Polk Audio CSW155
Passive in-wall subwoofer
Our take on the Polk Audio CSW155 by Crutchfield's Amanda P.
Experience deep, high-impact bass without sacrificing an inch of floor space. Polk's CSW155 installs discreetly in your wall for a clutter-free look. Its 10" driver delivers impressively full, powerful lows — from the earth-shaking rumble of an on-screen avalanche, to the fine, precise tones of an upright bass in a jazz concert. This capable sub features a high-quality build and sophisticated design to ensure clean, smooth low-frequency response. And once it's installed, all you'll see is the included aluminum grille.
Polk's separate SWA500 amplifier is an ideal choice for powering the CSW155.
- requires separate amplifier such as Polk's SWA500
- 10" woofer
- frequency response 36-120 Hz (-3dB)
- rigid MDF (medium-density fiberboard) slot ported enclosure with steel plate reinforcement
- Klippel-analyzed woofer for low distortion
- 2" voice coil for high output and power handling
- cast aluminum basket for minimal resonance
- neodymium magnet
- mounting hardware and anti-rattle isolation pads included
- 15-1/2"W x 17-1/2"H grille included
- cutout: 14"W x 60"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/8"
- lifetime warranty
What's in the Box:
- In-wall/in-ceiling subwoofer
- 4 Metal mounting brackets
- 5 Self-adhesive foam isolation pads (1" x 8")
- 16 Wood screws (Length=1")
- 16 Flat washers
- White aluminum grille w/plastic frame
- 12 Wood screws (Length=3/4")
- Owner's Manual
- 2 Installation sheets (English and French)
- Online product registration sheet
Better mounting /installation instructions should be included, instructions state that wire Connections are on top and bottom-Not! Bottom only, otherwise great speaker!
Jim, Warrington, PA
Polk Audio CSW155 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||15.5 x 17.5|
|Power Range (Watts)||N/A|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
Matched Amplifier: The CSW155 requires and is designed to only be used with the Polk SWA500 Subwoofer amplifier (107SWA500, sold separately). The SWA500 comes with a SPEX Card that configures the EQ, crossover, and power control circuitry to match the CSW155 subwoofer.
Woofer: The CSW155 features a long-throw, Klippel-analyzed 10" fiber cone woofer with a rubber surround. By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers optimized the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for the best possible performance and low distortion even at extreme listening levels.
Woofer Design: The woofer is equipped with the following structural features:
- Neodymium motor structure makes the subwoofer shallow without sacrificing performance
- rigid cast aluminum basket to suppress resonance
- 2" voice coil for high bass output and high power handling
- inverted roll surround for reliability
- dual spiders ensure linear excursion and prevent the driver from bottoming out
Enclosure Construction: The CSW155 has rigidly braced MDF enclosure construction for low resonance and rattle-free performance.
Slot Vent: The enclosure feature and integrated slot vent for deep, driving bass.
Grille: The CSW155 is designed to fire through an opening in the wall or ceiling. Once the installation is complete, the opening is to be covered with the supplied 15-1/2" x 17-1/2" perforated aluminum grille.
Spring Posts: The CSW155 subwoofer has spring post terminals that will accept pin connectors and bare wire. The terminals are mounted on the bottom panel of the enclosure.
Woofer Protection Cover: The enclosure comes with a 1/2" thick, 16" x 14" MDF panel secured to the enclosure protecting the woofer. In addition to protecting the woofer, the cover can be used as a template for cutting the drywall for the grille.
Mounting Location: The CSW155 is designed to be mounted between wall studs or ceiling joists. It fits comfortably between 16" OC (on center) studs.
Mounting Brackets: The supplied brackets and wood screws allow you to mount the CSW155 to any parallel wall studs or ceiling joists.
Isolation Pads: When the enclosure is installed, it fits snugly against one of the wall studs or ceiling joists. To prevent rattling, the isolation pads should be installed between the enclosure and the stud or joist.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed an in-wall subwoofer. [ Frank Aug 22, 2018 ]
Needed an in wall sub-woofer. [ Paul Dec 15, 2015 ]