Powered sound bar with Bluetooth® and Anthem Room Correction
MartinLogan Verse - Drivers angled to provide wide soundstage with dedicated left, right, and center channel
MartinLogan Verse - Includes a calibration mic that connects to your computer to automatically adjust the sound bar's settings to your room.
MartinLogan Verse - Wireless transmitter for adding a compatible MartinLogan wireless subwoofer (sold separately)
Our take on the MartinLogan Verse by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Anthem Room Correction (ARC) technology optimizes the sound for your room — no matter where you place the Verse sound bar.
Powerful drivers deliver spacious, gripping sound
For open floor plans and larger spaces, I find that premium sound bars like the MartinLogan Verse usually work best. Two reasons. The first reason is build quality — solid, high-grade parts won't rattle or vibrate as much when you turn up the volume. And you can tell MartinLogan constructed this bar with great care. They've laid out the nine full-range drivers to create a wider soundstage that can even simulate surround sound.
That brings us to reason #2: Pure power — a must for a truly believable home theater. MartinLogan powers each of the nine drivers with its own dedicated amplifier. That gives you better dynamics, clear dialogue, and extra sonic punch that can really cut through, even in acoustically challenging open rooms.
Easy TV sound setup and Bluetooth for music
MartinLogan designed this single bar to serve as your main home theater and music system. It features optical digital and analog RCA stereo connections. Plus you can play tunes wirelessly from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth.
A rigid cabinet and angled full-range drivers create strong sound with dedicated left, right, and center channels.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC) tailors the sound to your space
The Verse features Anthem's advanced ARC speaker calibration system — one of the best I've ever used. This special processing tames problems caused by sound reflecting off of hard surfaces and furniture in your specific room.
ARC runs on a Windows PC with the included calibrated microphone. Apple users can also download the ARC Mobile app for iOS® and use your iPhone's internal mic to capture and measure your room reflections. I've seen ARC dial in the sound of many speakers — both at my house and here at work. It really smoothed out unruly low frequencies in Crutchfield's large training room, resulting in balanced, more detailed bass.
- powered five-channel home theater sound with wireless music playback
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Anthem Room Correction (ARC) technology optimizes sound bar's sound to your room
- included calibration mic captures the room's reflections and other sound challenges
- mic connects to your laptop via USB (Windows required)
- free ARC mobile app for iOS® devices lets you use the internal mic on your iPhone®
- wired network connection required for ARC technology
Sound Specs and Features:
- nine dedicated amplifiers (one per driver) delivering 135 watts RMS total system power
- nine 2.5" high-excursion cone drivers for powerful, full-range sound
- drivers angled to provide wide soundstage with dedicated left, right, and center channel
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® surround decoding, with digital signal processing for simulated 5.1 surround sound
- wireless transmitter for adding a compatible MartinLogan wireless subwoofer (sold separately)
Connections and General Info:
- 2 optical digital audio inputs
- 2 analog RCA stereo audio inputs
- mono RCA subwoofer output for adding a powered subwoofer (not included)
- Ethernet port for wired internet connections
- black anodized aluminum remote
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- 46-1/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 5"D
- weight: 12.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Subwoofer wireless receiver (SWT-SB)
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- AC power plug
- Auto-calibration microphone
- 6.5" miniUSB-to-USB cable (for ARC)
- 8' IR emitter cable
- 12" Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Shoulder bolts
- Quick Start Guide
- User's Manual
- Wall-Mount Template
- Warranty Registration Card
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
Very nice sound, even better with a subwoofer. Many times I find myself saying wow! Forgetting it's a soundbar. This is the first higher end brand audio product I have purchased. Good service from Crutchfield as well.
Anonymous, Chesterfield, MO
MartinLogan Verse Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||1|
|Midrange||2.5" Cone (9)|
|Subwoofer Driver||Not Given|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||N/A|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||Yes|
|Control by App||N|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in (4.2)|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|System Frequency Response||65-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||135W|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||3-1/2H x 46-1/8W x 5D|
|Sound Bar Weight||12.7 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
Nine Full-Range Drivers w/ Nine Channels of Amplification: The MartinLogan Verse active soundbar speaker is equipped with nine 2.5" high-excursion, full-range drivers housed in a non-resonant asymmetrical sealed cabinet for detailed, accurate sound. Each driver receives 15 watts of power from the built-in 135W/9Ch amplifier for dynamic, well-balanced sound.
Advanced Digital Signal Processing: Advanced digital signal processing technology allows MartinLogan to replace five dedicated home theater speakers with a one piece solution capable of reproducing multi-channel recordings with unflinching accuracy, resolution, and detail. The Verse reproduces front left, right, and center channels via the system's multi-driver array, while the surround channels are simulated using sophisticated digital signal processing that directs sound from the system's multi-driver array throughout the room for an immersive home theater surround sound experience.
Digital & Analog Inputs: The MartinLogan Verse is outfitted with both digital & analog inputs. The Verse is equipped with two optical (toslink) digital inputs that support 5.1ch Dolby Digital/DTS and 2ch PCM. The soundbar speaker also features two stereo RCA inputs.
