LAT Subwoofer System
Powered hatchback subwoofer
Item # 500PLV7 | MFR # PLV-7
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Alpine PLV-7
LAT Subwoofer System
by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Revolutionary technology, massive sound, and Alpine they just go together. Alpine's LAT Subwoofer Systems utilize cutting-edge Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology, which uses a series of small woofers to create sound output equal to that of a much larger subwoofer, while using much less space.
The PLV-7 Subwoofer System's LAT subwoofer array consists of six 7-inch cones that provide the same bass punch as a pair of 12" subs. Alpine houses the array in a super-efficient Ultra Reflex enclosure, and matches the subs up to a highly efficient 500-watt digital amplifier. The result? Clean, pounding bass from an enclosure that takes up 30% less space than a dual 12" box.
The PLV-7 incorporates speaker- and preamp-level inputs, and features a low-frequency filter for matching the bass output to your system. A remote bass knob gives you fingertip control of the variable bass boost.
Note: Sorry, Crutchfield cannot ship Alpine products to Guam or Puerto Rico.
- amplified subwoofer system with Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology
- six 7-inch woofer cones in Ultra Reflex subwoofer box
- Alpine PDX 500-watt RMS digital amplifier
- variable low-pass crossover
- bass boost (0-12 dB @ 45 Hz) with wired remote control
- subsonic filter (30 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring not included with system
- 23-3/8"W x 13-1/4"H x 13-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Three 25 amp fuses (installed)
- 4 Metal mounting plates
- Remote bass control unit
- 16.25' Remote bass cable (has a phone-type connector on each end)
- 20" Speaker-level input harness
- 2 Right-angle RCA adapters
- 4 Pan-head self-tapping screws
- 16 Flat-head self-tapping screws
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual (English/French)
- Warranty sheet
- Customer Care Registration sheet
LAT Subwoofer System Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Connector Type||RCA and Harness|
|Woofer Size (inches)||7 x 6|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Frequency Response||20-120 Hz|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||500 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
|Crossover Point||50-200 Hz|
Product Overview: The PLV-7 features Linear Array Transducer (LAT) technology, which uses a series of small woofers to create sound output equal to that of a much larger subwoofer. The subwoofer array consists of six 7-inch cones that provide bass punch similar to a pair of 12" subs. The woofers are housed in a small Ultra Reflex enclosure and powered by a 500-watt RMS amplifier.
Low-pass Filter: The built-in low-pass filter can be adjusted from 50 to 120 Hz. The crossover slope is 24 dB/octave.
Auto Turn-On: The amplifier will turn on automatically whenever there is a signal at the speaker level inputs. When using the line level inputs you must also use a remote turn on lead.
Bass Boost: The amplifier features a 0 to +12dB bass boost, centered at 45 Hz.
Remote Bass Control Knob: You can control the bass level from the driver's seat with the supplied Remote Bass Control knob. The mounting brackets on the control knob housing can be reversed to mount above or below a flat surface. If you want to fabricate a custom bracket, the existing brackets can be removed and the housing can be flush mounted. The control knob connects to the amplified subwoofer via the supplied remote bass cable. The control knob housing measures:
- Width: 0.952 (1.785" with the mounting brackets)
- Height: 1.004"
- Depth: 1.628" (2.475" with the knob and wiring)
Phase Control: The subwoofer's phase control allows you to reverse the phase of the subwoofer's output relative to the system. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
- Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of the subwoofer
- Crossover Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the low-pass filter from 50 to 120 Hz
- Bass EQ: rotary control that allows you to adjust the bass boost from 0 to +12 dB
- Phase Control: switch that allows you to set the subwoofer's phase to 0° or 180°
- Input: switch that allows you to choose the speaker-level or RCA-level inputs
- BATT: set-screw terminal that accepts up to 4-gauge wire
- REM: set-screw terminal that accepts up to 8-gauge wire
- GND: set-screw terminal that accepts up to 4-gauge wire
- RCA: left and right line level inputs
- Remote: phone-type jack for use with the supplied Remote Bass Control knob
- Speaker-level Input: 4-pin jack for use with the supplied speaker-level input harness
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.