Canon EF-M 22mm F/2.0 STM
Wide-angle "pancake" prime lens for Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras
Item # 280M22 | MFR # 9808B002
Out of Stock
Instant Savings: -$20.00
$229.00 Earn up to 229 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Canon EF-M 22mm F/2.0 STM by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A great match for your Canon EOS M series camera
The Canon EF-M 22mm STM lens pairs with your EOS M series camera for an irresistibly low-profile system that can go with you anywhere. This fast lens has a minimum focus distance of just 5.9", making it ideal for close-up work in addition to wide shots. Its large maximum aperture gives you dreamy blurred backgrounds for stunning portraits and enhances low-light performance so you can use it for indoor shots without flash, as well as twilight scenes outdoors. The lens's stepping motor makes autofocusing smooth, fast and quiet, so it's perfect for moviemaking too.
- Canon EF-M 22mm f/2.0 STM lens
- designed for use with Canon EOS M series mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 35mm
- compact, lightweight design
- stepping motor (STM) provides smooth and quiet continuous autofocus for video recording and shooting photos
- 1 aspherical element for excellent image quality
- constructed of 7 elements in 6 groups
- minimum focus distance: 5.9"
- 7-blade circular aperture for smooth background defocusing
- filter diameter: 43mm
- lens is 2-7/16" in diameter, 1-3/16" long
- weight: 3.7 oz.
- front and rear lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EF-M 22mm F2 STM lens (silver)
- E-43 Front lens cap (installed)
- EB Rear lens cap (installed)
- Warranty card
Overview: The Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM lens is an EF-M series, medium wide-angle lens for Canon EOS M cameras, such as the EOS M3. It has the EF-M mount, which is compatible only with EOS M cameras. The lens is ultra-slim and compact, so you can carry it anywhere.
Stepping Motor (STM): The lens is equipped with a stepping motor (STM), which provides smooth and quiet continuous auto focus during video shooting.
Aperture: The EF-M 22mm has a 7-blade circular aperture, which delivers soft-focus backgrounds and a short minimum focusing distance (5.88").
Focusing Ring: Whether you're in auto focus or manual focus mode on the camera, the full-time manual focusing feature allows you to focus on the subject using the focus ring on the lens. There is no focus mode switch on the lens.
Optional Lens Hood/Case: The optional EW-43 lens hood can be added to keep unwanted light out of the lens, and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust. The optional LP811 lens case will protect the lens when not in use.
- Focal Length/Aperture: 22mm f/2 (35mm film format equivalent: 35mm)
- Lens Construction: 6 groups, 7 elements
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Magnification: 0.21x
- Filter Diameter: 43mm
- Field of View: approx. 2.83" x 4.29"
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 63° 30'
- Vertical: 37° 50'
- Horizontal: 54° 30'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 5.88"
- Diameter: 2.399"
- Length: 1.181" (1.691" with caps)
- Weight: 3.7 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I've observed the photos shot from the use of this lens, and appreciate privacy of the size, which is quite easy for travel... [ RICHARD D Oct 28, 2017 ]