low-profile grille that you can paint to match your room's décor. Plus it's magnetic, so attaching it is a breeze.
- ideal for use in a stealthy home theater system, or as part of an in-wall stereo music system
- install a pair vertically as left- and right-channel speakers
- install one horizontally as a center channel, ideal if you want a seamless front soundstage with matching speakers across your room
- 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- tweeter pivots 360° to direct high frequencies toward you
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- dual 5-1/8" Polyglass mid-bass drivers
- three-position woofer level control cuts or boosts mid-bass frequencies to tailor the sound to your room
- humidity-resistant design (not recommended for direct exposure to water)
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile, paintable magnetic grille for discreet installation
- recommended amplifier power: 25-120 watts
- frequency response: 55-23,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- designed and developed in France
- cutout dimensions: 5-13/16"W x 16-3/8"H
- overall dimensions: 6-13/16"W x 17-1/4"H
- mounting depth: 3-1/4"
- weight: 3.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One in-wall speaker
- 1 metal-mesh grill (white)
- Cut-out template
- User manual
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||5.813 x 16.313|
|Power Range (Watts)||25-120|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Focal 100 IWLCR5 is a two-way, in-wall speaker designed for small to medium sized rooms in home applications. It can be used in distributed systems, like hallways and living areas, stereo systems for living rooms and bedrooms, as well as part of a home theater system. The speaker can be mounted horizontally, for center channel applications, or vertically as a front or surround speaker. The IWLCR5 is even ideal for humid environments such as a bathroom or kitchen.
Design: The 100 IWLCR5 features dual 5-1/8" Polyglass cone midbass drivers and a 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter. The speaker's compact unibody and new crossover were designed to improve sound dispersion and off-axis listening. The tweeter can be tilted up to 20˚ in any direction and includes a 3-way switch for adjusting the output level according to the acoustic environment with selections of -3dB, 0dB, and +3dB. A second 3-way switch allows the same type of adjustment for the midrange frequencies with selections of -2dB, 0dB, and +2dB. The speaker comes with a paintable, magnetic, metal-mesh grill. Small magnets around the rim of the speaker allow the grill to be easily placed and removed with no tools required. Two spring-posts are provided for attaching speaker wire.
Installation: The Focal in-wall speaker includes 6 integrated mounting brackets with optimized grips. These allow the speaker to be locked into place by simply tightening the 6 Philips-head screws after placing speaker in the opening. As the screw is tightened, the arms will swing outward and press against the backside of the drywall or mounting surface. The screws remain attached to the mounting arms, even when fully loosened, preventing them from falling out and making for an easier installation.
- Drivers: Two 5-1/8" Polyglass midbass, 1" aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: 90.5db
- Frequency Response (+/- 3dB): 55Hz - 23kHz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- RMS Power: 25 - 120W
- Cutout Dimensions: Width - 5.813", Height - 16.313"
- Mounting Depth: 3.25"
- External Dimensions: Width - 6.813", Height - 17.250", Depth - 3.50"
- Net Weight (w/grill): 3.89 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Focal 100 IW LCR5
Multi-purpose in-wall speaker$249.99 each
Polk Audio RC65i
Polk Audio 255C-RT
In-wall center channel speaker
Multi-purpose in-wall home theater speaker