Aquatic AV AQ-RF-6UBT
Wireless 2-way remote for select Aquatic AV spa stereos
Our take on the Aquatic AV AQ-RF-6UBT by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
More control over Aquatic AV spa stereos
Aquatic AV's AQ-RF-6UBT wireless remote control lets you move around your spa or pool, while still controlling your Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6BT-G or AQ-BC-6BT-G spa stereo. This remote boasts a 40-foot range and a backlit LCD display, so you can view and pick your song info without using the stereo's controls. Don't worry about dropping it in the water, since this IP66-rated remote even floats. And because it uses RF (radio frequency) signals, you don't have to aim it directly at the stereo to get your music going.
Just add the stereo
This remote package includes the wireless RF receiver that connects to the Aquatic AV stereo and a USB cable. When the remote's battery runs low, simply recharge it using the included USB cable. Or if you're using the Aquatic AV AQ-DM-6BT-G spa stereo locker, you can simply juice it up using the charging dock inside the locker where it also stays protected. The built-in lithium polymer battery holds a standby charge of 15 days between uses.
- floating wireless remote for compatible with Aquatic AV AQ-BC-6BT and AQ-DM-6BT-G spa stereos
- includes remote, RF wireless receiver, and USB charging cable
- 40' wireless range
- IP66 water rating
- 15-day standby charge
- dimensions: 6-7/8" H x 2-5/8" W x 7/8" D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless remote control
- RF Receiver w/attached 12" cord (terminated in an 8-pin plug)
- 40" USB charging cable (Type-A 2.0 connector on one end and a 2-pin proprietary connector on other end)
- Instruction sheet
Overview: The Aquatic AV AQ-RF-6UBT is a handheld spa remote control designed to work with all AV "6-series" Spa Stereos and Digital Media Lockers. The waterproof remote control is handheld, battery operated, floats, and has a wireless range of over 40 feet.
Communication: With 2-way communication to the spa stereo, the system can be remotely operated while viewing song, track, and other system information on the remote's back-lit LCD screen. Since the remote uses RF (radio frequency) technology, it can provide a greater range and doesn't require "line-of-sight" control, compared to IR (infra red) remote controls. The included RF receiver plugs into the proprietary port on the Aquatic AV Spa Radio or Digital Media Locker (both sold separately) and is used to receive signals transmitted from the remote control. If using with an Aquatic AV radio with a "U" in the model number suffix, the RF receiver is built-in and an external one is not required.
Controls: The AQ-RF-6UBT remote provides the following functions with most buttons able to change 2 features, depending on whether the button is pushed once or held in (Note: Some button functions will vary with radio model):
- Mode: This is used to change Sources on the audio unit and for Bluetooth pairing.
- Volume +/-: Single press changes volume by individual increments, pressing and holding changes volume rapidly.
- Track Forward/Back Buttons: Are also used for fast-forwarding and rewinding as well as AM/FM tuner scanning.
- Audio: Enters the Audio menu on the playback device.
- 1, 2, 3 Buttons: Activates Pop, Rock, and Classic EQ modes, change folders for USB mode, and can be used as Preset buttons for AM/FM.
- EXT Trigger: Activate either or both of the External Trigger wires on the audio device. Used for 12V trigger activation of other equipment.
- VBass: Toggles the Virtual Bass setting On/Off.
Charging: The AQ-RF-6UBT remote's internal battery can be recharged using the included 40" USB cable. This has a Type-A, 2.0 USB connector on one end and a proprietary 2-pin connector that plugs into the bottom of the remote control on the other end.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.