In-wall rated HDMI cable (12 meters/39.4 feet)
Our take on the AudioQuest Pearl by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
If you want a clean, professional look with your custom home theater system, in-wall cables are a must. This HDMI cable from AudioQuest can be safely run inside your walls and ceilings, and will provide superior picture and sound quality, even over a long runs. And with its "Standard Speed with Ethernet" rating, it can provide an Internet connection between compatible components.
Solid core conductors for better signal transfer
AudioQuest's superior build quality is especially important in a cable that's this long. Pearl's high-purity copper, solid-core conductors ensure every bit of picture and sound information makes it to your gear — something that can be a real challenge for poorer-quality cables.
AudioQuest Pearl is fully backward-compatible with HDMI 1.3 and earlier cables. Bit Error Rate testing ensures that every cable passes signals as accurately as possible.
- "Standard Speed with Ethernet" cable design
- supports HDMI version 1.4 features:
- bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components
- audio return channel for sending Dolby® Digital sound from an HDTV back to an A/V receiver
- 24-gauge solid-core, high-purity Long Grain Copper conductors for superior signal transfer
- solid polyethylene insulation
- white, in-wall rated PVC jacket
- gold-plated contacts resist corrosion
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 12-Meter HDMI-to-HDMI cable (with clear plastic protectors on each connector)
AudioQuest Pearl Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
HDMI 1.4 Certified: The AudioQuest Pearl HDMI cable fully complies with the HDMI 1.4 specification and supports the ultra high speed 10.2Gbps bandwidth for 1080p high resolution multichannel audio, ARC, and Ethernet compatibility.
- 1080p Video: Supports resolutions up to 1080p/60 video resolution for high definition video.
- High Resolution Multichannel Audio: Supports lossless high resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS HD.
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) which allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- Ethernet Enabled: Provides high-speed networking to it HDMI link, allowing you to take full advantage of your IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
Note: AudioQuest HDMI cables over 8 meters (26' 3") are only standard speed with support up to 1080p video (not 4K).
Quality Construction: The Pearl HDMI cable features quality construction to maximize video and audio performance.
- Solid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion. Pearl's solid Long-Grain Copper allows a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. OFHC is a general metal industry specification regarding "loss" without any concern for distortion. LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material, less impurities, less grain boundaries, and definitively better performance.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Pearl HDMI uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- Gold-Plated Connectors: The Audioquest HDMI cable features gold-plated HDMI standard size (Type-A) connectors for maximum signal transfer.
Directionality: All AQ HDMI cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest HDMI cable. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality.
In-Wall Rated: Audioquest Pearl HDMI cables (12m/20m/16m lengths) are CMG/FT4 rated for in-wall installation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.