Sennheiser CH 700 S
Balanced cable for Sennheiser HD 700 headphones
Our take on the Sennheiser CH 700 S by Crutchfield's David Brown
Get the most out of your Sennheiser headphone rig
If you've invested in Sennheiser's HD 700 headphones and one of their high-performance amplifiers, it's time to add the final piece to this glorious audiophile puzzle. The CH 700 S is a high-quality balanced cable designed for their HD 700 headphones. Replace the stock cable with the CH 700 S and connect it to the Sennheiser HDVD 800 or HDVA 600 to open up a world of audiophile delights for your ears to revel in.
This cable's four-pole XLR plug preserves the symmetrical signal flow from your Sennheiser amp through two pairs of oxygen-free copper leads all the way to the independent left- and right-earcup connectors. This results in very precise signal transmission with almost no distortion, so you can maximize the sonic potential of your headphones and amplifier. You'll enjoy clean, wide-open sound with fine detail shining through and virtually no noise.
- balanced headphone cable with 4-pole XLR connector
- left- and right-channel 2.5mm connectors designed for connection to the Sennheiser HD 700 headphones
- allow balanced connection to the Sennheiser HDVA 600 and HDVD 800 headphone amplifiers
- two pairs of oxygen-free copper leads maintain a symmetrical signal flow to each channel
- leads are plated in silver, twisted, and shielded
- gold-plated contacts
- length: 9.8 feet (3 meters)
- weight: 4.4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 10' (3 meters) Headphone cable for HD 700 headphones (with left and right 2.5mm sub-mini plugs on one end and one XLR-4 connector on the other end)
Overview: The Sennheiser CH 700 S is a high-end cable for the HD 700 audiophile-grade headphones. It is 10' (3 meters) long, with two 2.5mm sub-mini plugs on one end (headphone) and a single XLR-4 connector on the other end (amplifier). The cable is very flexible, and has an elegant fabric covering to minimize friction and distortion picked up through cable contact.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Matched to any headphones with mono 1/8" plugs that combine to a stereo 4pin balanced xlr connector like hd700 or oppo headphones [ Jim Apr 19, 2016 ]