Atlas Sound SMA-12
12" 2-way powered PA speaker — 500W peak
Our take on the Atlas Sound SMA-12 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Portable speaker with a punch
For over 80 years, Atlas Sound has been producing sound equipment to meet consumer and pro audio needs, and now they've put their design know-how into creating a portable powered PA speaker. The SMA-12 speaker combines a 12" woofer with a die-cast frame, a high-frequency compression driver, and a 250-watt Class D amplifier, all housed in a compact, heavy-duty molded enclosure.
The ins and outs
The SMA-12's rear panel features an XLR mic input, XLR line input, and a set of RCA line inputs. Each XLR input includes separate volume and EQ controls to shape the sound of the source. You can use the XLR line output to drive another SMA powered speaker, or use the Speakon output to drive a passive speaker.
Easy-grip handles on the top and both sides of the cabinet aid in portability, and the cabinet has a 1-3/8" pole mount for a speaker stand. Its portability and sturdy construction make it a great candidate if you're shopping for a powered speaker. And Atlas' years of experience make it a candidate you can trust.
- 2-way portable powered PA speaker
- 12" woofer with diecast frame
- high-frequency compression driver
- built-in amp delivers 250 watts RMS to both drivers
- XLR line input with gain control and 2-band EQ
- XLR mic input with gain control and 3-band EQ
- RCA line inputs
- XLR output for connecting a powered speaker
- Speakon amplifier output for connecting a passive speaker
- frequency response: 69-16,500 HZ
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- dimensions: 23-1/2"H x 13"W x 11-3/4"D
- weight: 40 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||1|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|System Frequency response||69-16,500|
|RMS Power rating||250|
|Program Power rating||---|
|Peak Power rating||500|
|Mic Inputs||1 XLR|
|Line Inputs||XLR, RCA (1)|