Screen Innovations 5 Series
Fixed-frame projector screen with Zero Edge® frame, Pure® White fabric (160")
Our take on the Screen Innovations 5 Series by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Zero Edge — it's like a gigantic flat-screen TV
The Zero Edge series is one of Screen Innovations' most popular designs ever, and it's easy to see why. With its super-skinny frame and beautifully crisp picture, it looks like an enormous flat-screen TV hanging on your wall. It even looks good with the image turned off.
See the finest details — even with 4K
This screen features SI's proprietary Micro Texture surface that is nine times finer and smoother than conventional screen materials. That means 4K Ultra High Definition content will look pinpoint-sharp, with exceptional picture depth.
If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, this screen would make an ideal match.
In fact, this material is actually rated for 8K video, so that if and when 8K projectors and content ever arrive, you'll be ready. This screen's Pure White finish has a gain of 1.3, which will boost picture brightness no matter what projector you use.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools. Screen Innovations' patented EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation, and ensures an exceptionally flat, tight surface, for projecting a flawlessly smooth image. The screen should be mounted 36" to 42" from the floor.
Screen Innovations — their name says it all
Based in Austin, Texas, Screen Innovations has made it their mission to design and build screens that make it possible to enjoy the big-screen projector experience in nearly any room. They offer a wide range of screen sizes, materials, and frames to optimize projector systems for residential and commercial spaces.
- 160" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 139-7/16"W x 78-7/16"H
- ultra-slim Zero Edge frame is 3/8"W x 1-3/4"D
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- Pure White material with screen gain of 1.3 boosts picture brightness
- Micro Texture surface is 9X finer and smoother than typical screens
- optimal viewing angle range is 75° half-angle, 150° total
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- EZ-Snap™ tensioning system simplifies installation and ensures a flat, tight surface
- overall dimensions: 140-7/16"W x 79-7/16"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee