Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i
Streaming sound bar with built-in Wi-Fi®, Apple® AirPlay® 2, and Bluetooth® (Black)
Our take on the Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2i by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The compact Pulse Soundbar 2i is wall-mountable, and also has optional kickstands for cabinet top placement. (TV not included).
One high-performance sound bar
The Soundbar 2i delivers audio quality that'll please demanding movie and music lovers. This compact bar features a 6-speaker array to fill your room with spacious, fully detailed sound. And it can be part of a Bluesound wireless multi-room audio system. Enjoy top-notch sound from all your wireless music sources, including high-res files from a network-attached storage drive. And you can stream audio from your TV to Bluesound speakers in other rooms.
Wireless Dolby® Digital surround sound
The Pulse Soundbar 2i has two 1" tweeters, two 2" midrange drivers, and two 4" woofers, angled for wide dispersion. Two 4" passive bass radiators strengthen low frequencies for greater impact. But you don't have to stop there.
Create a wireless 5.1 surround sound system by adding a Bluesound Pulse Sub for even stronger bass and two Pulse Flex 2i speakers for the rear channels. The sound bar has Dolby Digital decoding built in. It wirelessly sends true Dolby rear-channel sound to the Pulse Flex 2i speakers and low bass to the subwoofer. That puts you right in the middle of an immersive home theater soundstage.
Selectable listening modes
The Pulse Soundbar 2i lets you tailor the sound with selectable listening modes. Two dialogue enhancing modes make it easier to understand what's being said. The wide cinema mode opens up the soundstage — great for epic blockbusters. There's also a wide music mode, so you can play a live concert Blu-ray and feel like you're in the audience.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
Built-in Apple AirPlay 2 technology lets you stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Bluesound system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Bluesound speakers or components you want it to play through.
High-quality two-way Bluetooth streaming
The Soundbar 2i features aptX® HD Bluetooth streaming for higher-fidelity sound with compatible Bluetooth devices. The system is backward-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth, too. You can even share that Bluetooth source with other Bluesound music players around your house that are connected to your network. And for convenient late-night listening, you can also stream wirelessly from the Soundbar 2i to a paired set of wireless headphones.
A universe of music options
Bluesound is compatible with virtually all digital music formats — including high-resolution files up to 24-bit/192kHz. Access the music stored on your computer or a networked hard drive. Stream from internet radio stations and online services like Spotify®, Deezer, and TIDAL (including their high-res MQA service tier). You can also enjoy downloads from high-res music sites such as HDtracks.
A USB input conveniently lets you play files "locally" from a flash drive or hard drive — ideal when friends come over with their own music.
Control it all with an app
The BlueOS controller app is a free download for both Apple® and Android™ devices. Select songs from your smartphone or tablet. The app displays all of your music services, internet radio stations, and digital music libraries stored on your computer or server. Play music in one room, all rooms, or different tracks in different spaces around your home through BluOS-compatible speakers and players.
- communicates with other Bluesound players via your home network (wired or wireless)
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, FLAC, MQA, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supported sample rates: 32kHz to 192kHz
- supported bit depths 16-24
- two 1" tweeters, two 2" midrange drivers, two 4" woofers, and two 4" passive bass radiators
- power output: 120 watts (20W per channel)
- frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
BluOS Controller app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize your BluOS speakers and players
- control multi-room playback with two or more Bluesound speakers or components
- select Bluetooth as an input, then redistribute the stream to other rooms via Wi-Fi
- access music stored on smartphone, tablet, computer or network drive
- stream from-compatible services such as Spotify Premium, TIDAL, Pandora, Amazon Music, TuneIn, and Deezer (subscriptions may be required)
Wireless surround sound options:
- add two Pulse Flex 2is for wireless rear channel speakers
- add a wireless Pulse Sub for high-impact bass with your movies
- true Dolby Digital decoding with 4.1-channel downmixing delivers wraparound sound
- selectable wide cinema, dialogue enhancement, and late night listening modes
Inputs and outputs:
- USB Type-A port for connecting a flash drive with music files
- combination mini-optical/stereo minijack audio input
- HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) input for connecting your TV
- eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports advanced surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- RCA mono subwoofer output
- Ethernet port
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with aptX support for better sound with compatible devices
- Bluetooth streaming to paired headphones or speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- built-in dual band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- wall mountable (bracket and hardware included)
- detachable AC power cord
- 42-1/4"W x 5-1/2"H x 2-3/4"D
- weight: 15 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee