Simple Control Simple System™ and Simple Blaster Wi-Fi®
Includes iOS® app, Simple Blaster infrared transmitter, software license, and 12-month Simple Service™ subscription
Item # 233SCRB140 | MFR # SCRB140
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Simple Control Simple System™ and Simple Blaster Wi-Fi® by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Control all of your entertainment devices from a single app
Want hands-on control of your audio/video gear and home automation equipment? Here's a clever solution that turns your iOS device into a whole-house command center. The Simple Control Simple System replaces the multitude of existing smart device control apps on your phone with a single app that lets you dive deep into the menus of your gear. The included infrared transmitter and emitters even let you control non-network-connected components.
What you get
This Simple System package includes the Simple Control System app, the Simple Blaster Wi-Fi, Simple Hub activation license (hub sold separately), and a 12-month Simple Service subscription for control of up to 100 A/V and smart home devices. Renewal of the service is an additional $49.99/year. See all of the Simple Control subscription options here.
Navigate the program guide of your cable box right from the app.
What is Simple Control?
Simple Control is a universal remote control software system that runs on your iOS devices. It uses Wi-Fi to give you touchscreen control of your home entertainment components and smart home devices.
Use it to navigate the menus of your audio/video receiver, TV, cable box, Blu-ray player, and other A/V gear. It also provides a host of home automation control for compatible thermostats, lights, power outlets, and other network-connected equipment.
What does it work with?
Simple Control has built-in navigation for a wide range of smart devices including Amazon Echo, Apple TV, Sonos, Nest, Philips Hue, and many others. See their device compatibility list for a full list of supported gear.
Set up your Simple Control system on your iOS device
The Simple Control app lets you configure your equipment right on your iOS device, so no computer is needed. In many cases, the app will auto-detect the smart home gear on your network. There may be manual configuration required for some pieces of equipment. Crutchfield's free lifetime tech support is included with your purchase to help with questions along the way.
It works with legacy gear, too
Simple Control isn't just for smart devices. It also works with any piece of A/V gear that uses a remote control. The included infrared transmitter and IR emitters let you use your iOS device to send commands to any A/V component in your system.
- universal remote control software system for iOS devices
- includes the Simple Control System app, Simple Blaster Wi-Fi, Simple Hub software license, and a 12-month Simple Service subscription
- renewal of the Simple Service is an additional $49.99/year
- Simple Hub license is used with the Simple Hub (sold separately) for controlling your system while you're away over the internet
- see all of the Simple Control subscription options here
- control A/V and smart home devices, up to 100 total
- control non network-connected A/V equipment with included infrared transmitter and IR emitters
- navigate the menus of your audio/video receiver, TV, cable box, Blu-ray player, and other A/V gear
- provides control for compatible thermostats, lights, power outlets, and other network-connected equipment
- see the Simple Control device compatibility list for a full list of supported gear
- Simple Control is not currently available for Android™ devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Simple Blaster - Wi-Fi
- AC adapter (5V 1A)
- 80" USB power cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- IR cable with two emitters (78" cables) and one high-power blaster (80" cable)
- 6 Adhesive mounts for emitters/blaster
- Setup Guide (Simple System)
- Setup Guide (Simple Blaster - Wi-Fi)
- Setup Note
Overview: The Simple Control Pro System is a complete home control system. It lets you control many of the electronic devices from your iPhone or iPad via Wi-Fi and the Simple Control app. The included blaster connects to your smart device via Wi-Fi and the blaster controls the devices in your room via IR. This package includes the Simple Blaster, as well as the license and software key to unlock the potential of the Simple Control System.
Simple Control System: The Simple Control system lets you use your iPhone or iPad to communicate with your AV and smart home devices over a Wi-Fi network. The Simple Control app is an interface that turns your iPhones and iPads into remote controls for your TVs, Blu-ray players, AV receivers, media players, Satellite Receivers (Dish, DirecTV, TiVo), and projectors. All of the commands found on the original remote are found on the interface. You can also control your streaming devices (Apple TV, Roku, etc.), have access to all of your digital media, control your Sonos speakers, and control the lighting in your home.
Connections: The Simple Control Blaster (Wi-Fi) has the following connections:
- DC Power: The Simple Hub is powered by the supplied DC 5V power supply and USB power cable.
- 3.5mm: The 3.5mm jack is for plugging in the included IR blaster for controlling your devices.
Simple Control App: The Simple Control app, available from the iTunes App Store, turns your iPhone or iPad into a universal remote control. There are three levels of Simple Service, available by subscription, based on the number of devices controlled:
- Up to 3 Devices: Control up to 3 devices for $1.99 per month or $19.99 a year.
- Up to 20 Devices: Control up to 20 devices for $2.99 per month or $29.99 a year.
- Up to 100 Devices: Control up to 100 devices for $4.99 per month or $49.99 a year.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.