Notes: Most TVs are not capable of passing multichannel encoded audio signals input from another source and will downmix these signals to a 2-channel stereo mix before sending them to the television's digital output. You will want to run cables directly from the source to the soundbar while simultaneously running HDMI from each source to the TV for the video signal. This has the advantage of allowing the soundbar to receive multichannel encoded material.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The MartinLogan Verse is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming, allowing you to stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the active soundbar speaker system. In addition to Bluetooth standard SBC codec, the Verse offers support for aptX to insure the highest possible sound quality over Bluetooth. aptX delivers CD-like (16-bit/48kHz) audio quality from aptX compatible devices, like many Android smartphones & tablets. Only one device can be paired and connected to the soundbar at one time.
Note: The Verse does not support playback control or song/artist/album info display. You will still use your Bluetooth source device to control music playback and to view song/artist/album information.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC): Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Technology uses an exclusive calibration microphone and advanced DSP algorithms in conjunction with Windows PC ARC software (for 7/8.1/10) to quickly and easily optimize speaker performance in any room. You can also use the Anthem ARC Mobile app (for Apple iOS 9.2+) and your iPhone's internal microphone. In just a few easy steps the microphone measures sound output, compares it to scientifically optimal response curves, and instantly tunes the soundbar speaker's output for perfect sound.
Note: The Verse features an Ethernet (RJ45) jack which is used exclusively to connect the soundbar to the same network as your Windows PC or Apple iOS device running ARC software.
Audio Settings: The MartinLogan Verse offers a variety of audio adjustments through it menu system.
- Surround Mode: You can set how the soundbar's simulated surround sound function handles multichannel audio. Select On (to activate simulated 5.1ch surround), Off (to downmix to 3.1ch simulated surround), or +6dB (to boost simulated surround channels by 6dB for extra output).
- Stereo Mode: You can set how the soundbar reproduces 2ch audio. Select Wide (to create a wider stereo image), Voice+ (to simulate a center channel from left & right channels), or Normal (to reproduce traditional 2ch stereo sound).
- Bass Mode: Bass mode lets you adjust the bass equalization of the soundbar. elect Night mode (to dial down the bass), Bass+ mode (to emphasize the bass), or Normal mode (to restore normal levels).
- Power-On Volume: Program the soundbar to turn on to a specific volume level (-90DB to +10dB) or the last volume level set when it was turned off.
Remote Control: The MartinLogan Verse includes an IR remote control, features two IR output jacks, and comes with an IR emitter. There are also controls located on the side-panel of the soundbar.
- IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the Verse soundbar. This simple remote control quickly adjusts volume and selects inputs. The remote also allows you to easily adjust menu settings. In addition, you can program your TV's remote to operate the soundbar's Power & Volume.
- IR Outputs & Emitter: Two rear-panel 3.5mm IR output jacks accept IR emmiters (one IR emmiter is included with the soundbar). Plug the IR emitter into either of the soundbar's IR output jacks and place the other end of the IR emitter over the IR sensor on another piece of equipment. The use of the IR emitter allows the soundbar to pass IR signals from any remote control to a tethered device, allowing control of equipment in locations a remote would normally not reach.
Note: Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
LCD Screen: The active soundbar features an LCD screen which indicates Input Source & Name, Volume Level, Audio Codec, & ARC status. The front-panel display can be set to Bright or Dim.
Mounting Options: MartinLogan's Verse soundbar perfectly complements flat screen televisions measuring 50" and larger. Its low-profile design is ideal for tabletop placement or wall-mounting. It should be centered directly above or below your TV. The soundbar menu allows you to optimize acoustic performance for either "on-wall" or "on-shelf" installations.
- Tabletop: The Verse soundbar can be simply placed directly on top of a flat surface, like a shelf, stand, or other piece of AV furniture.
- Wall-Mount: A bracket is included to mount the soundbar to the wall, above or below your TV. Mounting screws not included.
Optional Subwoofer: It's easy to add a powered subwoofer and more bass to the MartinLogan Verse, thanks to the soundbar's built-in wireless transmitter and the included wireless receiver. Up to a 45' wireless range allows flexible subwoofer placement in any room. Works with any powered subwoofer that has an LFE or RCA input. In addition, the Verse is equipped with a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connecting a wired powered subwoofer.
Note: The included wireless receiver comes with an AC power adapter which will need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The MartinLogan Verse comes with a detachable AC power cord which must be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
Auto Standby: The active soundbar will turn itself off after no audio signal is detected for approximately 20 minutes. When the soundbar detects an audio signal, it will immediately turn itself on.
Firmware Updates: A rear-panel USB (type-A) port is used for performing firmware updates that have been downloaded from the MartinLogan website onto a USB thumbdrive.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Self Powered, amazing reviews. [ Park City Rider Mar 10, 2018 ]
Research and reviews! [ Howard Dec 14, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
1 answer Why does the Martin Logan Verse sound bar appear identical to the Paradigm Soundplay on the Paradigm website. Paradigm even has a more expensive version with wireless music playback that appears identical to the Martin Logan Cadence. Who makes these products... Martin Logan or Paradigm? [ Eric C Feb 15, 2018 ]
As we don't (currently) stock the Paradigm Soundplay model here, it's difficult to draw comparisons to the MartinLogan Verse. However if you'd like to discuss the Verse (or other models on our site) in more detail, please feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks! [ Larry Mar 03, 2018 ] Staff